Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#6176 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
I saw that thread - most of the comments are basically just bashing the OP, some of them urging OP to get professional help. LOL

Oh i know... I found it hilarious.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#6177 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:41 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6178 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 1:19 AM
This is why we can’thave nice things. People get waaaaay too attached to these pixels and start treating them like they’re real beings. They aren’t.

While I personally wouldn’t mind treating a people at the risk of having the pet die, TS4 is obviously too G rated for that. Everything is happy and peaceful. Green drool and flies? What a travesty...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#6179 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
This is why we can’thave nice things. People get waaaaay too attached to these pixels and start treating them like they’re real beings. They aren’t.

While I personally wouldn’t mind treating a people at the risk of having the pet die, TS4 is obviously too G rated for that. Everything is happy and peaceful. Green drool and flies? What a travesty...

I'm wondering whether these people would bury their tamagotchi and gives it a funeral. XD
Top Secret Researcher
#6180 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:00 AM
So ridiculous. Reals life will be unmanageable for this person if they get this upset over fake cartoony pets with fake diseases. Tom and Jerry must be like the Saw movies for them. Never even mind having real pets.
Scholar
#6181 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:06 AM
The thing is, the game has no meaning if there are no stakes involved in taking care of your sims. I want to work for happy sims, not boringly getting it without trying. It's so ridiculous that they can't have the tiniest amount of pain in the game, like fears, wants, and true failure. The sims would feel more real if they were more flawed. The stupid rainbows can suck it. At least unless you work to get them.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Theorist
#6182 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Oh i know... I found it hilarious.

Yeah there's people who take this whole "Sims" thing waaaaaaaaay too seriously.
Top Secret Researcher
#6183 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:34 AM
It's quite amusing following that pointless discussion.
There they debate how serious it is to have pets get sick, meanwhile sims die a long horrible death by fire and from what I know, this is probably the most horrific death you can have IRL.
Are there any threads about not having that anymore so no one has to cry over it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6184 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:53 AM
Of course not.

Test Subject
#6185 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
The thing is, the game has no meaning if there are no stakes involved in taking care of your sims. I want to work for happy sims, not boringly getting it without trying. It's so ridiculous that they can't have the tiniest amount of pain in the game, like fears, wants, and true failure. The sims would feel more real if they were more flawed. The stupid rainbows can suck it. At least unless you work to get them.

Exactly. One time when I was playing Sims 2, I made one dude cheat on his girlfriend to get another one because she had higher chemistry. After they graduated his ex came to his house every morning while she was angry and stole the newspapers or kicked our trash can around. I had to buy my Sims a computer because they couldn't find a job any other way It was a very small thing, but I'd love to have situations like that in a Sims game again. Events like this made your actions feel like they really mattered.
Forum Resident
#6186 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:18 AM
It is the same way when sims fart or belch other sims used too notice and react.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6187 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 11:47 AM
But sunshine and rainbows!

Mad Poster
#6188 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 2:53 PM
That person should have known better, that a highly advertised feature such as illness, of course, would have let the gameplay's to a somewhat gruesome direction eventually. At the same, I don't get the people who think they find it wrong or weird to feel emotional over a creative medium. While yes it is a game, I wouldn't say it's any different from as crying when watching a sad movie.
Theorist
#6189 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:59 PM
How is this person being upset any different from Grant freaking out over dog houses? Speaking of Grant, in that same stream, he kept talking about how they didn't want to show sad things.

If pets were controllable, the player in question could have called the pet back. Instead, the game locks up the UI because you must play the way EA wants you to, not the way you want to.
Scholar
#6190 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
That person should have known better, that a highly advertised feature such as illness, of course, would have let the gameplay's to a somewhat gruesome direction eventually. At the same, I don't get the people who think they find it wrong or weird to feel emotional over a creative medium. While yes it is a game, I wouldn't say it's any different from as crying when watching a sad movie.

I don't think them being emotional was the problem, I think the problem was that they demanded that EA removed the sickness. Ofcourse people went ballistic.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6191 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 4:05 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 23rd Nov 2017 at 4:16 PM.
It’s the context here.

I’ve cried during a film before, but it was during a feeling that was concrete and tangible. It’s was in relation to loss and longing for what is no longer there. The context is there. You can easily understand why I cried: I could empathize with the character’s feelings.

Compare this to a sick pet. If they’re sad over then per being sick, that’s understandable. The reasoning and context as concrete. However, the end user is adding context to the situation that does not exist. The end user is letting their imagination run wild, which is causing them to be hysterical. They player could easily give their pet a treat and they’d be fine, but instead got over emotional over a simple problem.

CONTEXT matters.

Theorist
#6192 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 4:10 PM
It’s the context here.

I’ve cried during a film before, but it was during a feeling that was concrete and tangible. It’s wansin relation to loss and longing for what is no longer there. The context is there. You can easily understand why I cried: I could empathize with the characters friend.

Compare this to a sick pet. If they’re sad over then per being sick, that’s understandable. The reasoning and content as concrete. However, the end user is adding context to the situation that does not exist. The end user is letting their imagination run wild, which is causing them to be hysterical. They player could easily give their pet a treat and they’d be fine, but instead got over emotional over a simple problem.

CONTEXT matters.

Again, if Grant and the minions showed all the 'sad things' in during their live stream, perhaps the player would have known that giving a treat was a way to fix the problem. Instead, such subjects were completely avoided.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6193 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 4:17 PM
Common sense would tell the player EA wouldn’t let a let die of anything but old age. I’m surprised they even allow that.

Theorist
#6194 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 4:25 PM
Common sense would tell the player EA wouldn’t let a let die of anything but old age. I’m surprised they even allow that.

Okay, but for a game where sims laugh when another sim dies, I don't see much common sense with anything that comes with TS4. I'm not one of those that will make excuses or try to rationalize the bizarre 'logic'.

I find it interesting that people are freaking out over a reaction with the same amount of over-reaction. Do as I say, not as I do.
Lab Assistant
#6195 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 5:32 PM
well that thread.. sure was a thing. maybe the OP reacted the way they did because they're roleplaing the toddler in their avatar? they do use first person when talking about it all

(✿ ❛ ▿ ❛)୨
Mad Poster
#6196 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rasubelly
Exactly. One time when I was playing Sims 2, I made one dude cheat on his girlfriend to get another one because she had higher chemistry. After they graduated his ex came to his house every morning while she was angry and stole the newspapers or kicked our trash can around. I had to buy my Sims a computer because they couldn't find a job any other way It was a very small thing, but I'd love to have situations like that in a Sims game again. Events like this made your actions feel like they really mattered.

Oh my God! That's one of the best parts of TS2. Enemies stealing newspapers and knocking over garbage cans. Loved ones leaving flowers on your doorstep. Meanwhile, in this game, I have to make my Sims act hostile to people they don't like. They see an enemy out at a community lot and the first thing they do is start up a friendly conversation. No, you idiots! I want you guys to hate each other!

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6197 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:00 PM
Oh, that natural TS2 drama. It almost wrote itself sometimes. Sims fighting one another on sight? More of that please.

Field Researcher
#6198 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:03 PM
I've got a mail carrier in TS3 that throws my sims mail on the ground and get's all pissed off cause he can't get into my back yard to swim in the pool. Just Cracks me up!! That dude just kicks and swears, throws the mail on the ground and runs away. I love quirky shit like that. And if your sims doesn't like someone in TS3...then they don't like them, they don't try to make nice conversation... usually an argument.

Didn't TS2 have a segment where one sim could slap the shit out of another because they didn't like them? I know I saw that in one of the sims games.
Mad Poster
#6199 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:17 PM
Drops it on the ground? Interesting. In TS2, I had built a swimming pool moat around a house. The Paperboy just took a dive, swam to the island, and drop it next to the door, then swam back to the where he came from and left the lot with only trunks on.
Theorist
#6200 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel

Didn't TS2 have a segment where one sim could slap the shit out of another because they didn't like them? I know I saw that in one of the sims games.

You mean the Sims in Sims 3 & 4 don't slap or beat each other up if they are enemies?

Though even in Sims 2 it's actually hard work from the side of the player to get two Sims to hate and assault each other.
Locked thread
Page 248 of 447