Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Carpool & school bus flexibility

by gummilutt Posted 28th Apr 2017 at 10:55 PM - Updated 15th Nov 2017 at 6:53 AM by gummilutt

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 1:55 AM
This is the best thing i ever downloaded, i just deleted my other comment to thank you again, you are the best.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 3:49 AM
I love this idea so much, but I really do want summer and winter/spring vacation. That allows sim kids to invite friends over to play for the day if they are invited before school actually starts. I like the kids to get a head start on building friendships esp those who will become popularity fiends. So if you can get this one compatible you can have my first born child. Thanks for your creativity.
Scholar
#28 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 1:44 PM
I’ll try the load order then And at some point I’ll take a look at alfixes and consider if it’s really worth keeping.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 2:27 PM
@Rosebine Sorry about that, no idea how that happened. I did update the file and I did swap it here, but looks like it didn't swap properly. I've re-uploaded the fixed version, and double checked that the one you get when you download is the updated file.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 4:02 PM
Excellent! No more conflict detected. All good now, Thank you!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#31 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 6:49 PM
FWIW, the Friend Dialog seems to clash with lots of things that in fact are solved by load order.

I noticed my name The mod referenced is really MogHughson's Dress Me Correctly; my version just eliminates the maternity wear portion of it. So if you note in the text that it doesn't conflict, please mention Mog's name before mine. I wouldn't even know how to write custom bhavs and I feel a little awkward taking the credit for it!

I doubt I will use this mod but happy to troubleshoot too! Now if only someone would make it possible to set a sim as the owner of an invisible car, so that they would autonomously walk to work/school.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#32 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 8:35 PM
Yes! I saw it had Mog in its name..so I was really confused. My first post on here, I had to edit it because I said Dress me correctly by Mog. Then I wanted to link the said mod, so Gummi could have a look..this is when I realized..it was your upload! lol.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st May 2017 at 3:43 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 1st May 2017 at 4:43 AM. Reason: Typo
@Rosebine @sandya Conflict with Phaenoh's summer vacation mod has been looked in to and it's not a problem. Load my mod after Phaenohs, and you can use both. The only difference it will make is that Sims won't cheer in whatever context it is they cheer with Phaenoh's mod. They will still cheer for regular snow days. If the cheering is super important to you, I can walk you through fixing it in your game, it's a very minor change.

In fact, I would encourage you to use mine as well. Phaenoh's has not been updated past BV so there's EP stuff missing for you. From a quick glance at the code I would guess apartment residents in the non-active household will be unable to go to school as they do in normal game. There may be other parts changed in FT/AL/MG that I am unaware of that you are missing out on because of Phaenoh's mod not being updated.

To dharden and others that might be waiting on EP compatible versions, sorry for not having uploaded yet as I said I would. I ran in to a problem and have not been able to solve it yet, but I am working on it and will post them as soon as I can.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:26 AM
Is this awesome? Yes! it is. Thank you very much Gummi. Oh and about cheering..it always annoys me when they do. It is sure cute once..but everyday?..So less cheers will be welcome. No thank you, I am not going to try fixing this. lol About apartment non-active..I never see, on a regular basis, non-active children/teen take the bus to school when my playable do. And this is something I would SO love to see. Are you saying that this is caused by Phaenoh's mod? because this is what's happening in my game since..forever. Only some times, will I see a child/teen I am not playing, hop in the bus with my playable. And this might only happen, if my playable was interacting with this other child/teen. Like if only then, the game realized that this other sim was of school age and should hop in the bus as well.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:43 AM
Yep, that's exactly what I am saying You should start seeing them get on the bus with your playables when playing apartments, now it's using my version of the BHAV that includes the code introduced by AL for apartments.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 1st May 2017 at 5:43 AM
This is quite exciting. It gives me hope that eventually my witches will be able to walk or drive with other family members in the future.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st May 2017 at 7:09 AM
@joandsarah77 @lauratje86 Bring friend dialog compatible version now available. You will have to do without the part that gives you only one message about school bus and snow days, but with the compatible version you get to keep the other effects of bring friend dialog. Make sure my mod loads after bring friend dialog.
Alchemist
#38 Old 1st May 2017 at 12:08 PM
Amazing Gummi, job well done indeed, and happy annivesray!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#39 Old 2nd May 2017 at 6:19 PM
I almost never comment nowadays, but this it such a clever and useful mod, I simply had to. Very, very well done!

And thanks for the thanks, you sweetie, you. :lovestruc Don't know about "vast knowledge," but I'm very happy to help. And you'll surpass me in no time if you keep this up!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:03 AM
Thanks this just seems so normal. Love it.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 8:50 AM
I wanted to report a conflict I ran across with Cyjon's Maternity Pay Fix mod:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Sub - Process
Group ID: 0x7F8F4EB6
Instance ID: 0x00002009
Packages Containing This Procedure:
GummiluttOptionalCarpool.package
CJ-MaternityPayFix.package

I'm just going to remove it to use yours instead, but thought I'd let you know just so you'll know.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 4:42 PM
Thank you Miss Puff, I appreciate it! I will let you know if I decide to make a compatible version
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:37 PM
This is something i wanted for years. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 2:17 AM
Aw, thanks a lot for these smart mods! I am afraid that the optional school bus is not working for me, though. I downloaded the version compatible with bring friend dialog, but the bus pass does not appear in misc/general. Only carpool is there. I made sure that I do not have any other mod related to school bus, and no, the only one is bring a friend, which comes with a homework sometimes mod. I tried removing that part, but still not working
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 6:14 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 15th Nov 2017 at 7:40 AM.
@Annorah My apologies. For some reason I forgot to include the bus pass object in the twojeffs compatible version, so that's why it's not showing up for you. If you re-download I have added the bus pass object in the zip, so if you add it to your downloads it should now show up. I must complement you on your timing, I had just realized it was missing and was going to update and I saw your comment. Most impressive

I'd be grateful if someone that uses the bring friend compatible version can report back if the dialogs are showing up correctly. I did test to make sure they did before uploading that version, but sometimes in my game it doesn't. I'm hoping it's just my personal version, because everything looks in order in the uploaded version. But if anyone gets random dialogs please let me know and I will try to fix it.
EDIT: Found the problem. Only afflicts games installed in Swedish. Fixed version now available, so if you had this problem just re-download and it will be fixed.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#46 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 7:38 AM
Very detailed and creative mod, thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to hunt down and document all the conflicts to allow us options on what to take!
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 11:37 PM
Hi! Is there a compatible version for the Mac collection?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 7:52 PM
@DixiexLilly Hi! I'm afraid not. I was going to make one but for some reason the BV-code did not cooperate at all. I plan to come back to it one day and try again, but not sure when that will be. I will let you know if I get it to work at some point

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:31 PM
How in the earth I haven't noticed this before! Just awesome. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 1:32 PM
I have a question regarding this awesome mod! The mother of my household works in the teaching career and thus goes to school to work I suppose. When driving her children to school in the morning, she comes back as well and is thus always late to her own job.

Is there a possibility to have them all just go to what they need to do, does it make sense? or should the kids just take the bus? Just felt like it made sense that she would drive them to school at the same time she went to work as it's all at the same place.
Page 2 of 3