Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 2:14 AM
Looking for old cc for sims 2 from the early 200s
Does anybody have a bulk download of sims 2 cc from the early 2000s that just isn’t available anymore? I keep watching sims2 machinimas and I’m seeing a bunch of cc that likely isn’t available anymore. I would like to get my hands on that kind of cc if anyone is willing to share with me. Looking for hair, clothes, objects, makeup etc

I appreciate any help with this!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 2:35 AM
Didn't I just talk to you on reddit? lol

So, first, have you looked at the CC that is actually available on here first? You may find things you're looking for. You may not. But it's always advisable to look first before asking. If you can't find what you want, be specific about what you're looking for. A lot of people on here CC folders that are several gigs large. I'm sure you probably don't want their entire folder of CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kerri191
Didn't I just talk to you on reddit? lol

So, first, have you looked at the CC that is actually available on here first? You may find things you're looking for. You may not. But it's always advisable to look first before asking. If you can't find what you want, be specific about what you're looking for. A lot of people on here CC folders that are several gigs large. I'm sure you probably don't want their entire folder of CC.

Hi! I guess so,

Yes, I’ve actually used mts for a long time and I have found a lot of decent stuff over the past few years.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 5:33 AM
My saved downloads is ordered by the dates I downloaded it which doesn't necessarily match when it was created but obviously they wouldn't have been created AFTER the date I downloaded it. The folders DON'T identify who or what site they were downloaded from. I have folders with downloads going back to 2004. What are you looking for? I tended to download more clothes, makeup and skins early in my Sims2 play, especially once Warlokk created his Bodyshape project. I was much more interested in creating Sims than in decorating lots and houses.

Just so you know, my downloads just from 2004-2010 are more than 14 GB although that includes both the zip/rar files as well as the extracted packages. Some were crap, some probably didn't include meshes and I'm positive that not all made it into my game and some which did at first have been culled out since.

Interestingly, some of the early clothes were packed as Sims2Packs so I ended up with the clothes as well as a Sim face preset and perhaps some unexpected makeup as well. And some came as Sims2Skin files which I don't remember now how they even got pulled into the game.

I might be willing to upload some to a SimFileShare, but it would be with the caveat that they should be used at your own risk. I'd make no promises that they would be complete or even work.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Instructor
#5 Old 28th Mar 2024 at 10:39 AM
Wayback machine and EAxis stuff.
The wiki has a page dedicated to Maxoid "CC" (Like the Run With Scissors playset) here: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...al_Site_Archive
You can also find defunct TS2 CC sites with the wayback machine.
Check on here too. Just click "Last.." from a category you want to find ancient CC.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 3:43 AM
Some places for old custom content:
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/ts2/
https://sims2packrat.tumblr.com (and the wordpress version I still maintain and occasionally update with stuff that isn't on the tumblr since I've been too lazy to log in and submit the files there too https://sims2packrat.wordpress.com )
http://thesimsgraveyard.com/index.p...tegory/1-sims-2 <- this especially has a lot of older content stored there
https://www.liquidsims.com/community-archives/ <- some completely archived old websites
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
My saved downloads is ordered by the dates I downloaded it which doesn't necessarily match when it was created but obviously they wouldn't have been created AFTER the date I downloaded it. The folders DON'T identify who or what site they were downloaded from. I have folders with downloads going back to 2004. What are you looking for? I tended to download more clothes, makeup and skins early in my Sims2 play, especially once Warlokk created his Bodyshape project. I was much more interested in creating Sims than in decorating lots and houses.

Just so you know, my downloads just from 2004-2010 are more than 14 GB although that includes both the zip/rar files as well as the extracted packages. Some were crap, some probably didn't include meshes and I'm positive that not all made it into my game and some which did at first have been culled out since.

Interestingly, some of the early clothes were packed as Sims2Packs so I ended up with the clothes as well as a Sim face preset and perhaps some unexpected makeup as well. And some came as Sims2Skin files which I don't remember now how they even got pulled into the game.

I might be willing to upload some to a SimFileShare, but it would be with the caveat that they should be used at your own risk. I'd make no promises that they would be complete or even work.

I have a 2tb SSD so storage itself isn’t an issue. I understand that if you do decide to upload your folder that certain things may not work and downloading would be at my own risk.

If you are willing to upload it, please let me know
Instructor
#8 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 10:36 AM
You could also have a look at this tumblr dedicated to old CC: https://oldasscustomcontent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED

I would also be interested if you decide to upload! I'm in the same situation as the OP.