Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 17th May 2018 at 9:23 PM
about changing source code; EA/Maxis might be more willing to do it for Ultimate Collection than for the disc versions. though am not entirely sure.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 18th May 2018 at 12:12 AM
They stopped support fot the game long time ago. Nothing will be updated, nothing changed. UC was the last time they did anything with Sims 2.

And about reverse engeneering. Sims 2 is a complex game, I'm not sure how much would it take to reverse engeneer it's code. Probably 2 times more than it took people to code it. Which is around 10 years then.
Scholar
#28 Old 18th May 2018 at 12:40 AM
I have an object that activates the power outage scenario. It's pretty funny.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#29 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:08 AM Last edited by Chris Hatch : 18th May 2018 at 10:09 AM.
For the power outage it is quite surprising just how much built in support there is for the scenario, and how much your sims can't do without power. Weirdly though small radios that should have batteries stop functioning and gas stoves don't work. Lights don't work, that's no problem for sims as they walk (or route) around just as badly in the dark as the do in the light but it is quite ordinary playing the lot in the dark. The problem is there's nothing to gain by winning, just a message saying you won and winning is too easy just start when your sims motives are a bit low.

Re-compiling or using a hex editor to alter the game's executable is a bit moot, it is unlikely anyone could ever legally share such changes. Origin must either have access to the source code or have access to a body that does or the updates, particularly to suckrom wouldn't have been do-able.

I do have a mod that removes the cc button.
It fixes the background on the expanded specialty lot bin and removes the disabled delete button from the specialty lot bin.
It adds a Mansion and Garden suburbs button to the neighbourhood overhead.
I realize adding more controls is the opposite to what the original poster wants (But I do want more) but it does contain the required UIdata for removing them making the search easy.
If you do have OFB (which UC users do) then the mod is perhaps a bit pointless, adding nothing to game play.
The Mansion and Garden suburbs are the same as OFB's shopping districts except they are affiliated to M&G not OFB, so they don't show up in the shopping district chooser and OFB is not required.
CJH_M&G-Suburbs.zip (382kb)
Page 2 of 2