Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2018 at 11:49 PM
Default University Professor Question
From my understanding, with a clean game, it will generate two professors per major. Thankfully, with Cyjon's "There Can Only Be One (Professor)", that number is cut in half.

The first question is, will the game generate ALL the professor at once when you first load a Uni neighboorhood or will they only generate professor per major only when your sim a major?

I'm creating a clean neighborhood and is trying to keep my folder from being bloated from unnecessary sims. I have all the essentials mods for townie, dormie, stray, etc regenerations to help me keep a clean game so far. I also create my own custom townies to help keep those numbers down.

The other question is if the game generates ALL the professor for all the available majors at the beginning of loading the university, is there a mod out there that prevents that and allow the game to generate one ONLY when your sim declare that major?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th May 2018 at 12:21 AM
They generate as the sims take classes. Also, this is the perfect question to post to the random silly question thread found here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=574020

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#3 Old 15th May 2018 at 12:49 AM
So does every single sim that goes to college meet a set of new different proffessors that are generated each time or does a set generate per each major?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2018 at 12:50 AM
A set per major.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th May 2018 at 12:58 AM
No they don't Jo, they get added the first time you add a university, along with 50 students. If you add a second (or third) university, you just get another set of students. The professors remain the same for all time though Charmful. I'm not sure what Cyjon's mod does - guess you'd have to read the thread.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2018 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They generate as the sims take classes. Also, this is the perfect question to post to the random silly question thread found here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=574020

oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize there's a thread for this. LOL.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th May 2018 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
No they don't Jo, they get added the first time you add a university, along with 50 students. If you add a second (or third) university, you just get another set of students. The professors remain the same for all time though Charmful. I'm not sure what Cyjon's mod does - guess you'd have to read the thread.

I don't use the Maxis uni though so maybe I have forgotten. I only have 8 dormies total. I never saw any signs of lots of professors until later. The way the game lagged it seemed as though they were being made.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 15th May 2018 at 2:28 AM
Can't you use Pescado Mod "Anti Redandancy for NPC which should cut back on the professors amount,also his No dormieregen I think will cut back or the students.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th May 2018 at 6:14 AM
If you're starting with an empty neighborhood, and have the all the applicable spawn-suppression mods in, I think Jo is correct about them generating as needed.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th May 2018 at 7:18 AM
I use Brainania by Mootilda and yes it comes empty. I read that the OP had a clean Uni and assumed that meant empty, but of course it might not be.

~Call me Jo~