Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 2:55 PM
Default How do I post a tutorial?
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post, but where exactly can I post a tutorial? Because when I try posting one in the modding discussion it doesn't let me, so I'm just thinking maybe I have to make one first in the Sims wiki? But then again, I don't see any "post tutorial" or anything. Again, sorry if this was the wrong place, but I'd be grateful if anybody could help me, unless I'm just not allowed to post tutorials.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:01 PM
Hi @TheSweetToddler !

Basically what we do is we look over the tutorial (that is, the staff that is assigned to do so in the create forums) and check whether it's a tutorial to begin with. Reason why it is sort of off limits is mainly to keep things organised and making sure that people who have questions about a specific tutorial don't accidentally post it in that thread

So, basically what you do is you make a post in Create. To make it easier to be found is having something called Tutorial: How to... So people can easily identify it's a tutorial and we'll look it over and move it! If you leave the link here, we're happy to look it over!

Hope this helps!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:03 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 3rd Sep 2018 at 11:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hi @TheSweetToddler !

Basically what we do is we look over the tutorial (that is, the staff that is assigned to do so in the create forums) and check whether it's a tutorial to begin with. Reason why it is sort of off limits is mainly to keep things organised and making sure that people who have questions about a specific tutorial don't accidentally post it in that thread

So, basically what you do is you make a post in Create. To make it easier to be found is having something called Tutorial: How to... So people can easily identify it's a tutorial and we'll look it over and move it! If you leave the link here, we're happy to look it over!

Hope this helps!

Ah, thanks @Lyralei! So I just post a tutorial in the modding discussion, and if it's good enough it'll go to the tutorials area? That's cool, I'll get posting one now

Edit: the tutorial's up : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=617596

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 10:40 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered