Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 2:44 AM Last edited by Primavera : 18th Sep 2019 at 8:58 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Default Can't Use Mouse Wheel or Z & X Buttons
Hello! I just got the sims 3 installed on my desktop (Sims 3 Starter Pack) and I'm slowly getting used to how things work. It loads beautifully with no lag but I did have to adjust the screen ratio and fps because I kept getting this little screen tear, like you would see on a old TV, and the sims themselves in CAS looked a little glitchy, it's the best I can describe it. I'm adjusting the graphics off and on but I ran into a problem. I can't use my mouse wheel or the Z & X buttons to zoom in or out in the neighborhood like I would in the sims 2. I can rotate the camera with the wheel fine but I can't seem to do anything else. I haven't actually started playing yet, I've been turning off things that would create lag and testing to see if my desktop can handle high graphics but this is particularly concerning.

I've attached my dxdiag for those to read:

EDIT: I just got into the game and my mouse wheel and hotkeys work, just not in neighborhood view or map view. Is this normal or is there a mod to fix the camera?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It's normal.

Ah, just something I gotta get used to then. Thank you!

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Yah in map view just go to the area you want to zoom in and click the mouse button with the zoom cursor, then once zoomed in you can do whatever you want with the camera.

In edit town mode, go to "world editor," the button next to the bulldozer. Then you can zoom in, but you can't click lots etc... until you exit world editor and back to edit town.

That's what I've been doing as I played tonight, but the muscle memory of using the mouse wheel to tilt from sims 2 runs deep . I'll be sure to write this down to memorize the more I play

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads