Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 9:33 PM Last edited by luvmebby : 7th Aug 2018 at 4:22 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Cant get CEP to work (with ultimate collection & custom EP's)
when I first got Ultimate Collection I hadn't noticed my CEP wasn't working correctly. it reads the files in the my documents folders for CEP but not the ones in the program files. I have 2 custom EPs it doesn't work with or without them. I checked the potty in every version no recolor option. I tried both the auto installer and the manual versions. I hadn't noticed till I got tired of the bedding and tried to add them having them not show up. I have unistalled and reinstalled all the games with no luck. I did check the paths on the auto installer and they seem to be where they are meant to be. any idea's? the games load fine, just not the CEP. there is no crashing of any kind. even recolors that are meant to be available with the custom EP's do not show up.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\ (3Dsims&Catalog)
I am on windows 10 and running in compatiblitly mode for xp service pack 2 (thats the version I used to run my disks on)
yes I have custom content enabled.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 10:02 PM
manual install; a TXT file tells how to install.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 10:17 PM
This may be a stupid question - but just in case: have you downloaded a new copy of the CEP before reinstalling it? (That works for me with the UC).
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
This may be a stupid question - but just in case: have you downloaded a new copy of the CEP before reinstalling it? (That works for me with the UC).

The Latest is dated 15 May 2009 - CEP v. 9.2.0 released (final update to Apartment Life + More 'stuff pack' objects)

MANUAL INSTALL TO ULTIMATE COLLECTION

b) _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package:
This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).
Example: C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\
but if you have changed the installation path while installing the game, it may be different.

c2) Open the "ProgramFiles" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it, in:
(Program Files)\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
The Latest is dated 15 May 2009 - CEP v. 9.2.0 released (final update to Apartment Life + More 'stuff pack' objects)

MANUAL INSTALL TO ULTIMATE COLLECTION

b) _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package:
This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).
Example: C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\
but if you have changed the installation path while installing the game, it may be different.

c2) Open the "ProgramFiles" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it, in:
(Program Files)\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\

there is no Program files. its program files x86, there is no ea games its origin games. but that is where its installed. the manual and installer both installed it to the correct location for the base game but it still doesn't work. this is why I am so confused. I have never had this problem with the CEP before.
I uninstalled my custom ep's and uninstalled and reinstalled the origin ultimate collection (not the custom EP's) and I am going to try and install the CEP again. but the last two times I have done this did nothing. not on manual install and not on the installer versions
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 12:54 AM
Quote:
there is no Program files. its program files x86...

My computer (Win7) has both folders - but the game is in the x86 one. Just so you don't scratch your head if you happen to have two Program Files folders.

EA Games is where the TS2 games for the CD install versions of the game end up. It's possible the UC has a different folder since it's an Origin game, though. If all the folders with the installed games are inside the Origin folder ("The Sims 2", "The Sims 2 Bon Voyage", etc.) then you're in the right place. If there's ONLY a "The Sims 2" folder, you might be in Documents...

The UC has some different file paths from the regular CD versions, but you should find the files and folders in roughly the same places.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My computer (Win7) has both folders - but the game is in the x86 one. Just so you don't scratch your head if you happen to have two Program Files folders.

EA Games is where the TS2 games for the CD install versions of the game end up. It's possible the UC has a different folder since it's an Origin game, though. If all the folders with the installed games are inside the Origin folder ("The Sims 2", "The Sims 2 Bon Voyage", etc.) then you're in the right place. If there's ONLY a "The Sims 2" folder, you might be in Documents...

The UC has some different file paths from the regular CD versions, but you should find the files and folders in roughly the same places.

hello I am not a noob. what I am saying is the files are exactly where they need to be and the CEP was still not working I even gave you my file path in the original post so you can see I did it right. so now I have unistalled origin and all the games I had on it. deleted every ea folder I had and am reinstalling all of it. I noticed after trying to install the CEP that my origin wasn't working correctly anymore. as it wouldn't allow me to play offline. fingers crossed I am hoping the problem was with origin all along but I doubt it. of course I wont find out till tomorrow because I will be in bed before the games are reinstalled again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:20 AM
Problem solved I hope. the problem was with Origin itself. it somehow got corrupted a while back even before installing the EP's. I noticed it would not let me bring up the drop down menu so I removed everything and reinstalled all of it. the game actually installed faster this time. the CEP is working but not the way CEP says it is supposed to. it says there should be two images of the potty bottom and top. but there is only one but a recolor is now next to it. so it seems to be working. what I am worried about is how long can I play with it, before Origin becomes corrupted again. It seems Origin itself doesn't agree with the CEP so like before I will likely have my recolors disapear one at a time until once again none work like before. I wonder if its possible for Origin to include a supported CEP with the Ultimate Collectio when downloading the game on origin?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 5:51 AM
its fine if you disagree with me but at least explain why?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luvmebby
Problem solved I hope. the problem was with Origin itself. it somehow got corrupted a while back even before installing the EP's. I noticed it would not let me bring up the drop down menu so I removed everything and reinstalled all of it. the game actually installed faster this time. the CEP is working but not the way CEP says it is supposed to. it says there should be two images of the potty bottom and top. but there is only one but a recolor is now next to it. so it seems to be working. what I am worried about is how long can I play with it, before Origin becomes corrupted again. It seems Origin itself doesn't agree with the CEP so like before I will likely have my recolors disapear one at a time until once again none work like before. I wonder if its possible for Origin to include a supported CEP with the Ultimate Collectio when downloading the game on origin?

No idea as to why you have problems with CEP, as far as I know no one else has them. I do hope that it works correctly for you now though.

I am sure however that it is not possible for Origin to include a supported CEP as EA no longer supports The Sims 2 as far as I know and EA does not actually have the rights to the CEP. Since The author of the CEP is not active any more there will be no updates forthcoming and so i would say that the chances of an updated CEP being included with Origin is less than slim to none.

BTW was not me who disagreed.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:26 AM
This is how I always envisage the phantom disagree-er:

BTW, the creator of the CEP, @Numenor , is still active here.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:07 PM
Glad it works now.

Just for the record: you misunderstood me. I suggested that you should download a new copy of the latest updated version and install that instead of installing it again from an updated version that may be on your computer - because that works on my system - when I have to redo things due to Origin updates, I need to download a new copy of the last updated version and install it again.