Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 11:59 PM Last edited by RedRose190 : 21st Mar 2019 at 11:51 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] CC Hair and Clothes doesn't show on body shop (not problem with meshes or missing files.)
Hello everyone!
so in the past i was using a large pc with Nvidia graphics and i never had any problems with my sims 2 game graphics inside the game or in body shop.
the first things i want to say is that i am playing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and i know how meshes are working and etc.
Recently i had a new laptop with Windows 10 with 4,00 GB and Intel graphics (Core TM i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz )
i had a little problem with the graphics but with the Graphics Rules Maker everything fixed! (inside the game at least.)
Until then i did not had open the bodyshop and with fixing my game with the Graphics Rules Maker i thought it would automatic fix and any other problem my game had (if the bodyshop had any problem)
So i opened the bodyshop and everything looked fine! (the graphics were little low but ok.. i could work with that) i had instal my old cc and i was making new sims until i noticed that some of my cc (that in the past with my old pc worked just fine) are not shown or they were messed up.. i instaled and new cc to see if it continue and some of them are shown and some of them not...
can anybody help me fix this? Thank you
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 2:13 AM
When you say they are messed up do you mean the thumbnail shows the wrong thing or that you can't see the skins at all when you click on them?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 4:13 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 11th Sep 2018 at 11:01 AM.
Make sure sim detail is high and shaders are on. If your old meshes are high poly and you are now on a chip, it might not be good enough to render everything.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 10:31 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Sep 2018 at 10:58 AM.
It's easier if you take a screenshot of the problem. "Messed up" can mean a lot of things.

Are you sure CC is enabled properly? Sometimes after doing certain changes, and especially if you've recently switched computer, CC may need re-enabling.

Thumbnails could be a problem, particularly if you have default replacements of several things ingame or if the thumbs don't show the right item. If that's the case, delete the files in the "Documents/TheSims2/Thumbnail folder (or just the "CASThumbnails" file, if you only have issues with CAS items). This will regenerate the thumbs for CAS, though loading them the first time might be a little slow.

Make sure the items aren't placed too deep in your Downloads folder. If the file path for a file gets too long, the game can't read the file, and some CC may how up wrong or not show at all. Same if the files have special characters (a-z, 0-9, - and _ are fine, (){}[]() and some others don't cause issues with files not showing but is theorized to cause slower loading, and anything else (@#"%$&'^?=+,. and so on) is a bit touch and go) or extra "." in the filename, or if the folder or files have very long names. This may not have been a problem on your previous computer (if you had a different Windows version, for instance), but it may suddenly be a problem on your new computer. Could even be that your old computer didn't show these files, but your new one does.

You may also want to check if the missing items really do show in CAS but not in Bodyshop. Could still be a problem with missing meshes. Maybe the files previously didn't show in CAS/Bodyshop but do show now.

Another issue can be that shaders are turned off. This can cause certain hairs (4t2 hairs or high-poly hairs) to show up bald.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 3:53 PM
If I remember correctly Graphics Rules Maker doesn't change the bodyshop graphics settings only the game one, you'll have to manually go to Program Files and find Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\ and in there find a folder called Config, in there copy files "Graphics Rules" and "Video Cards" and then go on folder level back and right under the Config folder you'll see folder called CSConfig, open it and paste those files there. When it asks to overwrite say "yes" and that should hopefully fix it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Make sure sim detail is high and shaders are on. If your old meshes are high poly and you are now on a chip, it might not be good enough to render everything.

How can i enable those?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
When you say they are messed up do you mean the thumbnail shows the wrong thing or that you can't see the skins at all when you click on them?

for example the hairs are there with the bald hair icon (i know they are there because i can see their names) and when i put them on the sims they don't show up.
And the clothes are the same exept the only difrence they kinda have an icon but the icon does not shown the exact clothe, it shows only the shoes and naked weird body..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
If I remember correctly Graphics Rules Maker doesn't change the bodyshop graphics settings only the game one, you'll have to manually go to Program Files and find Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\ and in there find a folder called Config, in there copy files "Graphics Rules" and "Video Cards" and then go on folder level back and right under the Config folder you'll see folder called CSConfig, open it and paste those files there. When it asks to overwrite say "yes" and that should hopefully fix it.

i don't know the exact files Graphics Rules Maker fixed.. how can i know what to move there? i move everything?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 10:40 PM
RedRose190 please don't triple post, it's against site rules. If you have more to add use the edit button.

Some sims 4 clay hairs require shaders because they are an integral part of the hair. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...aps_and_Shaders

Sim details are part of your in game graphic settings, under the cog wheels.

Naked weird body clothes sounds like a clash of meshes or something missing linking textures. For example, some clothes are linked so you need the adult and teen recolours, delete one and it messes with another. or it could be you have an item using a Maxis mesh but you defaulted the mesh on another item which caused the second one to look weird. Could be other reasons as well.

I suggest posting pictures here instead of us guessing. In game, close up, as large as possible.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 11:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Sep 2018 at 11:51 PM.
Do some 4t2 clothes also require shaders, perhaps? Some do use unconventional texture sizes and shapes (TS2 uses 512x512 and 1024x1024, TS4 uses sizes from 512x1024 up to 2048x4096).

Anyone knows why some 4t2 items need shaders enabled? Would be nice to know if the issue is avoidable.

The bald heads sounds like a shader issue. Either that, or the ridicolously high poly count some creators operate with - some video cards may refuse to render these hairs (and clothes?) unless shaders are enabled.

Naked bodies with weird meshes can possibly be a shader issue - but it can also happen if the clothes are slaved/repositoried, and the game can't read the master files because they're either unavailable or placed to deep into a subfolder (I've had this happen a few times). That's one of the reasons you should keep attention to the length og folder and file names, because to long file paths can cause this issue.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedRose190
i don't know the exact files Graphics Rules Maker fixed.. how can i know what to move there? i move everything?

As far as I know Graphics rules maker changes only files called "Graphics Rules" and "Video Cards", they're the two that you should copy. I think graphics rules maker makes backup files of both of the files so you'll probably also have something like this in the config folder:

Don't copy the files that have file extension .bak, copy the ones saying .sgr (highlighted in the picture)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
As far as I know Graphics rules maker changes only files called "Graphics Rules" and "Video Cards", they're the two that you should copy. I think graphics rules maker makes backup files of both of the files so you'll probably also have something like this in the config folder:

Don't copy the files that have file extension .bak, copy the ones saying .sgr (highlighted in the picture)

I am very sorry for the late reply i didn't had time to test this out and i just did it.. It worked!! thank you very much!! everything is fine now on bodyshop!
Thank you again!!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 7:14 PM
I'm glad it worked! :D