Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Custom content STILL not working!
Yes, I have read all of the FAQs and I have tried everything they say you can do if the custom content don't work. I have tried to restart the game many times, and checked that the Custom content will show in the catalogs.

I only have the base game right now, and I have downloaded many things, from different sites, and I have downloaded the right meshes for hair and clothes if they needed one. But not ONE of the things I have downloaded wil work, why not?

P.S: I have checked that the downloads will work with just the base game too.

Please help!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:49 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content.

Downloading for Fracking Idiots explains the entire downloading process from start to finish in language designed for people who aren't computer geniuses. Please go through the whole guide before asking any further questions on downloading and installing custom content as pretty much everything you could possibly want to know is explained there - including info for Mac and Vista users.

Getting Custom Content to Show Up explains what to do if you've followed all the instructions in Downloading for Fracking Idiots and your content still isn't showing up, or if content that was showing up fine before suddenly won't show up.
EVERY known solution to getting custom content working is in the above FAQ. If that doesn't fix it, then it's not going to work. There's a lot more than just the custom content dialog in that FAQ though - what about the test content it says to try? How about the Body Shop trick? And editing that one file? Have you tried all that?

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:02 PM
"...what about the test content it says to try? How about the Body Shop trick? And editing that one file? Have you tried all that?"

No, I haven't looked that into all of the links above. So I'm going to do that and update after that Thank you! ^^