Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default can't use phone
Directed to use the phone (for anything) they pick it up and hang up. Seems I had this before and replacing all phones with another type fixed it (maybe?). Now I can't fix it. No error showed when in de-bug mode. Other odd things also happening; guy returned from abduction with a bowl of food stuck on his head - but not pregnant. Without even trying to remove the dish I sent him back to the aliens, but again no baby. Then tried blender to get pregnant - nothing (& yes he is right age).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:19 PM
The most likely thing with phone problems like that is a hack which alters the phone menu to add something, reorganise something or get rid of something. Nearly all phone hacks had to be updated with all EPs because the phone menu always changed with every EP (and a couple of the SPs). As you seem to have most (if not all) EPs, I'd say it's mostly likely a hack which is out of date for your set up and you need one updated for AL.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:16 PM
I took out the phone hacks I had (just some that stopped incoming calls) - didn't work. Then I found a wall phone in the house that I had failed to delete - and THAT fixed the problem. I wonder if it could be because whoever had used it just dropped the receiver on the phone; I didn't look for it.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I took out the phone hacks I had (just some that stopped incoming calls) - didn't work. Then I found a wall phone in the house that I had failed to delete - and THAT fixed the problem. I wonder if it could be because whoever had used it just dropped the receiver on the phone; I didn't look for it.

Oh yes, that's another issue.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:11 PM
Although when I direct someone to use the phone & the receiver is missing, they know where it is & will get it..so..unknown

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 10:55 PM
backup and remove your download folder. (I would never remove no sim loaded and smarter EP check)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~