Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 11:58 PM
So confused...
I get this error every time I try to extract my new mesh and I'm not sure how to fix it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:29 AM
Default Rig folder in MTS_cmomoney_1278180_io_TS3_geom.zip
where do I put the rigs folder in the zip file.
I also keep getting an error message when I try to load a mesh using blender import add-on sim3 geom. I am new to meshing I need alittle help please.
Test Subject
#128 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:29 AM
Hi there! I followed all instructions to the letter and I get this error:

Can someone please explain what I did wrong? Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 5:16 AM
Problem with new add-on?
Hi I just want to know on what blender version does this new verison Geom tool?

because when I tried to enable it in my Blender 2.5 I doesn't allow me to add it.

I am using now geom tool 1.0.2

I am working on shirt but it doesn't work because it give me this message

Here is the things that I have done.

*I tried to change the Quads to Tris.
*I tried to find and delete Vertex/Edges.

Is there is any other solutions to this problem?

These problems are frustrating !
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  amtopshirtlong.rar (342.2 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sauzghieyy
I get this error every time I try to extract my new mesh and I'm not sure how to fix it.
]

Try using these two things I am sure it will fix it

*I tried to change the Quads to Tris:
This can be done by selecting all your object in edit mode and then press Ctrl + T

Or you can go to Mesh-->Faces-->Quads to Tris

*I tried to find and delete Vertex/Edges.

This can be done by going to the object in edit mode and then go to the Select--> Loss Vertex/Edges.

Then Press Delete it's done.
Test Subject
#131 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:13 PM
Hey, is there any way to view texture on hair meshes in Blender using this plugin? I also have the Blender Tools plugin installed, but that doesn't seem to work with GEOM files, unless I'm missing something. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#132 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 1:49 AM
Has this been updated for 2.65? I tried to load a simgeom and got an error that looked like the script was calling something that wasn't there anymore.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#133 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 1:59 AM
No it hasn't. I've spent the last two months reworking the script, but I've run into a problem. When I get it worked out I will update and this script should be ready to bring out of testing.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#134 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 2:52 AM
Well, that pretty well answers the question, as well as the one I asked in the comments section of your ts3 tools download.
Wishing you good luck on the bug hunt.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#135 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 3:11 AM
Oh, I updated the ts3 tools. Did a rework on those too.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#136 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Oh, I updated the ts3 tools. Did a rework on those too.

Yes, I saw that, and edited my post in the comments section. Thanks so much for these awesome plugins! I s'pose I should get to writing the tutorial for my pill script (that I promised last summer) while you're updating the geom plugin.
Field Researcher
#137 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 10:55 AM
Is there a way I can import a nude top in Blender?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#138 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:16 PM
All of the nude meshes are available as obj here.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#139 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
All of the nude meshes are available as obj here.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#140 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 12:58 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for this <3 Not enough Blender stuff out there for those of us who use it Makes creating stuff twice as hard.
Test Subject
#141 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 12:55 AM
How do I export a mesh made from scratch?
I tried exporting it to a random mesh I'd extracted from the game and got an error and a 4kb file that does nothing.
The error:
Traceback (most recent call last)
File/Users/Username/Library/Application support/Blender/2.63/Scripts/Addons/io_TS3_geom.py" line 589, in execute self.exportfile()
File/Users/Username/Library/Application support/Blender/2.63/Scripts/Addons/io_TS3_geom.py" line 749, in exportfile t=CalTangs(obj.data, uvz[0])
Indexerror: list index out of range

It's triangulated, but I couldn't find the renumber option. I could when I imported a geom, but only when said imported geom was selected. Are modified game meshes the only way to go?

I haven't done any meshing before, so, ah, don't rule out stupid elementary mistakes.

And thank you for making this! I'm looking forward to figuring out how meshing works, and sims modding should be a good testrun.
Field Researcher
#142 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 8:03 PM
Default help!
OK, so as usual everyone else is light years ahead of me, running tests on the tool whereas I am stuck trying to install it. Line 6 of the install instructions reads: 6. Click the check box to the right of the TS3 Tools in the list. The importer is added to the File->Import menu, and the TS3 GEOM Tools panel is added to the Properties Editor under Scene.

The only problem is that I do not see any check box. Can someone help?

Screenshot attached. (sorry about the quality, I had to fit the constraints for posting)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#143 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 10:16 AM
You don't see the checkbox because it's in the user preferences, under the addons tab. That's a screenshot of the file selector.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 9:05 AM
OIC. thanks
Field Researcher
#145 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 12:47 AM
Default I'm getting an error
Hi,
I just downloaded your plugin and everything works fine until I try to export the edited mesh. I get the error message in the attached image. All I did was scale the mesh a bit and didn't do anything to the vertices. It does create a new file and the bak file but when I insert the new file via S3PE and then load my game there is nothing there as if the mesh is non existent.
I did notice that the error message is pointing to my C drive but I have blender installed on an external F drive. Is this the cause of my problem? If not, what do you suggest I try?
Thank you for your time,
MonoChaos
Screenshots

I have moved again this time to a private domain here are the links:
Sims 4: https://monochaos.blog/
Sims 2: https://sims2.monochaos.blog/
Forum Resident
#146 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 2:28 PM
MonoChaos, when I asked cmomoney if he was updating this for blender 2.65 he said he'd run into a problem. I presume he's working on updating,
and we'll have to wait for it. This may take a while. Python isn't the easiest thing to deal with, and simgeom isn't the simplest file format to decode.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 1:09 PM Last edited by AyamePasse : 12th Mar 2013 at 2:39 PM.
I'm sure this isn't supported anymore, though I REALLY wanted to see if I could edit hair with this version, hence why I'm trying this one instead of the new version (plus this matches my version of Blender as well). Sadly, I can't get past checking the box next to the add-on once I install it. When I tick the box, nothing happens; it refuses to check and thus enable it...
I'm REALLY new to Blender, my only real experience with it is teaching myself to edit Oblivion meshes in 2.49, which is very different from 2.57 (having to add plugins to the scripts folders by hand, for starters), so I'm sure its just my own ignorance, but if anyone is still out there that can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would be very grateful.

Edit: I don't even know how I got in THIS thread, last I looked I was in a threat titled '2.57 (stable)'?? It even said that at the top of the first page, and that's the thread I downloaded from, yet now I'm HERE... Now I'm even confusing MYSELF. >.< Okay, I gotta figure out what in the WORLD just happened and see what its potentially done to my attempts at installing a plugin...

Edit: Got it and the rig file to both install and enable by downloading yet another version of Blender, of course I get an error while importing with a bunch of references to file paths that I can't make any sense of (I tried installing the rig importer thing, but I was only able to do so by extracting it, then adding it to a zip archive, since Blender can't find a rar file, so I'm not sure I was SUPPOSED to install the thing at all), but maybe someday I'll be able to figure out how to use these, I just hate to burden people with more of my utter newb issues. Thanks so much for this contribution!
Test Subject
#148 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 6:02 PM
I had the same issue as AyamePasse when it came to the checkbox. In 2.62, the Rig Importer worked, but the GEOM wouldn't install. It installs in 2.63 but sends up error messages when I try to actually use it.

I'm glad to hear you're working on an update, Cmo! For the record, these tools used to work for me perfectly, but Blender itself was giving me unrelated problems and I think I messed something up along the way when trying to fix it. ^^; These tools were super helpful to me though, it's so much easier for me to work with a familiar program than to work in Milkshape.

I suppose I'll just sit tight for now, I think it would be easier for me to start fresh with a new version than to try and fiddle with the version I messed up. ^^; Thank you so much for making these tools for us!
Test Subject
#149 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 4:45 PM
So i download both the geom and rig thing. I imported the file of both into the blender user preferences (and ticked the box) and saved it as default but every time i try import someone i get this error

I would really appreciate some help if i'm doing something wrong, thanks

also i was importing the sims 3 crew t-shirt thing for adult females
Screenshots
Test Subject
#150 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 4:06 PM
Hello.
I installed reading your instruction. Everything was OK, I imported the simgeom...
But yes, something must to be wrong...

Mesh look like this and I can't remember this shape in CTU...
Please help, what did I do wrong?
Page 6 of 9