Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#2476 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
https://twitter.com/SimGuruHouts/st...654430738538497

I'm sure some people will find ways to blow through it quickly, but it's intended that you take your time and not really rush through it. Our rough estimate is that it'll take you 3 - 5 hours to play through the whole story depending on what in-game speeds you're using, etc.

Gee man I sure better be careful what info I read or streams I watch. Wouldn't want to spoil the epic 3-5 hour story for myself.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2477 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
Gee man I sure better be careful what info I read or streams I watch. Wouldn't want to spoil the epic 3-5 hour story for myself.

(LOL), an estimated amount of hours (just like in ANY past pack) players will pour hours to play till they get the feeling "welp... I think I 'complete/finish' what's there is to it (the bought dlc)". I thought people have made it clear (alias, the studio doesn't get an hint or/and don't care), that people want overlasting feeling/engagement of the replay value than a week after the purchased day of the thing? It's kinda anti-productive, although in the sims case - doesn't change and help the status of how TS4 continues to be b-o-r-i-n-g, to encourage play less than they're like already are. Why make a pack that offers a story that by developers are estimated it can be unfolded under few hours within one kill of a day? Why should players have to only play it like it's a thrilling TV drama series that is only aired on sundays, just to get the fun (- if ANY for most of their poured-playing time) of the story that is being shown. Heck, even spin-off mission-based sims game had longer stories for players to work with on wasting their freetime on.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#2478 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
(LOL), an estimated amount of hours (just like in ANY past pack) players will pour hours to play till they get the feeling "welp... I think I 'complete/finish' what's there is to it (the bought dlc)". I thought people have made it clear (alias, the studio doesn't get an hint or/and don't care), that people want overlasting feeling/engagement of the replay value than a week after the purchased day of the thing? It's kinda anti-productive, although in the sims case - doesn't change and help the status of how TS4 continues to be b-o-r-i-n-g, to encourage play less than they're like already are. Why make a pack that offers a story that by developers are estimated it can be unfolded under few hours within one kill of a day? Why should players have to only play it like it's a thrilling TV drama series that is only aired on sundays, just to get the fun (- if ANY for most of their poured-playing time) of the story that is being shown. Heck, even spin-off mission-based sims game had longer stories for players to work with on wasting their freetime on.

I mean if it's really only 3 hours then by their logic, if someone's brother comes in the room and says "mom says she's gonna cook turkey for dinner in a couple hours" they can reasonably respond with "YO WTF Spoilers!!"
dodgy builder
#2479 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:56 AM
I like the world map. Nice colors and by the canyon like that.

A 3 hour playthrough is too little to make me change my mind. I don't really like fixed gameplay either.
Forum Resident
#2480 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 7:21 AM
I'm kinda laughing right now in confusion.

What is this?? It reminds me of the Sims 2 GBA port where you're on a TV show set in Strangetown. But that was fine because it was its own separate entity. This as an add-on to the main game...? It seems odd. Part of me was thinking for a second that this was gonna be a stand-alone title kinda like the "Stories" series from TS2, but apparently not.

Just...who asked for this exactly? Haven't most people been wanting basic everyday things to make their life simulator game a tad more realistic and functional? This seems like it'll have the same feel (and reception) as Jungle Adventure: fun for a small diversion but nothing awe-inspiring that would add depth to the regular gameplay.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Forum Resident
#2481 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 8:04 AM
New world map

And screenshot of the new airplane thingy which seems to have a hidden bunker/basement underneath

Hm, it really is totally similar to Oasis Springs. But I can't help to like this style of everything being a little damaged and dusty combined with the military look.

Also, I loved the trailer park one of the three friends lived in and the clutter they used to make the meeting point of them seem like a homeless persons living "room".
It made me wonder if LGR might like this pack only for the "Hobo" style look he always wanted lol
Mad Poster
#2482 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 9:04 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:13 AM.
I have a feeling that StrangerVilly will be the least ratingly received game pack, with City Living and MFP of their respective pack type following the steps. This doesn't feel like a pack. (From I understand), this could be counted as that plantSim challemge. A quest, a single quest in a game? Is that what this pack is going for? I guess I could forget about they're ever being impletations of action-based apocalyptic scenarios in the game.They could have well spent their time on making zombies interesting life state... or maybe they will with this weird blown up eye looking hysterical "zombies" or whatever they are.

I can only compliment objects I guessed.

Forum Resident
#2483 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:30 AM
https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...742076378730497

Sims team: puts things in a new GP trailer that aren't part of the GP
Fans: are upset
Sims team:

Guess it's good they're trying to add it now, though the selfie options are some of the things in this game I couldn't care any less about, so I would have preferred it if they spent their time on something else instead of working on that now...
One Minute Ninja'd
#2484 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:34 AM
New world map

And screenshot of the new airplane thingy which seems to have a hidden bunker/basement underneath

Someone please tell me that world map is just the first version they sketched up over a lunch break. That's it? The actual release map?

Maybe they figure it'll create nostalgia so posters will talk about how great the earlier packs in TS4 were.

At least any sims players into RPG type gameplay will have a pack to enjoy. Maybe. It's not like the Sims Studio is filled with RPG experienced developers. Or it could be, which would explain other aspects of the franchise. Story-lines have no real place in a Sims game. But they keep trying for it over and over. This one is at least up front about it. Can't deny that's the main focus.
Lab Assistant
#2485 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:37 AM
I still think those "strange" Sims are hopped up on goofballs.
(The right people will get it )

Edit: And it seems being "strange" causes catastrophic neck snapping.

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Test Subject
#2486 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:57 AM
New world map

I don’t mind small worlds with game packs, in fact I welcome more worlds (I buy just for worlds tbh) but didn’t they say the reason with Del Sol Valley - an EP world - was so small because of how “game mechanics or engine or whatever” worked was that the more worlds you put, the smaller future worlds will have to be because Sims 4 can’t take that many lots?

If that’s the case, wouldn’t it have been smarter to not add a new world so quickly?
Or was all that just another lie?
Mad Poster
#2487 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:00 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:13 PM.
One thing is guaranteed, they have no interest to compile to the demands or improve the game. I can't say that wasn't happening before, but... They're doing for themselves. Nobody is that clueless to prioritize this type of nonsense. It was proclaimed that the production will continue on for a few remainder of years, so with that intent they have planned either to leave important things (University, Witches) for last or drop all/some of these classification themes in favor for newly fresh gimmicky packs with the behind excuse being "too much work" (with the unfortunate fate possibly happening to witches).

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2488 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:10 PM
Why even add a fake selfie to the game? Why fake anything. They should use machinima for its intended purpose and not try to do things artificially. They’ve been doing this for well over a decade as a team/unit. They should know better.

Also, I love how they’re jumping at the opportunity to provide players with group selfies after an immediate outcry, but want nothing to do with anything remotely labor intensive.

“We have no plans for university, but we’ll get right on to those group selfies and story modes!”

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2489 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 2:47 PM
Things is, I don't think group selfies are what they are going to try and impliment. From what I have read on twitter it is the ability to place photo frames on surfaces as well as walls that they are looking into.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#2490 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CupcakeWitch
I don’t mind small worlds with game packs, in fact I welcome more worlds (I buy just for worlds tbh) but didn’t they say the reason with Del Sol Valley - an EP world - was so small because of how “game mechanics or engine or whatever” worked was that the more worlds you put, the smaller future worlds will have to be because Sims 4 can’t take that many lots?

If that’s the case, wouldn’t it have been smarter to not add a new world so quickly?
Or was all that just another lie?

I think they have a total lot 'budget' that they know the game can handle for most computers, and have sort of proportioned out the number of lots in any future expansion world.

For this same reason, I doubt TS4 will get another world as large as Windenburg again.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2491 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Things is, I don't think group selfies are what they are going to try and impliment. From what I have read on twitter it is the ability to place photo frames on surfaces as well as walls that they are looking into.

That’s not hard.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2492 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:59 PM
Anyone asked whether laptops are portable?

Forum Resident
#2493 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 1:48 PM
https://twitter.com/SimGuruKate/sta...128783469109248
Quote:
A few more questions about StrangerVille I wanted to answer!
- There is a new aspiration
- There is a new Sim trait
- There is no new lot trait
- Build/Buy catalogue size is similar to GP1/GP5
Forum Resident
#2494 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 4:25 PM
https://simscommunity.info/2019/02/...FBakkX8RJXMo6aI (Possibly huge spoilers for the story)
I saw this link floating around on Twitter and the official forums, and the Gurus only repeatedly said to use spoiler tags and that the code was indeed found in the game data yesterday.

I have no idea how legit it really is, so take it with a grain of salt, but I can't stop laughing because it sounds so surreal and weird I literally went "... What?" when I read this I can only imagine how easy it would be to
and it doesn't seem like much replay value. But it would really explain why this pack doesn't seem to have much content... In theory I think something like this could be entertaining, but not instead of other content. It should really only be used as additional fun and not as main content of a pack.
I'm actually curious about the embargo lift tomorrow tbh
Instructor
#2495 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 5:31 PM
https://simscommunity.info/2019/02/...FBakkX8RJXMo6aI (Possibly huge spoilers for the story)
I saw this link floating around on Twitter and the official forums, and the Gurus only repeatedly said to use spoiler tags and that the code was indeed found in the game data yesterday.

I have no idea how legit it really is, so take it with a grain of salt, but I can't stop laughing because it sounds so surreal and weird I literally went "... What?" when I read this I can only imagine how easy it would be to
and it doesn't seem like much replay value. But it would really explain why this pack doesn't seem to have much content... In theory I think something like this could be entertaining, but not instead of other content. It should really only be used as additional fun and not as main content of a pack.

Oh nooooooo you've ruined the 3 hour story for me omg

But yeah, seems odd. Like I think the simple issue is that the game engine doesn't seem built for this. An actual boss battle would demand quick reactions from the Sims and HO' DAMN WE SURE AS FUCK KNOW THAT DON'T HAPPEN. The best they could do is give you a timer and you have to like solve a minor puzzle in that timeframe by giving commands. Doesn't sound too intense or interesting, and honestly what happens if you lose...?

But that'd basically spell out the storyline as: alien space plant comes to Earth and controls minds for some nefarious purpose regarding it's species wanting to take over the world or whatever, kill giant plant and free mind-controlled Sims. Not exactly original, not exactly the works of Shakespeare. Infact, it sounds incredibly barebones, so I'm wondering what on earth the "spoiler" is supposed to be. The plot is legit "once upon a time a thing wanted to kill us but we killeded it first yay the end."

EDIT: WTF is with those twitter comments against datamining? That's gotta be one of the weirdest things I've ever heard people express distaste for. "Yo, fuck those guys that are curious about how the game works."
Theorist
#2496 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 5:44 PM

I have no idea how legit it really is, so take it with a grain of salt, but I can't stop laughing because it sounds so surreal and weird I literally went "... What?" when I read this I can only imagine how easy it would be todefeat the mother plant by clicking on some pop ups or putting a special item somewhere[/spoiler] and it doesn't seem like much replay value. But it would really explain why this pack doesn't seem to have much content... In theory I think something like this could be entertaining, but not instead of other content. It should really only be used as additional fun and not as main content of a pack.

Seriously? A
in a non-console Sims title? What's next? Leveling up? Summoning Minions? Searching drop boxes for weapons and armour?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#2497 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
WTF is with those twitter comments against datamining? That's gotta be one of the weirdest things I've ever heard people express distaste for. "Yo, fuck those guys that are curious about how the game works."

You'd be surprised. It's the same kind of people that don't like modders/modding their games because "that's not how you're supposed to play it." As crazy as it sounds, there are people who actually get upset when people do things such as this with their games, because their idea is that anything that isn't official content isn't "real" content. Same idea here. Dataminers aren't "real" developers working on the game so they need to "know their place" and stop doing it.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#2498 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 5:53 PM
I'm laughing right now because I literally received my first EVER warning on the officials when replying in a thread about this pack, because I got so BAFFLED by a comment from a guru. I just couldn't suppress my frustration enough.
Apparently the gurus are so sensitive they can't take someone being condescending when they ask retarded questions. It's the equivalent of calling someone and asking what is wrong and when they tell you you go "how dare you answer!" and slam the phone down angrily. Although I don't think the guru in question actually thought that, it's the moderators that have this policy to follow, but still.

As much as I think stories can be fun to follow in games, I'd rather we could get story sandbox tools that lets us create our own stories. A story like this one is something you do when you have nothing else to add to the game. But hey, it might still be fun, I just get really tired of the devs not getting what a sims game is supposed to be, albeit in my opinion.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#2499 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
As much as I think stories can be fun to follow in games, I'd rather we could get story sandbox tools that lets us create our own stories.

Exactly my point. Why don't people get this? We literally have an endless pit of games that tell their own stories. Now The Sims, a game that has first and foremost always been about telling your own, is becoming this too. If the Gurus have their way, this series is going to become just a glorified "Choose Your Own Adventure" styled game.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#2500 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
You'd be surprised. It's the same kind of people that don't like modders/modding their games because "that's not how you're supposed to play it." As crazy as it sounds, there are people who actually get upset when people do things such as this with their games, because their idea is that anything that isn't official content isn't "real" content. Same idea here. Dataminers aren't "real" developers working on the game so they need to "know their place" and stop doing it.

I typically don't like modding because I like enjoying the vanilla experience as it was intended to be experienced, but that doesn't mean I hate or get annoyed by modders. WTF just leave them be and let them enjoy their experience while you enjoy yours. My only beef is the people who try to write off complaints by saying "don't worry modders will fix it" instead of holding the devs to a higher standard, but that's different. That's less to do with modders and more to do with people not understanding when they're essentially giving permission to devs to put in less effort.

Dataminers though? I just find that so weird because dataminers are essentially the archivists of the gaming world. They grab the info, they get the data and they archive it and make it readily available for people. This helps spot bugs, what causes them and also helps people understand more complex game mechanics better. If you don't like knowing that stuff then wtf don't look, but I just find it weird because they're essentially getting mad at someone for pursuing knowledge. For me it's like the gaming world's version of disliking someone for going to school.
Page 100 of 185