Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:14 AM
Default Resolution fix - which EP do I find the file in?
Hi,

Honestly, this isn't what I did (I don't remember what I did) to have the game offer more selections for resolutions before. I've never had to change any files or inner workings. And I'm not preferential to 1920x1080, just not 800x600. But, I've searched and tried changing the GraphicsRules.sgr files in the Pets & Apartment Life files. Neither have worked.

I'm running Sims 2 Double Deluxe. I don't have Seasons installed and AL (or Bon Voyage- not sure which is the latest) is my latest EP. Which GraphicsRules.sgr file do I fiddle with?

I've also tried changing the forceLowResolution from true to false, but it was already "false".

The last time I played it was a fine resolution. The only thing that happened was the disk ejected (by mistake) and I pushed it back in.

Is there something I'm missing without having to go through all this fuffle? I'm grateful for any help. Thanks.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 12:08 PM
I only just did this but my memory... I know it isn't pets. I think it was base game.

Also you downloaded the graphic Rules? https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~