Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 12:02 AM
Default SimSelves:What do you do with Yourself?
If you ever made a simself (or plan to), what did you do with it? Did you befriend townies and NPCs, join in the Pleasantview craze, start a legacy, or what?

What I did was I made myself with a famous person and we dated.

"Mars just kinda came to me. Cos i'm out of this world" ~Bruno Mars. I am obsessed. LEGIT!
MY FULL NAME SHALL BE DEVON PINKAMINA VALERIE MARS
Currently Listening to: It Will Rain by Bruno Mars Mood: Sexy :P
Brony, Hooligan, and Little Monster <3
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 1:16 AM
I've used both male and female versions of my simself as Apocalypse Challenge founders many times. I don't use my simself to mirror my real life much at all. She (sometimes "he") is more like an alter ego. Some elements of her life resemble my own, but most do not.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 2:27 AM
I lit my sim-self on fire.
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:22 AM
I made a selfsim a 2-3 years ago and I had her live the way I wanted to in RL. She owned a rottweiler and tiger, since owning a tiger in RL is my biggest dream-that-wont-ever-come-true. I forgot what career I gave her but shes an artist. I first started out just mingling with townies, but then I decided to make my RL bf a self sim too. Our sims dated and he decides to give me a chess table as a gift for an awesome date (we always joke about that). We got married and have 5 kids, opened up a 50's diner. The kids grew up and we just started to have grandkids but later I had to abandoned that hood for other reasons. Good times!

I have a new self sim in my current hood, but so far I dont really play her. She just a townie for now. I plan to build her a house I would love to live in and go crazy with clutter xP. I dont think I'll make my bf or have kids this time though!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 4:16 AM
I just made one for taking pictures of.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 8:31 AM
I have never made a self Sim. I play the game to escape from me and my life... I don't think I belong there.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 1:26 PM
I've made self-sims when I initially got the game as a way to test it out with a family I would have some interest in. Other that being a self-sim, they live normal lives and don't get any special dispensation (lose your job from a chance card? tough luck).

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 2:14 PM
I only did this once. I made myself and my husband. I built our house and played only a short time in that household. It was too creepy. Anything I did with my Simself or my Sim husband was like performing voodoo on us. I was afraid what ever I did to them or made them do would jinx us. I didn't like playihng 'us'. I had also made my parents house in that hood, they have passed away several years before. But when I moved in a couple in that house it looked so much like the real house, I couldn't take it. I stopped playing that hood , too close for comfort.
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 2:55 PM
I made myself, and make the stories of an insane teenage boy who owns a club and a bistro. That's what I really want in RL.

Hey there! :)
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 5:48 PM
I made my simself long time ago. I started myself in college, I was a sophomore in RL college at the time. My simself found a boyfriend right away and graduated and got married and was a stay-at-home mom with 4 kids. I life I desired at the time for my RL. Anyway, I'm actually still playing that neighborhood where my simself is. I'm even buried at the neighborhood cemetary right next to my husband. And all of our kids have passed away, as well as all but one of our grandchildren. The rest of the descendents are living in the neighborhood, creating drama and being awesome to play with.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 6:05 PM
Each house in my hood has some kind of unique story or playstyle to keep them from being carbon copies. I created a self-sim and decided "being a self-sim" wasn't enough of a story, so I ended up making his house the one where did a variation of the 100 Days Challenge. I can't remember where I found it, but basically you roll a goal each day and must make every effort to meet that goal by the end of the day.

He rolled "Get Married". Easy.

A few days later he rolled "Break Up". Less easy. The only way to break up a happy marriage in a day is by woohooing in front of your spouse. He did, she kicked him out.

When couples divorce I have a house rule about property division. They were in an apartment so I checked her inventory to see if she had anything valuable stashed. That's when I realized she was on the Natural Science track. In her inventory was a cowplant. And her husband had just cheated on her.

So now the ghost of my self-sim haunts his ex-wife.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Instructor
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 7:11 PM
I think I made my self-sim many years ago, when i first bought the game.Back then I was really obsessed with a rock star, so I created him too in my game and them we married and had beautiful (and perfect) kids and had a happily ever after life ^^
... boring ...
I know, but I was 11 (if i remember correctly) and still dreaming of Prince Charming (with a guitar >.> ), so I wanted to see how would it be.
Now, when I'm thinking about it, I think I created my self-sim two times.
Second time, same husband.We had a daughter and then twins (I was like ... "OMG!My dream coming true!Thank you God!" ; back then I never imagined that twins were o possibility in Sims 2 and I was very surprised >.> And happy ) and then I got pregnant and my hubby died.Twice >.> First time in the bathroom (no idea why XD ), second time electrocuted >.> I thought ... "This is fate... I guess I'll have to save this time and raise alone our ... 4 kids?!Oh God, I forgot about the fourth one XD What am I going to do?!"

I never created my self again since then >.> I tried once with Sims 3 too (I married Goodwin Goode, had 6 kids), but never again with Sims 2 XD I think that if I would ever try again, I would like to have as many kids as possible and then I wouldn't have enough time to play with each of them XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankokomando
I lit my sim-self on fire.

Thats just hilarious...

"Mars just kinda came to me. Cos i'm out of this world" ~Bruno Mars. I am obsessed. LEGIT!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:32 AM
Like I said, I got married and I just had quads with Bruno Mars. I woulda joined the Pleasantview Saga, but I deleted Pleasantview when I got the game -_-

#15 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 6:43 AM
I put my name on a sim i made in bodyshop because frankly I could have cared less. I wanted to do a legacy/start a neighborhood from 1 family type deal. So i installed Port White Water and married Jason Menon which come to think of it was a stupid decision because jase/jason as a couple is odd. But menon is spanish and well i'm human ok LOL. I got bored with it because I couldn't figure out who else to play in the neighborhood so it all went buh bye. I have commitment issues with neighborhoods.....
Forum Resident
#16 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 5:22 PM
well, i used to make my sim self, but they dont have the right color of red hair, and i have yet to find a CC match to my copper hair
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 5:23 PM
I made my simself, and got ready to find someone to pass on the genes. Turns out my female simself likes... females. *headslap* (And its totally is just random but as I am typing this, Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" just came on Pandora.)

~123blissb

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 123blissb
I made my simself, and got ready to find someone to pass on the genes. Turns out my female simself likes... females. *headslap* (And its totally is just random but as I am typing this, Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" just came on Pandora.)

~123blissb

If you're not obsessed with complete realism in your game, you should try a same sex pregnancy hack. I like it because my good looking gay couples don't have to waste their nice genes and adopt fugly children.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=14.0
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Octavia<3
well, i used to make my sim self, but they dont have the right color of red hair, and i have yet to find a CC match to my copper hair

Maybe, once I become a waay better designer, I will make some.

I make the worst clothes. They're not worth being posted. I need practice.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 123blissb

~123blissb

Its a sign

Scholar
#21 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:10 AM
I've made quite a few Simselves. Even of the opposite gender.

I have rarely done much with them, though. I literally have just made many of them and stuck them in a house and moved on. I have to say that for Simselves making them is typically the most entertaining. I did start a legacy on one, though, and that legacy went for a few generations (would have gone more, but it was on my old laptop, which died).

It's The Sims 3 Simselves that are fun, because then it's fun to see what they do while I'm playing another family.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by selfmadequeen
If you're not obsessed with complete realism in your game, you should try a same sex pregnancy hack. I like it because my good looking gay couples don't have to waste their nice genes and adopt fugly children.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=14.0

Yes! I do have that hack! *gushing* And I luv it soooooo much... And my simself and her girlfriend had very nice children...

Quote: Originally posted by devmars
Its a sign

Let me assure you, I have no attraction to other females whatsoever. (Now, people who do that's perfectly fine with me, but not for me.)

~123blissb

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 6:32 PM
I made myself with the rest of my family. What happens in real life - what happens in game.
Scholar
#24 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 10:01 PM
I tried to create myself but then i got way too obsessed with making my sim look perfectly like me, even down to the smallest dimple. That got tiring, and then realizing that shes not a neat freak like myself was annoying, or perhaps her chin was too long and I have a weird asian eyes and blah blah blah...that got tiring. So i decided to scratch the entire thing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
I tried to create myself but then i got way too obsessed with making my sim look perfectly like me, even down to the smallest dimple. That got tiring, and then realizing that shes not a neat freak like myself was annoying, or perhaps her chin was too long and I have a weird asian eyes and blah blah blah...that got tiring. So i decided to scratch the entire thing.

Im a perfectionist, but I just made myself extremely pretty. I dont love myself, even if i should...

Page 1 of 2