Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2018 at 9:15 AM
Sims 2 Gameplay
I recently started playing TS2 again, after TS4 because of boredom, and I find it way more interesting than TS4, but I just wonder, how do you guys play and what interesting challenges should I try, that you tried and enjoyed.
JJ :lovestruc
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th May 2018 at 9:59 AM
Well I play an integrated hood. That is where playable sims hold most jobs, run most services. They run the town and you don't rely on rabbit hole jobs or services of NPCs. If you are basically a new player you might not want that level of play though.

I enjoyed the asylum challenge and the legacy challenge some years ago. Those are good ones to teach you how to really play.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2018 at 10:40 AM
I reckon there are as many ways of playing as there are TS2 players. Personally I turn aging off and fall in love with my Sims. :lovestruc

TS2 Sims are just so human-like that it's easy to come to really care about them. I spend my time helping them enjoy their lives in a world that I've made just a little bit better than our own.

I've never done any of the challenges here because most of them involve some risk to my Sims' lives, and I just love my Sims too much for that. Besides, I enjoy my game the way I play it, and so do my Sims, so why would we change?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2018 at 11:41 AM
There are so many ways to play the game that your question does not have a simple answer There are plenty of challenges on here that you can look at it if that is what you want.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2018 at 1:59 PM
I do think your question is interesting and most of us have talked about the ways we play. There isn't just one thread for that, though. Read through some of the most popular threads and you'll find a lot about us.

As for me, I currently have three hoods going. My main love is my communist hood, Elsewhere. Every aspect of life is strictly controlled by a dictatorial Council. I also have a handmaid hood, Downton. And my happy spacship mega hood, Veronaville.

The great thing about this game is that it's always your own. You play by your rules. There is no right or wrong way to do it.

So, browse the threads and see what everyone has come up with. For the most part we are perfectly delighted to talk about our pixels.

A good place to start is the What's-Happening-in-Your-Game-Right-now thread. There are quite a few more and I won't list them all. But that one will give you an idea of how people play.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th May 2018 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Josipa Jurcevic
I recently started playing TS2 again, after TS4 because of boredom, and I find it way more interesting than TS4, but I just wonder, how do you guys play and what interesting challenges should I try, that you tried and enjoyed.
JJ :lovestruc

I don't know how long you been gone but all my Beginning Hoods have challenges if you really looking for some long term ones.
Here is the link to "The Beginning of Pleasantview". http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=521653

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#7 Old 7th May 2018 at 7:37 PM
I can only second @marka93 's suggestion!

His beginning hoods are marvellous and I've been having a lot of fun with the Beginning of Pleasantview/Bluewater Village hoods
Been playing since last October and currently Cassandra Goth just grew up into a child.

I like generational gameplay a lot and love to construct huge, long and branching family trees and for that the beginning hoods are pretty much perfect. I'm currently hoping to one day get my current game to the 10th generation (Cassandra is Gen 4; Victor->Gunter->Mortimer->Cassandra)

In hoods I like to do little drama stories that keep the gameplay interesting (I find it boring when my Sims have "perfect" lives where nothing even remotely negative ever happens). In this current hood I had a family dabbling in organized crime until they were defeated by the world's first superhero and next there will be a small wizards' war between Michael Bachelor's sons. I also have random chance scenarios that provide me with problems to solve.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2018 at 9:15 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 8th May 2018 at 8:52 AM.
So someone has found cause to Disagree with 3 of the 6 replies there have been so far to this thread. smorbie, Jo and I have all said quite different things, but someone disagrees with all of us. What's more, we've made various comments within our posts. Exactly which of our views do you disagree with? Well, the first thing I said was that we all play differently. Do you mean you believe that all Sims 2 players play in exactly the same way? I don't think you'll find that many agree with that idea!

So please! Could you please just post in the thread and tell us exactly what you're disagreeing with.

Please!

[EDIT] Pretty Please!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th May 2018 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
So someone has found cause to Disagree with 3 of the 6 replies there have been so far to this thread. smorbie, Jo and I have all said quite different things, but someone disagrees with all of us. What's more, we've made various comments within our posts. Exactly which of our views do you disagree with? Well, the first thing I said was that we al play differently. Do you mean you believe that all Sims 2 players play in exactly the same way? I don't think you'll find that many agree with that idea!

So please! Could you please just post in the thread and tell us exactly what you're disagreeing with.

Please!

Don't feed the trolls.
Instructor
#10 Old 8th May 2018 at 9:40 AM
When I went back to it I decided to play as premades and have this insane storyline going on right now. I'm currently playing in Strangetown. In a way I kind of let my sims take the wheel and lead me to what they really want to do. I still add my own twists every now and then, but I don't really need to because the gameplay is just excellent in itself. The sims actually do things based on their personality. But that's just me. PP's have given you such great ideas also. There is just so much you can do with the sims in this game.