Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:22 PM
Customizing EVERYTHING. Every. Little. Thing.

omnis mundi creatura
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#152 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:00 PM
Is that a bad habit though? I couldn't blame myself for it, TS3 is a game that INVITES customization.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#153 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:10 PM
@GrijzePilion Over customization can be a bad habit because, for me, it's never just making something a different color or pattern, it's making 3 or more recolors and recoloring patterns so they look different and saving things as new presets... then before I know it, I've spent 2 hours in the stylist chair when all I'd wanted to do was give someone a summer outfit.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#154 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:20 PM
I do that too to a certain degree. What really helps for me is that the game somehow refuses to save presets. So I can't carry over presets or patterns between saves et cetera. I can save a dozen things and as soon as I go back to Live Mode, they're gone.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Is that a bad habit though? I couldn't blame myself for it, TS3 is a game that INVITES customization.

To echo what tunafishfish said, it can go bad. It's just a huge time sink. My town has own buildings and addresses, along with freshly created sims. If a premade moves in or a sim ages up, they get a makeover, sometimes more than once. Service sims are taken into CAS. Houses get remodelled and repurposed. Etc., you get the gist... it's to the point where actually progressing the sims' lives takes a backseat. That is why for me, it's probably the worst habit :D

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#156 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:54 PM
I can't remember the last time progressing Sim lives was a priority for me. Very long ago, if ever. That's not what I personally play The Sims for. I play The Sims to create things. I've never played for longer than a single afternoon without using money cheats. And the last time I played more than a whole Sim day from sunrise to sundown in one sitting....2016? 2015?
So it's really just a matter of perspective. To you that's a bad thing, to me it's how it's supposed to be. I don't play video games for the challenge. Not most of them, anyway. I don't like not cheating, it's boring.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lalata
When I was 9, I used to make my sims look ridiculous with extremely bright and ugly clothing and exaggerated features and making them fairies. Great times, those were.

I always know when my sister has been on my computer because she does this...usually in my favorite save.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Site Helper
#158 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:33 AM
Give her a save of her very own. With houses that have all been repainted with the gaudiest wallpaper and tile patterns on the exterior, so that her fairies will have pretty houses to live in. And a warning that any of her sims who wander into your saves will be summarily deleted from them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#159 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:26 AM
Oh joy. The disagree fairy found it's way out of the Off Topic groups.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#160 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Oh joy. The disagree fairy found it's way out of the Off Topic groups.

Lookie at the pretty colors under the posts!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#161 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:51 PM
They should put me in charge of bans. All this site's problems would be solved by the end of the hour. I'm like the Oprah Winfrey of telling people off.

insert signature here
Scholar
#162 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:39 PM
The disagree button just annoys the crap out of me. What are you disagreeing with?! Just own your opinions, damnit!
Theorist
#163 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
The disagree button just annoys the crap out of me. What are you disagreeing with?! Just own your opinions, damnit!

What is hilarious (not cool, not "good trolling in a cool way" or whatever makes someone such a miserable person they have to disagree with anyone) is the "disagree" on threads are aren't opinions.

People should be able to post pictures in threads like "Show us your female Sims" without someone being allowed to disagree. Note, the title is "Show us your Female Sims."

But nope, these sorts of people interpret it as "I don't like these people or their Sims or their Sims are nicer than the ones I will ever make so let me hit the old button."

Why are you disagreeing? You don't think they "look female?"

No one says we have to love everyone else's Sims but 'disagreeing' in what is a factual representation of the title is just being mean and spiteful and childish. Then again, some people enjoy that role so more power to them wasting their lives in misery. Take the high road and ignore them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#164 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:42 PM
Why doesn't everyone just Adblock the Disagree button? Out of sight, out of mind.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#165 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:06 PM
Why doesn't everyone just Adblock the Disagree button? Out of sight, out of mind.

But then there would be red missing from the rainbow that everybody has been picking up.

(And now I'm getting seriously tempted to start clicking "Love" on every post again... Especially the ones that got random disagrees.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
#166 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish

I'm just stating the obvious here, but anyway:
- most buttons here are for positive feedback, why can't it be balanced with a mildly negative one, like disagree? It's not a "hate", and not even a "dislike" button, and it's ok to disagree with someone's opinion.
- disagree button allows people to, well, disagree without making an actual reply post, and if someone has many disagrees (much more than agrees), it is a clear sign that they've posted sth. controversial/arrogant/rude/wrong/simply an unpopular opinion. A few disagrees is ok though, only very whiny people would get upset about having 1-2 disagrees under their posts. You can't be liked by everyone, and there's always someone who has a different opinion.
- in picture threads the disagree button does function as a dislike, at least that's the only way I can explain why people are clicking this in those threads, as there are almost no opinions there to disagree with. Actual dislike button was never intoduced, so people found their way to show their dislike of pictures without posting anything like "your sims are ugly" or "you have no lot building skills whatsoever", or "you have shitty graphics".

Anyway, running through an entire thread and clicking "disagree" under every post is just ridiculous. These disagrees can never be taken seriously, because it is obvious that someone has just made a lame attempt to troll everyoone, and failed miserably. Maybe they didn't even read the posts.
Scholar
#167 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 10:23 PM

Why don't people just ignore those stupid buttons, anyway? I never used them, and barely pay any attention to them on any post; be it one of my own or someone else's. It's not like it actually alters where the post is listed or if it's even readable. It's just a stupid button to push that has no real meaning.
Top Secret Researcher
#168 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:27 PM
Default The disagree Button.
I say something wrong... Someone clicks the "disagree" thinking, "That's not right.
Here's how I understand the disagree button...

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#169 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:41 PM
Why do we always end up talking about the fucking disagree button?

Blocking elements on web pages permanently using uBlock Origin

The first thing that you need is uBlock Origin (doh). Visit the extension's GitHub page, and either download the extension from it directly, or follow the links on the main page instead to the add-on repositories for Firefox and Chrome.
You may use the feature of uBlock Origin to hide YouTube comments, recommendations, suggestions, or any other element on a page that you don't need, find distracting, or find annoying.
Hiding elements on pages permanently using uBlock is a two-step process.

Step 1: Selecting the element that you want to block

You have two options to invoke the blocking functionality of uBlock Origin. You may either right-click on any element in the browser and select the "block element" option from the context menu.
Once you select the option, the element right underneath the mouse cursor is highlighted in red, while the remainder of the page is darkened.

Step 2: adding the new rule

Now that you have made a selection, it is time to add the rule to uBlock Origin so that the selected element is removed from the page.
This step can be a bit confusing, as there is no real indication what to do at this point. You need to move the mouse cursor to the lower right of the browser window once you have locked an item to reveal the semi-transparent rule creator.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#170 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:52 PM
I hoard savefiles with worlds full of builds only, just to restart an empty one and never finish or even look back at the old one at all for that matter. Then at some point I delete them without looking at potential projects.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#171 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimOllieTS3
I'm just stating the obvious here, but anyway:
- most buttons here are for positive feedback, why can't it be balanced with a mildly negative one, like disagree? It's not a "hate", and not even a "dislike" button, and it's ok to disagree with someone's opinion.
- disagree button allows people to, well, disagree without making an actual reply post, and if someone has many disagrees (much more than agrees), it is a clear sign that they've posted sth. controversial/arrogant/rude/wrong/simply an unpopular opinion. A few disagrees is ok though, only very whiny people would get upset about having 1-2 disagrees under their posts. You can't be liked by everyone, and there's always someone who has a different opinion.
- in picture threads the disagree button does function as a dislike, at least that's the only way I can explain why people are clicking this in those threads, as there are almost no opinions there to disagree with. Actual dislike button was never intoduced, so people found their way to show their dislike of pictures without posting anything like "your sims are ugly" or "you have no lot building skills whatsoever", or "you have shitty graphics".

Anyway, running through an entire thread and clicking "disagree" under every post is just ridiculous. These disagrees can never be taken seriously, because it is obvious that someone has just made a lame attempt to troll everyoone, and failed miserably. Maybe they didn't even read the posts.

I'm a fan of critique and discourse. I want to know what opinions that "disagree" is hiding, even if it's "I find big noses unattractive" or "I don't like what you're doing in your game because of my values." If someone disagrees with me I want to know why and I want to know more. A tally of disagrees doesn't give me any insight because there are any number of variables that can be disagreeable.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#172 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 12:56 PM
Well I was taught that there's only two proper ways to deal with bullies and trolls. Either:
  1. You ignore them
  2. You beat the shit out of them
Either one is valid. The latter is more fun, but not entirely practical over the internet.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#173 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 2:08 PM
(There is also "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." Ok, so an ineffective troll isn't really an enemy, and faceless Disagrees are not persecution, but it's good for "target practice" )

I just discovered another really bad simming habit. I got a new computer last November. I still haven't found my serial codes to install the game onto it. So I'm reading Mod the Sims on a computer with no Sims game...

And I just downloaded a new mod for the game.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#174 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:27 PM
I'm going to be so screwed when I get back into TS4 and find out I've missed out on 2+ years of mods, and all the ones that I DO have are hopelessly out of date.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 6:09 PM
I MUST insert one of my pre-existing characters into the game in order to retain interest. Just making up a sim won't keep me in a file for very long.

Speaking of which, I get bored with files before I ever actually accomplish my goals.
Page 7 of 9