Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2018 at 2:14 PM
Default What's the most confusing family tree you've had?
Have you ever made any tangled family trees? For example have two sisters have children by the same man.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th May 2018 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow214
Have you ever made any tangled family trees? For example have two sisters have children by the same man.

I'll have to get back to you on that because I'm working on it in my game right now lol Ripp Grunt is sleeping with his little brother Bucks wife who happens to be Jill Smith (Pollination tech #9's daughter). I plan on making him father the first child and sadly Buck will be caring for it (believing it is his) and the following child will be his (Bucks). I'm not sure when I will allow them to be caught l, but so far they haven't been.

ETA: If family relationships do not conflict, I was thinking of making one of Tank Grunts children date one of Johnny Smith's children and in my game they are still enemies.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th May 2018 at 3:15 PM
Hah

bite me

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2018 at 3:24 PM
The Burb/Gavigan/Newson family all seem to be quite entangled although not too much...
It started when Lucy Burb and Isiah Gavigan met as teenagers and started dating. John and Jennifer had recently divorced, and so had Nathan and Mary. In the end, John and Mary were way more attracted to each other, so I let them marry, and broke Lucy and Isiah up. ACR had a different idea, and they dated whilst being step-siblings but that eventually fizzled out (Otherwise that would've really made for a confusing family tree). Nathan married Ginger Newson, and Lucy married Ginger's brother Gallagher. Isiah ended up marrying the Goodie's daughter and had Noah Gavigan.... who has just started dating.... Ginny Newson! The daughter of Georgia Newson, who was raised by Ginger and Nathan. Seems these families are quite entangled.

The Ottomas/Larson family tree is a little everywhere too...
Jason Larson dated Tara Kat and had Kat Larson. Jodie (his sister) married David Ottomas, and had Dottie Ottomas.
Dottie was always very close with her cousin, Kat, as well as her younger Aunt/Uncles (Tommy, Richard & Robin (twins) and Nora), so naturally Kat became close with them too. As they grew older, Kat dated back and forth between Tommy (romance sim who was totally not interested in her) and Richard (Family sim, loves her with all his heart). She fell pregnant as a teenager with Tommy's baby, Reese, and then soon after had Clemant (Richard's son). Richard helps raise them both, believing they're his. She also has another on the way, which might be Richard's or might be Tommy's... we'll have to wait and see.
So basically, Reese and Clement are both siblings and cousins!

Then there's Bea Pleasant, who had a child with her Step-Dad, making her son both her child and her step-brother!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#5 Old 7th May 2018 at 3:39 PM
I play Pleasantview like the soap opera that it's set up to be. At one point, Don had kids with Nina, Dina and Cassandra (and Kaylynn but she wasn't part of the tangled Caliente/Goth tree). Dina was married to Mortimer at the time, so she passed her daughter with Don off as a Goth. Cassandra was married to Don and had no idea her sister was actually her stepdaughter. Dina didn't know that her nephew was also her daughter's brother. Nina and Don were the only ones who knew the whole truth. Eventually, Mortimer accidentally ran into Nina and Don on an outing with their son, so I arranged for everyone to find out about the affairs. The fallout was glorious.
Inventor
#6 Old 7th May 2018 at 3:51 PM
I posted about this in the 'Random Thoughts' thread but I'll elaborate more about it here since it's hard to see. This is by far the most confusing family tree I ever made:

The pink box on the far right is my sim's great aunt Carol Guthrie, sister to his grandma Gladys. She married three times, two ending in divorce, and one in death. Her first husband died a year after they got married, they had no children. She then married Stephen Gold and had 5 kids (Christine [Lills], Helen, Bonnie, William, and Terrance Guthrie) with this guy before they divorced- Terrance was born after they got divorced. She then got married to Keith Knox and had two sons with him, Frank and Luke Knox, before they got divorced, so they're half-siblings to the Guthrie kids. She then had 10 grandkids (James Knox, Gavin Knox, T.J. Knox, Ashley Knox, Owen Lills, Roxy Lills, Randy Guthrie, Jacki Guthrie, Ruby Guthrie, and Abigail Guthrie) before she died. So far there's no great-grand kids because they're all still pretty young, ranging from their teens to mid 20s.

Her sister Gladys was married to Paul Timmons before they divorced, she had two sons named Marshall and Kenneth Guthrie. Kenneth died so my current sim Wesley Guthrie has no cousins. So Wesley has 7 first cousins and 10 first cousins once removed(?). Wesley had a daughter named Anna before he got married to Hadrian Leuenbach and he has 6 sons (twins Sebastian and Spencer, twins Aidan and Dylan, and Avery Guthrie-Leuenbach), so his daughter is the older half-sibling of her younger brothers.

Family relations confuse me because my family is big (bigger than this) so I may have used the terms 'first cousin' and 'great aunt' wrong. Either way it's confusing .
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th May 2018 at 4:53 PM
My family tree for the Neighbour family is kind of all over the place, mainly because it's big and involves some premades bringing along their respective family trees into the mix. Also the Pollution technician making some half-alien sims around the neighbourhood technically half-siblings. Then there are cousins Jaws and Nessie, who both were boolprop-impregnated by the same townie so their respective kids are siblings too. And Nessie's little brother's dad is Nessie's cousin. Etc. At one point I tried to lay out the entire family tree but it kind of spiralled around itself eventually.

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 7th May 2018 at 5:09 PM
A toddler without parents and it's only lineage was a random townie dog. Possibly a father? Idk. Was hilarious but the hood was corrupted... idk how it happened but it did.

It also confused me af untill I realised that it was corrupiton at work.
Instructor
#9 Old 7th May 2018 at 5:16 PM
Daniel Pleasant got caught by Mary-Sue with Kaylynn. He and Mary-Sue divorced and he married Kaylynn. They got a child. When he died Kaylynn and Angela got feelings for eachother, married and adopted a son. So Kaylynn's first child was the half-sibling of her wife.

There was the 'hood where I played a valley where no-one lived, except for two families. Those two families married only eachother. That was fine, I like small 'hoods, until the whole fourth or fifth generation started to look like eachother as if they were siblings and it got creepy, so I added some aliens to the 'hood.
Link Ninja
#10 Old 7th May 2018 at 7:00 PM
There was a guy who had three daughters all with different women and they were years and years apart (we'll call him Guitar Hero) so when the youngest was born, the eldest was expecting her first grandchild and the middle daughter was graduating college. Their dad was getting busy even his elder years.

So the confusing part about this is that Guitar Hero got together with a younger woman who eventually became the mother to his youngest daughter. This woman also had a son just a bit older that was fathered by another guy, let's call him 'Original Dad'. So Guitar Hero raised Original Dad's son like he was his own. Original Dad had a brother (Let's call him BroGuy) and BroGuy married Guitar Hero's eldest daughter and fathered Guitar's Heroes Grandchild with First daughter.

In short, Guitar Hero's son-in-law, BroGuy is the biological uncle of his third lady love's son that he raises as his own. And Original Dad is Guitar Hero's Grandson's biological uncle. Here's some math to confuse you more:

Guitar Hero + Rock Lady = First Daughter
Guitar Hero + Blonde Lady = Second Daughter
Guitar Hero + Young Lady = Third Daughter

Young Lady + Original Dad = 'Not real Son to Guitar Hero'

Original Dad and BroGuy = Brothers

First Daughter + BroGuy = Guitar Hero's Grandson

Original Dad = Biological uncle of Guitar Hero's Grandson
BroGuy = Biological uncle of 'Not real Son to Guitar Hero'

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#11 Old 7th May 2018 at 7:44 PM
Well there was this one time a vampire married his own great-grand daughter...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#12 Old 7th May 2018 at 10:36 PM
Probably my (now late) Zombie family, created for one round of the GoS Good Genes Challenges. It was quite straightforward to start with, but once I'd got to the 4th generation, I wasn't happy with what genes were being expressed. The confusion started when Maxis Sim #3 aka Nina Caliente took on a new role as baby mama to the founder's 3rd child, as well as his 1st and 2nd great-grandchildren. To this day, I'm not altogether sure what relation the great-grandchild down that line is to his first two...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Alchemist
#13 Old 7th May 2018 at 11:33 PM
most confusing shipped version family tree might be Curious/Smith; after it is corrected. Lola & Chloe should have 2 sets of half-siblings; Curious brothers & Jenny (through Glarn Curious), Johnny & Jill (through PT9).

most confusing gameplay family tree in my game (past times playing); probably the alien abductions I caused.
though did do some testing with relationships in AnyGameStarter and in temporary neighborhoods. and caused some "incest" pregnancies in AnyGameStarter with insimenator; also a number of self-pregnancies.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 7th May 2018 at 11:49 PM
When I saw this question, I said 'oh god', yes, as I most definitely have a confusing family tree and I often don't realise that two Sims just married are second cousins. It started with two separate branches from two sons of the main family who bred and interbred over generations. It was added to by one of those family members, A, having a son, B, by an "immortal" (my term for Sims that don't get played - most of them were my daughter's Sims). B was adopted by A and taken home to his wife. B grew up and met the same immortal, not knowing she was his mother. They had a son. So B's son was also his brother. This was many generations ago. Then, to make matters worse, another son of the family had a child by the wife of a cousin. That family's tree is the most confusing of all and I think pretty much every Sim in that neighbourhood is related.