Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 7:08 PM
Default Meet the Creator - TheJim07 - August 2019

We're back after a quick staff recruiting and training break and we're more than happy to bring you the very talented TheJim07! Jim is a prolific content creator whose creations span across TS2, 3 and 4! He is known for his high quality period furniture and cross-game conversions, as well as build content and can always be relied on to provide high quality

1. When did you start playing The Sims Series and what attracted you to it?
I started playing The Sims game in 2001 or 2002 I think. So I was 13~14 years old.
I remember that was difficult to, at the beginning, to keep my Sims alive or in good mood ! Cooking without skill was… fatal.~

2. What is your favourite installment of the Sims series?
I think this is The Sims 3 World Adventures. I loved to travel to Egypt or China to explore tombs and find precious relics ! I liked riddles to solve, keys to find, interrupters to activate...
I would love EA make an Expansion Pack like that. So Jungle Adventure was very frustrating and disappointing for me :/.

3. If you could only have one expansion/stuff pack from any of the series and it would work with your preferred instalment (1,2,3 etc), what would it be?
Same answer that previous.

4. When did you start creating for the game and what made you decide to become a creator?
started here. That was for The Sims 2 game. That was in 2009 (ten years ago ! Really ?).
I was fascinated by custom content creators. I wanted to create custom content too. I wanted to learn and understand how it worked. The way of knowledge is long... and is never ending !

5. What is your favourite thing about being a creator?
Being a creator offers many possibilities. It pushes game limits. I can recolor what I want in the game, I can convert objects from past Sims games, or create something new if I'm very courageous ^^'. This is what I like most. Have these possibilities.

6. What was your first creation? Photos welcome!
My very first "creation" was a custom mirror. I took a TS2 painting mesh and make a mirror with it. Unfortunately it was not accepted on the site (blurry texture - well that was EA texture ^^').
Later I made a custom asian fence. It is still on MTS ^^.

7. What creation are you most proud of?
There are several items that was difficult for me to create but I'm proud of having succeeded to make them . I think about Versailles canopy beds, consoles, girandole...

8. What is your most/least favourite thing to create?
I love make new paintings, specially portraits. I love fine arts.
The least thing to create ? Recolor comfort TS4 objects (chairs, sofa, loveseats). For each wood color I have to associate a fabric color. If I want 4 wood colors and 10 fabric colors I have to make 40 swatches... This is very painful and repetitive u_u.

9. Are you influenced by any other creators (for The Sims or elsewhere)?
I don't think I am influenced by other creators but I know I was/am by other games : The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy X, Assassin's Creed games...
I am influenced by real world too : monuments, fine arts...

10. Who is your favourite Sims creator(s)?
I don't have favourite creator. I download what I find interesting regardless the creator.

11. What piece of CC would you recommend to anyone reading this (yours or otherwise)?
I prefer to say something like "take a look and choose what you want !".

12. What tips do you have for up and coming creators?
You have to get started, make mistakes, be patient, and read a lot a tutorials !

Quick fire:

1. Midcentury or Victorian?
Victorian

2. Building or Decorating?
Decorating

3. Lavish (decor) or Understated?
Lavish

4. Playing (the game) or Creating (for the game)?
Creating

5. Windenburg or Brindleton Bay?
Windenburg

Thank you so much for taking part and for providing us with so many amazing pieces of CC over the years You can check out TheJim07's MTS page here!
6 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 7:29 PM
I think you have made some great looking paintings and other deco items for Sims 2,3, and 4.
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 8:33 PM
Wow that’s a great read! Your stuff really is amazing! I have plenty of it in my game myself! ^^ keep up the fabulous work!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 7:01 AM
I've always admired your period creations and have some of them in my game. Nice to meet you, and thank you for sharing your creations!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 3:21 PM
You’re one of my favourite creators, I get excited when I see you bring new creations out. I love having Ts2 and Ts3 content back in my game. Thanks to you for making this possible!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 3:47 PM
As a Sims 2 player, I still use all your sims 2 creations. Thank you for making them!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 7:07 PM
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 7:13 PM
Thank you for all these messages :D. I'm very glad you like my work.
I want to thank the MTS Staff too for this "Meet the Creator!" and all these compliments !
Theorist
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 1:05 AM
Was nice to read this interview. Many thanks

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 6:51 PM
Very interesting interview, as always. Glad to learn a bit on one on my favorite creators.

And by the way, World adventure is also my favorite expansion pack of all Sims, and exactly for the same reasons...
Scholar
#11 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 9:03 PM
just saw a post on tumblr about your interview @TheJim07! I still use your content in my TS2 game! Thank you for all your hard work over the years

"If it's in you, it's got to come out."
Simblr
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 10:39 PM
Thank you for your creations!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 5:13 PM
Love your work! When you mention you are inspired by Assassin's Creed games, all the painting and furniture CCs suddenly make sense :D
Instructor
#14 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 4:20 AM
Your content is fantastic, and has been a great addition to my games for years. Wonderful to see this interview.
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 1:58 PM
You have some of the best taste, and some of the most beautiful items because of it. Definitely a fan.