Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#176 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Well he might not lose his audience if he keeps putting out stuff like this. New mod that lets you go to work with your sims! http://www.backalleysims.com/adults...trol-Go-To-Work

It's like he's channeling TS3 just a little bit here - nice that this can be an option for those that liked that feature in TS3.

Thanks for keeping this thread up, Charity.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 5:29 PM
Oh, ok-I gave into the worst impulses..and got everything he had linked to.

I also realized one thing that I think should be mentioned:

Because TwoJeff's visitor controller does not work with Community lot time, it's a pretty sure bet that any controller with it in the package will not work. I just realized that's why his previous work, "visit other sims" does not work-it's a override...which makes the question of whether or not one wants to use the VC or Chris's work in game. They won't be compatible...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#178 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Oh, ok-I gave into the worst impulses..and got everything he had linked to.

I also realized one thing that I think should be mentioned:

Because TwoJeff's visitor controller does not work with Community lot time, it's a pretty sure bet that any controller with it in the package will not work. I just realized that's why his previous work, "visit other sims" does not work-it's a override...which makes the question of whether or not one wants to use the VC or Chris's work in game. They won't be compatible...

I was thinking the new "Globe " thing is meant to fix such matters. It's has it's own version of "visit other sims, a new version of the hospital to work with the visitor controller, and Cboys Community time is now supported. i never knew that VC and community time didn't work well together, that will change things for me. i'm currently re-installing and trying to work out what goes in and what stays out.
Instructor
#179 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:26 PM
Diovanlestat
You can keep both! The Visitor Controller and the Community Time are able to work together. Maybe it has to do with loading order, in my game the Community Time loads after the Visitor Controller.
Mad Poster
#180 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 8:20 PM
Theorist
#181 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
Diovanlestat
You can keep both! The Visitor Controller and the Community Time are able to work together. Maybe it has to do with loading order, in my game the Community Time loads after the Visitor Controller.

Funny how everyone's game is finicky in different ways - in my game Community Time loads before Visitor Controller, and I have never had an issue with either not working properly. They are actually two of my favorite mods.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#182 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:45 PM
Gummi would know more, but I don't see why the VC would clash with community Lot Time at all. I have both, both are working in my game. What CLT has huge issues with is CH Slow Time Mod and I would guess Visit other Sims as well, I've never been game to try that. Those two I can imagine would clash wildly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#183 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 12:09 AM
Thanks Tychoh and everyone.. I'll keep both in.
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 12:51 AM
I just revisited this thread and apparently it's filled with new goodies? I'm shooketh! BAS is an annoying website though.
Mad Poster
#185 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 2:05 AM
I must admit that there's a lot of new stuff in Chris's section and I have to reread more carefully to figure out how to do things-I had to copy & paste the text from his posts for later perusal.. So much stuff, so little time!

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#186 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Gummi would know more, but I don't see why the VC would clash with community Lot Time at all. I have both, both are working in my game. What CLT has huge issues with is CH Slow Time Mod and I would guess Visit other Sims as well, I've never been game to try that. Those two I can imagine would clash wildly.

Not with Chris' new version of CLT. He specifically says that it doesn't clash.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#187 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 3:24 AM
@Justpetro You should be able to log in now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#188 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 3:47 AM
Is CLT shorthand for his slow time mod?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#189 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:04 AM
CLT = Community Lot Time, I believe.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#190 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:35 AM
Chris has made his own version of Community Lot Time?

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#191 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:40 AM
Here are Chris' notes for Community Time and Time Controller. Maybe, this will clear things up a bit.

Wait on Community Return
CJH_CommTime(Pets+).zip, is based on the work by CBoy. Since Wait on Community Return is incompatible with the Global Overrides they include support for it. This will add a line into the above Globe Sculpture which will then have an option to switch it off/on as required.

Wait on Community Return will cause sims to be held off world when returning home from an outing until the time they were away has passed. It is disabled at University and Holiday neighbourhoods and on leaving a hospital or another sim's home.
When enabled a 'time stamp' is taken, placed into a token when you choose to 'Go Home'. It makes no difference what vehicle your sim goes home in; taxi, own car, bus or walk home (which uses an invisible car), the time stamp is only taken when 'Go Home' is chosen. On arrival home the difference in time between the time stamp and the current time is how long your sims must wait.
The time held off world is capped to a maximum of two days (I think that'd be quite boring enough). Once per hour it checks the following conditions and returns your sims if true; Wait on Community Time is switched off, this enables a manual return. A wedding arch is in use. A pregnancy has had a threatened miscarriage, is within four hours of giving birth or a maternity hospital has been called. Any pregnant sims held off world will have her pregnancy automatically paused until return, all sims held off world have their motives held static.

Time Controller (BV min required)
CJH_TimeControllerV2.zip, is based on Merola's time control clock. This is an update to THIS, this version doesn't use the alarm clock or have the same 10% speed steps. Instead it sets the game speed to 50% and is either fully off or fully on as set by the Globe. When it's off it has no effect on the game whatsoever so you can have it on in some 'hoods and off in others.
Setting time to half speed slows the game's clock to half speed so your sims get twice as much time to do stuff. A lot of things change when that setting is chosen like sim's motives drop at half rate when at work or school so they can endure the day. A lot of those things are only applied to sims at the beginning so changing the time speed could take a day for everything to normalize, it shouldn't be changed dynamically. The setting is global so no matter where your sims go or what family you play time will remain half speed until you choose normal time.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#192 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:55 AM
Something to think about, although the 2 day cap would not be what I want since I have sometimes sent mine away as long as 3 days. Not sure what he means by boring. Having other family members cope while some are away is not boring. Thanks for posting. I did take a quick look at the globe the other day but probably didn't read far enough.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#193 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:39 AM
I have also had community time and the visitor controller working together for a long time, no issues! I don't think I want the mod to check for things like birth and miscarriages - it's my fault if I send pregnant women out for too long and don't take care of them, so I like that aspect of challenge. I'll stick with CBoy's version I think

I used Chris's time clock mod before but I didn't like that they would get a "full night's sleep" in four hours and be awake, nor that they would become tired and want a nap halfway through the day. Now, if that could be modded so that energy losses/gains across the board were halved, so that it fit in with the slower time, I might try it again but it was too big of a barrier for me otherwise. Actually, I don't remember it causing issues with community time either, but I could be misremembering. The thing I've found which messes up community time is using the sethour/setday cheat or the same functions on the lotsynctimer. Sometimes this seems to cause the current lot to have some kind of internal/invisible timer set incorrectly and so it will report that the sims have been gone for hundreds of hours which is clearly wrong. In that case, though, which happens rarely, I just make sure that testingcheats are off and use batbox > force errors on off-world. Brings them back immediately with full motives. Will also boot home any sims who are at work/school, but it's an emergency measure, so it doesn't matter.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#194 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 12:33 PM
Well after I installed the slow time mod I played two lots and both got borked. Sims wouldn't age, motives hardly moved and they doubled the time away, so instead f being back in 6 hours it took 12. Maybe there was another mod in play as well, but it seemed pretty clear it was the action of those two. I removed slow time and no other lots were affected, but those two lots stayed borked.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#195 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 5:21 PM
I don't know if Chris did any improvement to CLT, because the original only was compatible with Seasons, but updated for FT. After that, everyone was on their own. Reading the original thread might shed some light on various problems one might have with the hack:

Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/0.6 FT TEST ONLY

Because the problems with getting pixels stuck on lots was pretty prevalent even with the update, I probably won't be using this, because I have the original slow time mod (which works perfectly) and I'd rather not risk borking an old established neighborhood for it.

I just wish someone would take the original and revamp it completely-Chris might have done his bit for it, but the original is still there. BV is still a problem for it, I do believe..

Mad Poster
#196 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
@Justpetro You should be able to log in now.

Yes, I am, thank you again!
Forum Resident
#197 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 8:24 AM Last edited by SIMelissa : 16th Oct 2017 at 9:06 PM.
Just an FYI, I thought I'd start with some of the downloads from Chris' Globe mod, mostly because I was interested in my Sims being able to walk to another Sim's lot without the entire family tagging along. Unfortunately, the main global mod in that section would not allow my lots to load. The game loaded, but when I tried to enter a lot none of them would open.

I tried using only the the Community Time mod. I was able to get into the lot with that one but there was a hiccup and my Sims went missing. I had expected this to happen for an hour or so, but they stayed missing long after they should have been back home.

I have no clue what current mods in my game conflict with his new stuff. Chris did say the global mod had a lot to it and would conflict with many things (including InTeen, which I don't use). I think Chris is brilliant and has some awesome ideas, so I might plan my next game around his mods. I'll drop those in the game first then over time slowly add in some of the other mods to see what happens.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#198 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 3:53 AM
Use HCDU. That will tell you if anything conflicts.
Mad Poster
#199 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 7:00 AM
I use Community Time with UC and don't have any issues. It doesn't do anything for vacations IIRC, so not sure why it would conflict with BV. It's very rare that my pixels get stuck off lot, and usually as mentioned on lots when I've messed with the time. Even when they do, batbox sorts it immediately.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#200 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:01 AM
According to HCDU, Chris' global mod (in The Globe) conflicts with Two Jeff's Visitor Controller and Almighty Hat's G-rated version of Chris' religion mod, the latter is what kept the lots from loading. When I removed it, things worked fine. I even added back in the Visitor Controller and, so far, all is OK. The new Walk to Sim mod is different. I love how I can have ONE Sim walk to a friends house without dragging along the entire household. Yay! It is odd that I can't walk home, though. I have to make a side stop at a community lot before I get the walk Home option.

I'm going to give the Community Time mod another try tomorrow and see if I can get that to work, too.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Page 8 of 12