Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 7:04 PM
Default Playing TSM for the first time after TS2
I've always played TS2 but have picked up TSM today in a preowned store. What can I expect? I saw on the back that you can still download custom content for TSM but not sure what the differences are. I know some people use default replacements to turn TS2 into a medieval game but does that mean it has to be a different kind of custom content/mods for TSM? Does testingcheatsenabled work and is gameplay similar? Just waiting for it to install now but I'm worried I won't enjoy it :/
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 10:05 PM
I have an update. I decided to check the game on YouTube, and was really disappointed when I saw how similar it was to sims 3 as ts3 doesn't work on my computer (it even has laggy create a style D: ) but despite the similarities my computer handled it fine and I've spent all evening on quests what a great game! Now I'm just wondering why it wasn't advertised over here in the UK?
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candypopples
I have an update. I decided to check the game on YouTube, and was really disappointed when I saw how similar it was to sims 3 as ts3 doesn't work on my computer (it even has laggy create a style D: ) but despite the similarities my computer handled it fine and I've spent all evening on quests what a great game! Now I'm just wondering why it wasn't advertised over here in the UK?

Glad you're enjoying it. I know the game didn't sell as well as EA had been hoping, so that may be part of why it was not advertised to much in the UK. (A lot of people felt it was not open ended enough for a "sim" game, but also not quest-y/focused enough for an RPG). There are some skins and other CAS CC for TSM that you can find in this forum. The game shares some coding with TS3, so some of the CAS mods (like the breast sliders) for TS3 will work for TSM.

If you click the 'downloads' category of the TSM discussion section, you can find a lot of the mods that people have made.