Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 3:29 PM
Default I want to make my own short height slider, but how?
Hi!
I saw here on Modthesims a height slider by Cmar
(I think so, correct me if Im wrong).
Because of Cmar´s hint of her/his height slider files I was getting an idea!
And I thought, what if I can do a shorter height slider by my own?
(And maybe some other bodyshape sliders?)
The only "problem" I can see here is to recategorize the height slider,
(and I know many of you have the slider(s) located in the facial area) .
It´s fine I think, but I want to mainly recategorize this height slider either to the Main Tab where you change the fat, muscle (and breast slider for female for example).
OR near the facial sliders and makeup, but NOT inside these tabs.
Maybe a whole new tab for this, correct me but I think I saw empty space for that near the facial sliders tabs.
(For patch 1.67 atleast!)
Because, I think I saw someone made this here on Modthesims (Jonha I think???)
How can I, by my own, make a similar height slider recagorized in this tab area?
This may be hard to acheive, but I think its certainly possible to do!
Any suggestions?
Thank you in advanced!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kagamine Rin
Hi!
I saw here on Modthesims a height slider by Cmar
(I think so, correct me if Im wrong).
Because of Cmar´s hint of her/his height slider files I was getting an idea!
And I thought, what if I can do a shorter height slider by my own?
(And maybe some other bodyshape sliders?)
The only "problem" I can see here is to recategorize the height slider,
(and I know many of you have the slider(s) located in the facial area) .
It´s fine I think, but I want to mainly recategorize this height slider either to the Main Tab where you change the fat, muscle (and breast slider for female for example).
OR near the facial sliders and makeup, but NOT inside these tabs.
Maybe a whole new tab for this, correct me but I think I saw empty space for that near the facial sliders tabs.
(For patch 1.67 atleast!)
Because, I think I saw someone made this here on Modthesims (Jonha I think???)
How can I, by my own, make a similar height slider recagorized in this tab area?
This may be hard to acheive, but I think its certainly possible to do!
Any suggestions?
Thank you in advanced!

To do this you need to change the UI.dll Next, you need to create a class in Ui/CAS to name the CASNameFile where NameFile is all you want, then change the CASFacialDetails file to add a link to your class. Next update the Layo files, write your creations there and specify the locations elements, and the last in the file of the slider find the file with the tag FBLN, to CASPanelGroup write there NameFile.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiteman-Dara
To do this you need to change the UI.dll Next, you need to create a class in Ui/CAS to name the CASNameFile where NameFile is all you want, then change the CASFacialDetails file to add a link to your class. Next update the Layo files, write your creations there and specify the locations elements, and the last in the file of the slider find the file with the tag FBLN, to CASPanelGroup write there NameFile.
Oh! Nice! Do i need Visual Studio for this then, or can I use S3PE? EDIT: I may have discovered now by myself, I thought I was going to need to open it with Visual Studio. But it seems that don´t need to do that! Thank you so much! EDIT 2: Oh, sorry to bother! Maybe I was right in the first place. My bad.