Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 6:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Aging sim by few days?
So I have this couple but I really want the guy to be a few days older than the female. Idk if that is possible? I really don't wanna move him out of The house >_>
Is there a cheat or shall I just live with how it is?

I build small houses *^*
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 6:52 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Apr 2017 at 7:07 PM.
You can age sims by days with mods like the Insimenator, probably also the SimBlender and the Sim Manipulator (Insim and links for the other two here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100226.0.html)

(Just be warned that the Insmenator and SimBlender are no longer supported (meaning issues won't be fixed), but they are compatible with AL/M&G and the Ultimate Collection. I've used both of them for several years).

I do recommend not aging them up to more than a couple of days before their next birthday, because aging them up by day can occasionally mess up the birthday if it's the same or the next day. Hope that made sense...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 7:06 PM
Now it makes me wonder how it work. Since you have used it can you tell me just so I might can find out of if I find it welleasy or difficult

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 7:11 PM
I'm not sure with the two other mods, but with Insim you can either use one of the parts of the machine (can't remember which), or the "temporal adjustor" (looks like an hourglass). http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...mporal_Adjustor - it's the "age days left" option.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 8:44 PM
If you have SimPE, you can also just edit the number of days left in that field in the "Overview" folder.

I recently caved and put SimBlender into my game, hoping it would make adding the LGU parents easier (it didn't), and found that it has the option to "age by three days," under the aging pie menu. So basically the same as drinking elixir in red aspiration.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 9:19 PM
Insim has aging by one and three days, if I remember correctly. You can both add and subtract days.

What is LGU parents?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 10:21 PM
The parents I made for the Land Grant University sims. It was tedious moving them in, teleporting over their children to establish a relationship, fiddling with their skills, and then needing to close the game and open SimPE to set the relationships, ages, jobs, and job levels. I was hoping SimBlender would let me set the relationships, but as in CAS adults can't be set as parents to other adults and since I was going to have to go into SimPE to do that anyway I didn't bother exploring the job options, or upping the ages in increments of three when I could just type a number into that field.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 10:29 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Apr 2017 at 10:41 PM.
Without saying it for sure, I think you should be able to use the Family Tree portion of Insim to set family relationships however you want, but it can be a little tedious to get it right, and there's no options for other relationships than children and spouses, and the "family relation" option (meaning being in family but having no particular relation, so aunt/uncle/niece/whatever). http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...tor/Family_Tree. I once managed to break a family tree by having fun with it (squares overlapping, and all kinds of weird relationships going on), so be a little careful. Backing up the neighborhood first is a good idea.

I've always found Insim to be superior over SimBlender, but that's a personal opinion. They do have mostly the same options, but Insim does have a few extra nifty stuffeths that Simblender does not have. I'm also more used to it, since I've been using it for around 10 years. I have so far not tested the SimManipulator, but it seems to be a mix of the two above, possibly with some other options.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 10:41 PM
I can do everything I want to with relationships in SimPE (except that the SimPE on my game computer is wonky; really need to figure that out so I don't have to keep carrying files across the hall), but since I was doing this all at once - six families, yipes, what was I thinking?! - keeping track of who needed what done once I was out of the game was a pain.

Always back up the game before doing something like this; it should be automatic.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 7:31 PM
There is also an aspriation reward you could use. If your aspiration level is low, the elixir of life will make you 3 days older
Theorist
#11 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 8:11 PM
Personally, I found SimManipulator does more than Blender, but Blender has a few things I like better. I don't touch SimPE or Insim. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.