Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 3:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night
Transferring my Sims3 with all EA Updates and Patches to another computer?
Hey everyone,
So the laptop I play my Sims3 game on is getting old(got it in 2014) so I'm wanting to make a back up of my game data in case my laptop dies on me.. To be more specific, I've got all my game discs so I can re-install the base game and expansions, so I can install it on another computer, but since I'm not sure if EA still supports Sims3, I'm wondering how I could backup all of my patches and updates. Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 3:45 PM
For your games and CC, copy the entire Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder.

If you have any game mods that altered the game data files (installation files) in any way, you'll need to reapply those when you install to your new computer.

For the patches, you can still get the 1.67 superpatch:
Game Help:TS3 Patchingwiki
That includes all patches up to 1.67, so that's all you need.

Your graphics card will obviously be different, so when you run the game for the first time the game will destroy your old options.ini file from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and create a new one. So keep a copy of the old one, and then copy the 'lastdevice = 0;xxxx;xxxx;xxxx' line from the new one to that, and replace it again. That way the game will run with all of your old age settings and game preferences.