Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2015 at 12:20 PM
Default How do I retexture this kind of .DDS?
Hey yall. Im having serious freaking trouble retexturing this kind of image because it repeats. I extract the texture in Sims Studio. With Clothing it is easy but with beds , etc? It messed up terribly. Please guide me.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd May 2015 at 12:39 PM
What are you opening this with? Those are the mipmaps, you normally woudn't see them in an image editor.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
What are you opening this with? Those are the mipmaps, you normally woudn't see them in an image editor.

Photoshop
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:51 PM
Well I don't have a Windows photoshop (that would have that Nvidia plugin for DDS) -- can you maybe post a screenshot of your import options? I guess you would need to unselect some option to do with mipmaps. Perhaps a photoshop user who knows that plugin can also tell you what it is off the top of their heads.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd May 2015 at 3:10 PM
I'm using the DDS Plugin for Photoshop. When I first loaded it, it asked if I wanted to generate mipmaps. I should have checked no. Now, Im gonna try to reset the plugin and see if I can NOT generate mipmaps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2015 at 3:36 PM
I'm doing much better now. Issue was loading mipmaps. Thanks for your help!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd May 2015 at 3:47 PM
You *do* need to generate mipmaps -- you just don't need to edit them one by one since the plugin will automatically create them for you. What you should be seeing is one large texture, you edit that to your liking and when you export, check "generate mipmaps".

Part-time Hermit
#8 Old 3rd May 2015 at 7:19 AM
If you're using Photoshop with the Nvidia plugins, your import and export settings should look like the screenshots below. When importing you don't need to load MIP maps, but while exporting you need to have the "generate MIP maps" option checked.

Screenshots