Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 11:08 AM Last edited by AMarie345 : 24th Aug 2017 at 12:09 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Animals walking backwards and Sims not going to the correct rooms
I have two kind of strange issues happening.

I just rebuilt my entire house, and now all of my animals walk backwards- through the kitchen, out the back door, into the backyard, before walking forward to do whatever it is they were going to do.
And my horse constantly walks backwards, onto the porch, to roll around.

Meanwhile, my humans will refuse to do anything properly. I tell my mother/wife to teach the kid how to talk, she picks up the toddler, walks out the front door, ALL THE WAY around the house, and sits on the back lawn. When I tried to get her to put the toddler in the highchair, she claimed there was no door.

The cat also tried to look out a window, but he decided the best way to do so was to go outside, to the mailbox, and claim he had no access. My wife/mother Sim did this as well at one point.

I'm wondering if anyone else dealt with these issues and how they fixed them??
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 2:07 PM
Usually the instances you mention are caused by not having adequate room for sims/pets to navigate. This often happens when Move Objects On is used when building and placing objects as well as doors.

Here are some suggestions you might want to consider trying:

You might have unseen objects remaining from your new build. Try going into Edit Town with the buy debug cheat and see if anything shows up where it should not be.
Are all the house walls fully connected?
Replace the doors that are not functioning properly.
Set the Front Door for the lot: On this page see How Do I set The Front Door For A Lot
Check for 2 person jigs using Master Controller Object Stats and flush them if they are listed
Use Master Controller to Reset the lot
Try moving the lot to another location
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Usually the instances you mention are caused by not having adequate room for sims/pets to navigate. This often happens when Move Objects On is used when building and placing objects as well as doors.

Here are some suggestions you might want to consider trying:

You might have unseen objects remaining from your new build. Try going into Edit Town with the buy debug cheat and see if anything shows up where it should not be.
Are all the house walls fully connected?
Replace the doors that are not functioning properly.
Set the Front Door for the lot: On this page see How Do I set The Front Door For A Lot
Check for 2 person jigs using Master Controller Object Stats and flush them if they are listed
Use Master Controller to Reset the lot
Try moving the lot to another location

I went to Edit Town with that, but nothing showed.
I took out a few walls to open it up after I thought some arches were causing the issue, but other than that, every exterior wall is connected- only interior aren't.
I replaced all of the doors, still no luck.
I set the door.
I'm not sure where to find that?
I reset, still no luck.
It won't let me move the lot, just the family.

It's getting extremely frustrating lol I worked so hard on this family
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AMarie345
I went to Edit Town with that, but nothing showed.
I took out a few walls to open it up after I thought some arches were causing the issue, but other than that, every exterior wall is connected- only interior aren't.
I replaced all of the doors, still no luck.
I set the door.
I'm not sure where to find that?
I reset, still no luck.
It won't let me move the lot, just the family.

It's getting extremely frustrating lol I worked so hard on this family

Here's the floor plan, there used to be a back door for the kitchen, but i took it out because they wouldn't stop walking out of it to go into the backyard before doing anything.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 12:08 AM
Alright, I tried all of the suggestions,
however, moving it didn't work. Nothing works.
So, I demolished the entire lot, leveled everything and rebuilt from scratch with a foundation. It appears to be working now.

Thanks for the suggestions, though!