Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 4:55 AM
Default About Mods
I've tried following the guidelines on how to install mods but its confusing for the Sims Medieval when you try following the guides but they only give options for Sims 2 and Sims Medieval. I've made the mods/package folder. I put the Resource file in the base game folder. I put the d3d file in the bin folder. But the mod still isn't showing up. Can someone help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 8:17 AM
Is your game fully patched to the latest version?

The mod .package file(s) are in the package folder?

Have you put multiple mods there and none of them are working, or are some working and others not?

And are you sure all mods you've placed there are sims medieval mods? Sims 3 mods will not work with Medieval (not even clothes or hair meshes).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 1:08 PM
Yea, I'm sure. I found the mod in the Sims Medieval area and the screen shots were Sims Medieval too. There are two .package files but they were in the same mod to go together and they weren't just different versions of the mod. One added clothing and the other was a core mode. Also my game is fully updated to the newest version.
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 1:38 AM
We're discussing install problems at my core mod thread. Seeing how there aren't many cores for this game.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 2:25 PM
Hmm I'm not really sure then, 99% of problems are due to one of the reasons above. You could try redownloading the mods in case the download was corrupted... and try adding another addon... the Grim's intro disabler would be a good one because if you see the intro movie, you know something is in the wrong place or the wrong file.

You did get the d3dx and resource.cfg files in Rockerduck's thread here and not from another source right?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 10:43 PM
Yea I got t got them from that source, and thanks for the idea I'll try the intro disabler to see if it works.