Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Canning Station Overhaul [UPDATE: Aug 2 2016]

by Butterbot Posted 28th Jul 2016 at 10:34 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2018 at 5:06 AM by Butterbot : Content

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 97 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 8:09 AM
This is amazing. Looking forward to play with your mod. Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:56 AM
Absolutely magnificent mod!

I have Decrap_fixes_all instead of the mod you mentioned. Is that a problem and if so where can I get the store-fix you mention? I've looked in SimPE but I don't see how to change the flags
Instructor
Original Poster
#53 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 12:18 PM
@Sita

I'm not familiar with Decrap_fixes_all. You'll have to check whether it contains the canningJarJam OBJD resource (the resource key is listed in this mod's description, in the "Warnings/Conflicts" section) by opening it with S3PE (not SimPE, which is for TS2.)

To edit the flags, take a look at these two earlier comments: here and here.

Hope this helps!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#54 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 5:00 PM
Bless you for this! I experienced at least half of the bugs listed, so this mod is going right into my game ASAP!
Scholar
#55 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
@desiree101

Thanks for confirming that!

If you're selling either the original EA canning station jars or this mod's ration jars with the Savvier Seller, consider disabling auto-restock on those shelves for now. Last time I investigated the issue, the Savvier Seller does not have any code that implements restocking EA's jars (much less ration jars from this mod, which did not exist when Ani wrote the Savvier Seller). You can probably continue to sell the jars via Savvier Seller without any problems, but attempting to restock the canning station jars might result in corrupt jars being respawned on the shelves.

This is not a fault with the original canning station or this mod, just that the Savvier Seller doesn't have full support for the jar objects presently.

Yep! Already done I never use the Auto Restock if I can help it, it makes running the shops too easy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 8:43 PM
I have (im)patiently been waiting for this for what seems like an eternity! I can't wait to get playing with it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 1:06 AM Last edited by CerezaDeliciosa : 27th Nov 2016 at 9:17 PM.
Wow muchas gracias, te luciste con este mod, con las diferentes texturas para las jaleas y todo, muchas gracias. Thank you very much! Act. 27-Nov-2016
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 8:29 AM
Amazing! Thank you for the great mod! :) Finally some more use for ingredients I hardly ever use in-game! :)
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 11:45 AM
I like the idea of this mod - the fix for the breaking issue was needed and I really like the added recipes. I was kinda sad when I did my first big canning binge that Maxis really couldn't think of ideas to make spreads out of steak, cheese, and other ingredients they left unusable. Given that I have sometimes bought meat-based spreads before, I was sad none of the creators thought of that, but I guess that's the glory of modders - someone in the modding community is bound to think up what Maxis didn't, and here you are!

I will install this and experiment with it once I get my current sim a house in Oasis Landing, where she is at the moment.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 2:13 PM
I had a lot of fun playing with this. Thank you! However my sim reset to homelot every time I tried to make condensed milk with plain milk from the Dairy Corral. I have the canning station on an owned lot. Makin scrambled eggs, candles and other new recepies worked fine.
Scholar
#61 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freja
I had a lot of fun playing with this. Thank you! However my sim reset to homelot every time I tried to make condensed milk with plain milk from the Dairy Corral. I have the canning station on an owned lot. Makin scrambled eggs, candles and other new recepies worked fine.

My sim was standing right in the middle of the canning station while making condensed milk using milk from the Grocery Store lol. She didn't reset, though.
So, I guess there's a bug with milk in general?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 9:00 PM
Since I added this mod some of the plants don't have to option to plant them. I'm going to remove your mod and see if I can plant all.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#63 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 11:06 PM
I've wanted this FOR YEARS. Much appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 12:58 AM
I remember why I hated the station. They make the item too fast. It should take more fruit (15 fruit for 3 jars) and at least 30 minutes. Plus able to stock pile the fruit into the station and select the type from the menu.

Beyond that, Your mod is great and no problems yet
Instructor
Original Poster
#65 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 1:35 AM
@Freja
@desiree101

Thanks for reporting this. Will PM you shortly.

@cdshrout1171

Which plants? Is this the only new mod that has been installed? Would be great if you can update us on this. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:25 AM
Wonderful mod! Making the canning station much more interesting to play with! BTW is it possible to make the price of the jar variable based on the raw material? All jars having the same price appears to be quite unrealistic.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:35 AM
Amazing mod. I have been canning like crazy since I got this. Started a savvier seller store for it and everything. Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#68 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 10:37 AM
Incredible mod, you make regret I moved on my current sims into a new house without the station.Thank you , I love people who knows how to add useful gameplay in our game.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
@Freja
@desiree101

Thanks for reporting this. Will PM you shortly.

@cdshrout1171

Which plants? Is this the only new mod that has been installed? Would be great if you can update us on this. Thanks!

I don't think it's because of your mod. I'm working on figuring out the problem now. Really hope I don't have to do a full reinstall on those packs...ugh!
Theorist
#70 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 1:42 PM
Question: If I have DecrapFixes_all instead of StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes, do I still need to do the S3PE operation? Or do the 2 files have a different function?
And if so, when I set the small to true, the medium is also set to true by default. Do I keep both of these as true?
Thanks

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#71 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 1:49 PM
Magnificent! I love this!
Instructor
Original Poster
#72 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 3:00 PM
@tizerist

I'm not familiar with DecrapFixes_all; you'll have to check whether it contains the canningJarJam OBJD. If it does, that would need editing. Set only Small, Decorative, and FullRotation to true. The other flags should be false.

Hope this helps.

@cdshrout1171

Many thanks for the update. Best of luck with the plants!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 10:24 PM
Thank you for helping make my game all the more realistic. I appreciate your time in modding.
Test Subject
#74 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 10:30 PM
Also having the condensed milk = rest sim error but other than that, I love this mod. Thanks so much.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#75 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 10:56 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 31st Jul 2016 at 11:59 PM.
Has this mod broken anyone's Bohemian Garden Set? My auto-soils are no longer working...

edit: nvm.. its not the mod? What is up.. - u -
Page 3 of 9