Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 2:22 AM
Default Is this a Normal Game behavior ?
Hello members, I had a large family many, years ago so I really don't remember how the line up was, anyway I am in the Pleasant househould in Pleasantview , yes I still play that hood sometime (lol )
As you all know in that Pleasant household the game already added four Sims in their home, I later found out that the Oldies that was in the house bin is Mary Sue parents, they adopted her.

Therefore I want to keep all family members together so I added the oldies to the Pleasant household, which bring the family to six Sims. Mary Sue just had a baby boy today ( I name him after his father Daniel the baby name is Danny)
Here my question I notice today on the left had side of the game screen while in the household just above the "Live Mode" where all of the family faces are all line up from bottom to top I know that is normal.

But since the infant was born today this bring the family to "Seven" members one of family who is one of the Oldie name Coral is out of sync she is not line up with the other family instead her face is now just above the weather icon Is this a Normal Line Up for a larger family ? Just wanted to know since it's been years since I had a larger family in my game,other than that when I direct her all is fine.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2018 at 2:24 AM
Yes that is normal to have some over to the side.

Depends on your screen res and for me I have something like 1280x1024 and here is a pic.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th May 2018 at 2:45 AM
That is exactly how my game handles it too, it makes a second line. You should see my school lot during school hours.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2018 at 3:13 AM
@marka93 Wow ! OMG you have fourteen family members, gee I would go crazy trying to keep up with everyone, I wonder if you are using creator Neder Mod for "Variable Meat Serving" here at MTS.
Yes from your screen picture that is the way it is line up in my game. ( Thank you so much )

@joandsarah77 I can only imagine just how your school lot look during school hours OMG ! how do you keep up with everyone there. Are you using Creator Inge school mod?

Thank you both so much, I will not get any idea in my head for a larger family the Pleasant are it, and never will it happen in my custom hood.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th May 2018 at 3:40 AM
Yes, it's Inge's school mod. It's a residential lot so the two teachers who live there, a third teacher who comes in with the kids and anywhere from 6-14 kids. I decided early on to move teenagers to another school because there would have been 20 if I had kept them all together!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2018 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@marka93 Wow ! OMG you have fourteen family members, gee I would go crazy trying to keep up with everyone, I wonder if you are using creator Neder Mod for "Variable Meat Serving" here at MTS.
Yes from your screen picture that is the way it is line up in my game. ( Thank you so much )

@joandsarah77 I can only imagine just how your school lot look during school hours OMG ! how do you keep up with everyone there. Are you using Creator Inge school mod?

Thank you both so much, I will not get any idea in my head for a larger family the Pleasant are it, and never will it happen in my custom hood.

Nope, no mod I have 2-4 family members cooking when the need is there and 1 I have cook several meals at a time and put them in the icebox.
When you have that many in a household several are at home with nothing to do so I have them cook meals and put them away for later use.

After several weeks of play I went in and looked at the leftovers and had 27 trays of food in there and did not have to cook again for almost a full week, LOL

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th May 2018 at 10:56 AM
I once had 30-40 sims on a lot. I think the game made extra lines for them, but I can't remember how many I had at that time... I have several lots with story extras in them, and most have 20+ sims in them.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:34 AM
@simmer22 lol If I had those many Sims like you have 20+ I would go batty crazy I have a hard time keeping up with 7 Sims. That is why the Sims is so fun you can create your own Sims world and share the story with other.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:22 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th May 2018 at 1:47 AM.
I have empty lots with a bunch of sims, and teleport them in as needed for story lots. I don't manage them as much as I do Maxmotives to keep them happy, buy them a lot of clothes, and mostly forget about them until I need them on another lot. I usually have anything from 10-20+ sims on lots while doing storytelling, but since I don't do any legacy play they're kept happy and non-intrusive with Maxmotives and free will off.

Though, back when I played with families the couples had plenty of kids, and the families could reach sizes of 10+ sims. I'd often have twins/triplets/quadruples races to see who'd finish potty-training/walking/talking first, and the families usually ended up with at least 8 kids, possibly more if their older ones were sent off to Uni...