Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED 3-5-18] Simulation Lag Fix updated for 1.40

by duderocks Posted 10th Aug 2017 at 11:19 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2018 at 9:15 AM by duderocks : updated for 1.40

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 114 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 14
Test Subject
#251 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
@fewlines and @katiardguez : I haven't noticed any problems so far (I'm sorry that you are, though...when exactly does it force it back into live mode?).

I added the 1.40 version again to record it but I deleted the caches folder and the localthumbcache.package and now its working fine and able to go to build mode. I think that it was a mistake on my part that even though I had removed the prior version I hadn't deleted the localthumbcache.package like I normally do when adding a newer version of a mod. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#252 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 5:09 PM
Thank you so much for this! You save my Sims 4. Please post a donation link!
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
Okay, sorry for the blanket inclusion.

no, it's ok! i didn't think of it like that--i just wanted to explain how it was (or in this case, wasn't, LOL) in my own game!

i always delete localthumbcache.package when i do any mod changing/updating, too. everything is up to date in my game. and i also tested with this mod on its own.
Forum Resident
#254 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fewlines
no, it's ok! i didn't think of it like that--i just wanted to explain how it was (or in this case, wasn't, LOL) in my own game!

i always delete localthumbcache.package when i do any mod changing/updating, too. everything is up to date in my game. and i also tested with this mod on its own.

Gotcha.

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Instructor
Original Poster
#255 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:21 AM
Just testing some more modifications to the autonomy modes XML. EA really screwed up the autonomy during the C&D patch. :no:
Lab Assistant
#256 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
Just testing some more modifications to the autonomy modes XML. EA really screwed up the autonomy during the C&D patch. :no:

you can say that again! autonomy (or... lack thereof) is *so* messed up.
thank you for all you do, @duderocks.
Test Subject
#257 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
Do you have the UI Cheats Extension mod? Make sure you update that to the latest version.

Yes, I do have UI Cheat Extension Version 1.10.
Test Subject
#258 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:25 PM
Hey duderocks,
what do you think why EA isn't going to fix it on their own =?
Just interested of your opinion ^^

And what's the best way to get into the modding of Sims 4?
Forum Resident
#259 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xTeReXz
Hey duderocks,
what do you think why EA isn't going to fix it on their own =?
Just interested of your opinion ^^

And what's the best way to get into the modding of Sims 4?

EA did not actually break, they changed the interactions for the pack release of the city, they reduced the interval to 5 instead of 10 and reviewed the other delay times accordingly.
People were complaining about slow interactions, at the time of the release of the toddlers I think, it is well before dogs and cats! I watch this xml, they have seen a delay of 0.49 to 0.51 to accelerate the interactions of the Sims.
It must be said that interaction times work on several packs that have different delays, it is very complicated to synchronize all this.
Just for example, the one living in Willow Creek will have different reactions to the one living in Windenburg.
There are differences between each lot.

Some are smaller, like the outdoor for example. So the mod here will react differently depending on where you go in the game. It is not possible to synchronize everything. For my part, it is impossible to satisfy everyone with the scripts of Duderocks, it varies too much from one place to another, there will always be concerns for one or the other. As proof, those who do trades in secret places, it is impossible to put a 100% agreement on all this. EA put the values ​​that go virtually everywhere, but, that slowed down on some lots, there is no mistake. We can only find values ​​to decorate our games, we must look for a long time to find ... Weebl101 had reviewed this time interactions, since he stopped, I do it for me. An easy test, use the script on a public lot and compare the interactions when you go home to the Sims, you will already see a big difference...I forgot a detail, EA must ensure that a lot that supports 20 Sims works as much as a lot that has two, all this is very complicated to do. Many parameters come into play, only one mod can solve that ...
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 6:42 PM
Anyone having problems with today's patch?
Forum Resident
#261 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 12:24 AM
@heidi137: Really? Interesting. I didn't know that it varies that much. (It does help explain a lot of things, and a lot of other things further, actually.)

@duderocks: Thanks for the info. :D

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
#262 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
EA did not actually break, they changed the interactions for the pack release of the city, they reduced the interval to 5 instead of 10 and reviewed the other delay times accordingly.
People were complaining about slow interactions, at the time of the release of the toddlers I think, it is well before dogs and cats! I watch this xml, they have seen a delay of 0.49 to 0.51 to accelerate the interactions of the Sims.
It must be said that interaction times work on several packs that have different delays, it is very complicated to synchronize all this.
Just for example, the one living in Willow Creek will have different reactions to the one living in Windenburg.
There are differences between each lot.

Some are smaller, like the outdoor for example. So the mod here will react differently depending on where you go in the game. It is not possible to synchronize everything. For my part, it is impossible to satisfy everyone with the scripts of Duderocks, it varies too much from one place to another, there will always be concerns for one or the other. As proof, those who do trades in secret places, it is impossible to put a 100% agreement on all this. EA put the values ​​that go virtually everywhere, but, that slowed down on some lots, there is no mistake. We can only find values ​​to decorate our games, we must look for a long time to find ... Weebl101 had reviewed this time interactions, since he stopped, I do it for me. An easy test, use the script on a public lot and compare the interactions when you go home to the Sims, you will already see a big difference...I forgot a detail, EA must ensure that a lot that supports 20 Sims works as much as a lot that has two, all this is very complicated to do. Many parameters come into play, only one mod can solve that ...

It would be great if there would be (maybe =?) a possibility to create scripts for each lot. You are on Plot 1 with script 1, Plot 2 with script 2 etc. (individual scripts).
Do you know maybe how to open all the sims-package files ?
Because I didn't a good program for it yet ... except the paid one's.
Test Subject
#263 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Horni4Elves

I also am having terrible issues with this patch.
It has made things slightly worse for me Than the last patch.

Just hoping there is a new patch in the next few days.
Test Subject
#264 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Horni4Elves

I found that the update caused severe lag and freezing for my game. I did go through my mods to make sure it wasn't something else, and I even deleted caches. A major bummer for me since I play in a pretty large household (more than 8 sims). Pretty please update Love you :lovestruc
Test Subject
#265 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 6:47 PM
Mod is not working. Time goes back (speed = 3) when sims are sleeping and working (rabbit hole).
Forum Resident
#266 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xTeReXz
It would be great if there would be (maybe =?) a possibility to create scripts for each lot. You are on Plot 1 with script 1, Plot 2 with script 2 etc. (individual scripts).
Do you know maybe how to open all the sims-package files ?
Because I didn't a good program for it yet ... except the paid one's.

https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools

We can open all packages via this program, we must follow the update, it is not paid. There is also the S4S Wishes which is good, read the instructions, I use the extractor Scumbumbo to have all the xml, all these programs are completely free and are available to us thanks to the generosity of the creators of those if it can help you. I search for xml manually through my Windows search files that I extracted, when I want to make a change, I do not work the scripts. I leave that to the pros, I'm happy to change my game at my level, I think many do. Zerbu has a program that allows to create traits, it's interesting too, there are many things at our disposal. I hope you find your happiness with these programs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#267 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 6:06 PM
yay thank you
Test Subject
#268 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 2:11 AM
I believe I'm also having increased lag issues :/
Test Subject
#269 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:19 PM
I get that this mod is update, and not to be rude but I dont see any difference with time with this mod and without it. Time is still messed up speeded up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#270 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 6:36 PM Last edited by 03stevensmi : 22nd Mar 2018 at 6:37 PM.
when is there gonna be an update for this. i can't play my sims at all.

...EDIT: 1 Week Later...

Anything? Any News Or Updates?...
Test Subject
#271 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 8:46 AM
Default What Did Ea Do Now?
So, reading through these comments it seems I am not alone with my recent issue. After the latest update my Sims just stand around, NPCs and active Sim. Working in the hospital my Sim wont do anything I tell him to do. Working the veterinarian, same thing....Sims just dont do anything. I did remove what little CC I have and it worked fine, so not sure what the deal is.

I will try this mod and see if it helps any.
Lab Assistant
#272 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 2:18 PM
So, this mod seems to have sims on spa lots freeze. I haven't done a complete vanilla test on this, but removing the mod fixed the problem. Possibly it was a conflict with something else, but I haven't noticed the head-bobbing elsewhere, so my game is going to be lag-fixless for now.

Mods rock my sox.
Test Subject
#273 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 4:06 AM
Currently, this mod decreases your performance (noticeable shuttering on low-end machine), but also improve your sim's autonomy a bit (respond time, interaction, and filling needs). No bugs or conflicting so far.
Test Subject
#274 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:56 PM
I've been seeing some pretty serious lag in some cases after installing the mod. The most note able had been the city living world. Most recently I joined the Science career and am seeing a lot of lag while at that lot. I saw this in the exception log
File "clayifiedsims_simulationfix.py", line 28, in update&#13

I don't know if that may be an indicator of the problem or if another problem caused that to be added to the log.
Test Subject
#275 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 8:01 PM
Sad but it's true. I have a serious simulation problem with this mod 2. Hope it will be updating as soon as possible.
Page 11 of 14