Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 4:40 AM Last edited by TheHologramMan : 1st Oct 2011 at 6:04 PM. Reason: Updated to v1.5
Default THM - Dynamic Professions Mod (updated 10/1)
TZ-DynamicProfession 1.5
- A The Sims Medieval Mod for Version 2.0.113 (including Pirates and Nobles)

This modification adds a "Debug" menu on every Sim which allows adding and removing of Professions and Abilities on sims.

The mod allows setting the profession on the Sim but allows more options than the debug mode and also allows setting profession to None to remove.

The mod will set the attribute to the current level of the profession of the Sim or level 1 if the Sim has no level such as NPCs. The advantage of this one is that it does not reset the default appearance of the Sim when changing professions.

The list of abilities exposed by this mod are:
Advisor, Combat, Commerce, Constable, Execution, Gathering, Geology, Herbalism, Jester, Lore, Lutecraft, Magic, Magicraft, Medcraft, Medicine, Metalworking, OffensiveSpells, Performance, Poisons, Politics, Royalty, Scoundrel, Selling, Tactics, Treatment, UtilitySpells, JacobanFaith, JacobanLowFaith, PeteranFaith, PeteranLowFaith

Adding or Removing *All* does not affect the following:
JacobanFaith, JacobanLowFaith, PeteranFaith, PeteranLowFaith

James009 has started this thread for discussing the Abilities and what they do.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=439517

Using The Remove All Abilities option will not remove any Abilities of the current profession. NPCs will have all abilities removed since they do not have levels.

** WARNINGS **
I do not know the consequences of using this mod and there are likely to be problems with it so dont use it unless you know that it can mess up your save game.

=== Known Issues ===
The Debug... menu option will not appear if you do not have a faith or it is corrupted. This can sometimes happen when using the Edit in CAS option.

=== Installation ===
1. Install the standard modification prerequisites which are listed in this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344
2. Place the package file in the "The Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages" folder.

=== Uninstallation ===
1. Remove the package from the install folder.

=== Change Log ===
  • 10/1/2011 - v 1.5
    • Add Factions... to enable switching between Noble and Pirate factions or removing it.
  • 9/15/2011 - v 1.4
    • Rebuild to support v2.0.113 (including Pirates and Nobles)
  • 4/11/2011 - v 1.3
    • Add "Set Profession" and "Set Professional Level" options.
  • 4/11/2011 - v 1.2
    • Moved *All* option for abilities under Add/Remove menus
    • Force minimum level of 1 when using default adding abilities
    • Added 'Set Ability Level' option to manually tweak specific ability levels
  • 4/10/2011 - v 1.1
    • Added More options to debug menu
    • Edit in CAS - Made a copy here to clean up the root menu on Sims
    • Change Faith To - Change between the 3 faiths. This can fix problems with menus not appearing but must be done with another sim active.
    • Add Change Fatal Flaw / Legendary Trait menu.
    • Add Max Motives (maximizes many good motives and minimizes some bad ones)
  • 4/10/2011 - V 1.0
    • Initial Release
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TZ-DynamicProfession_v1.1.zip (8.1 KB, 962 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  TZ-DynamicProfession_v1.2.zip (8.7 KB, 638 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  TZ-DynamicProfession_v1.3.zip (9.4 KB, 2594 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  TZ-DynamicProfession_v1.4.zip (12.4 KB, 674 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  TZ-DynamicProfession_v1.5.zip (14.0 KB, 7023 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 9:42 AM
No way, you added levels? Does this mean the Blacksmith can be a level 5 Blacksmith and a level 3 in Combat? Great work!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 10:33 AM
As it seems with the newest update even generic npcs can do all those special things like picking herbs and go fishing after you give them the ability to do so So thanks a lot for this, the Sims Medieval just got a LOT better Now we only need private rooms/lockable doors
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 3:25 PM
@THM - I loooooooooooooove this. Thank you.

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
No way, you added levels? Does this mean the Blacksmith can be a level 5 Blacksmith and a level 3 in Combat? Great work!

Yes but the game will level up Combat to Level 6 for instance when the profession level increases to level 6. The purpose was to support fixing NPCs which have mismatched levels like Fair Maiden if you mess with them and do a Remove All on them. But of course, the idea was to allow whatever people desire.
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 4:51 AM
I must say, this is the best mod available so far for tsm. I love it
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:42 AM
It's a very useful mod.

I do have an issue with it, however. It looks like the game likes to forget which skills I give to my heroes and after reload or after starting a new quest sets them up with different ones or clears them completely (leaving only professional).

I didn't test it thoroughly, but I'm sure I got this more often for heroes multiclassed than for heroes I didn't tinker with earlier.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 2:55 PM
I'm so used to hiting the thanks button but I'll just have to say it. Thank you : )

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 7:19 AM
Yay!! I no longer have to condemn people to death for excessive gas...I can just reform their ways...
Inventor
#10 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:10 PM
Does this mod need the dll ? Is it core or script ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 5:32 PM
It does require the d3dx9_31.dll in Game\Bin. The mod also requires the Resource.cfg in the game folder (see instructions) and the actual package in the mod\Packages folder.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 9:28 PM
This is great - think all my medievals should be able to do combat and trade on the ship! Anyone who can buy a sword should be able to use it, yes? Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheHologramMan
Yes but the game will level up Combat to Level 6 for instance when the profession level increases to level 6. The purpose was to support fixing NPCs which have mismatched levels like Fair Maiden if you mess with them and do a Remove All on them. But of course, the idea was to allow whatever people desire.

So in the default settings there really is basically only one "skill?" Man... I was hoping to be wrong.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 3:25 PM
I realized I never thanked you properly for this mod, while it is the single most important mod to this game for me. It adds so much to my game experience. So, thank you so much !

I noticed something, I'm not certain it is related, several NPCs seemed to develop the combat ability (very few of them actually show it, ie a farmer practicing in the training yard from time to time, or the town crier deciding to spar with one of my guards.
I wasn't paying attention before so it's probably been here forever, just asking.

I was also wondering if the "special NPC" condition could be duplicated, like say I want two servants for my monarch or a barmaid to work with my barman or even more monks, could it be possible ?
(I've attempted to marry my barman to some brewmistress NPC but she kept trying to sleep in the bard's bed, I'm sure we can fit a whole family in the rabbithole inside the tavern !)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happyopi
I noticed something, I'm not certain it is related, several NPCs seemed to develop the combat ability (very few of them actually show it, ie a farmer practicing in the training yard from time to time, or the town crier deciding to spar with one of my guards. I wasn't paying attention before so it's probably been here forever, just asking.

The Town Cryer has the combat ability by default, they are sort of like soldiers or guards. The farmer you mention, the sim is titled "Farmer"? Like Farmer John or whatever? There is at least one other type of NPC who wander into the hood who have the combat ability by default. What are they called.... maybe the Squire.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 11:27 PM
I have a major problem with this Mod that I put in today. I made a NPC character a Shopkeeper, now ALL my Townies have disappaeared! I need to get back to my old game. Only heros and children are showing up walking around my Kingdom now! Help! Also when I click on the Hero box in Free Time quest, there are like 15 "Shopkeeper Alanis" are showing up. I need help to get my Townies back! I've tried asking a Hero sim to bring her back to a location, and she won't show up so I can Debug her! Help!
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 11:54 PM
I have now lost my whole first world and now have to re-install the whole game from scratch. Do not use this Mod if you don't know how to work with the game. I lost all my Townies and my game became un-playable. I saved my Sims from my first world and since I never completed the 1st Ambition, it now is stuck and will not let me even start a new game. Use with caution! So over 15 quests are now defunct and I have to start with a whole new Kingdom again. Sucks!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Upanova01
I have a major problem with this Mod that I put in today. I made a NPC character a Shopkeeper, now ALL my Townies have disappaeared! I need to get back to my old game. Only heros and children are showing up walking around my Kingdom now! Help! Also when I click on the Hero box in Free Time quest, there are like 15 "Shopkeeper Alanis" are showing up. I need help to get my Townies back! I've tried asking a Hero sim to bring her back to a location, and she won't show up so I can Debug her! Help!

This happened to me once too; exactly the same as you describe. The reason it happened, in other words, the mistake that I made, is this:

I made this Townie a hero of some kind, giving her a profession. She got away from me and went home, to that Village Shoppe. All of the townies never came back out of there, they were all transformed into clones of this individual.

So if one wants to change these village shoppe townies into Profession hero sims, what one needs to do is immediately use shift+right click on them and make them playable, so they are members of your "active family"; or if you are on FreeTime, of course you can just switch to them. Then you never let them go "home", you put them to bed in one of the houses. So you will be stuck playing them forever I think.

Some of the sims in your hood do not have the village shoppe as their "home". Those acolite sims at the churches, the barman at the tavern, the nurse at the physician's are some examples. These are safe I think to turn into heroes, and after playing with them for awhile, you cut them loose and let them do what they want; they won't be going home to sleep at the village shoppe and the problem won't occur. I haven't tested this with ALLLLL of these sims though.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
This happened to me once too; exactly the same as you describe. The reason it happened, in other words, the mistake that I made, is this:

I made this Townie a hero of some kind, giving her a profession. She got away from me and went home, to that Village Shoppe. All of the townies never came back out of there, they were all transformed into clones of this individual.

Today you are my hero! That was part of my problem!
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 4:52 PM Last edited by SinisterSim : 29th Apr 2011 at 7:22 PM.
Hope this gets updated soon for 1.3, I absolutely love this mod!
*Edit* I just tested this in 1.3 and it works fine as far as I can tell
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 10:33 PM
Dear TheHologramMan, I would like to thank you very much for creating the Dynamic Professions Mod. The mod is magnificent for in-game Sim tweaking which gives rise to awesome story telling. Due to the recent patch, I was hoping you would be able to add the ability to adjust the first two traits to your mods pie menu. The new patch does not allow the adjustment of the traits when using the testing cheats enabled. Currently, if any traits are modified through the Edit in CAS option, you will not be able to self interact when mouse clicking the Sim. Thank you again for sharing and updating your Mod and do let us know if you will add the additional trait adjustments.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 9:48 AM
I accidently created a new Bard due to not knowing what I was doing. Is it possible to 'Un-Bard' him and make him an ordinary character again?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 12:07 PM
yes, you can set profession to none and they will be an ordinary person.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 2:48 PM
This seems to work ok for me with the current patch, except I can't use the legendary traits.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 5:43 PM Last edited by maggidesto : 1st May 2011 at 9:41 AM.
Thank you, rcranger9, I'll look for that option.
Page 1 of 4