Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 3:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TV not working properly
I have about 10 AVI's that I use on my Sims 2 TV's. They work fine on three other computers and worked on this computer for awhile but now I only get the TV programs that come with the game. Chris, if you see this, it may have happened when I installed the 2019 version of TA but not sure. This has happened to me before but I sure don't remember how I fixed it. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. And like I said its not the AVI's, in fact, I'm convinced you could play any AVI on your Sims TV as long as the AVI itself wasn't corrupt. Thought it might be that the Broadcast.ini was not identical to Users\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Movies\Broadcast\ but just checked another installation and it isn't identical but it works fine.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 3:05 AM
PS: Some of the movies come up with an opening screen, but that is it, just a still picture.
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 2:49 PM
Do you have sound enabled? Most .avi movies wont play properly or even not at all if you start the game from a shortcut with the -nosound switch.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 7:36 PM
Default TV Problems
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Do you have sound enabled? Most .avi movies wont play properly or even not at all if you start the game from a shortcut with the -nosound switch.

It's hell to get old....that was my problem on another computer ..... I can't get sound on this computer but have speakers and drivers etc but no sound... But worked on it and got the computer to think everything is OK and now the TV works fine...still no sound thou, but that's ok for the time being...
thanks again Chris...