Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 8:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is there a reason why my Plantsims don't have face?
I never cared about them before today, while I need to test my new mesh. So I downloaded default plantsim skintones. (regular skingtone won't fit good on my new mesh.)
Well, only the body shows green, not their face.
I opened the package in SimPE, and the face textures are all there.
I tried with 2 different defaults with the same results.
What could prevent them from showing up?
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 9:39 AM
Maybe the face textures are incorrectly linked to the TXMTs. Could also be you have a mod or another plantsim skin that interferes with the one that shows up.

Do you have a link to the skins? Makes it easier to figure out what's wrong.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 10:30 AM
Do other plansim skintones work correctly on that sim?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 12:13 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 24th Apr 2017 at 1:56 PM.
I tried these.
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=67683
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=76915
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=277157
I have not try other on that sim. I have 2 sims, the mom and the sprout. Both have the same problem.
I read somewhere that it can happen because of eye brows? So i change their appearance, and took them off. No luck.
I do not really care, but I need good pictures..and plantsim without face does not equal good pictures.
I'll try again, in a cc free game, with just my mesh, and the DR skin. And, I'll try without the DR.

Ok, so tried with and without plantsim default, and with and without normal S1 default.
Same deal again. So this happen with the EA plantsim skin as well, in my game. I even made them having no eye brows to be sure.

So, I am giving up, I have way too many other things to care about and this is just a what the hack? moment. When I'll be ready and need a toddler plant sim..I'll ask someone to help me with picture. The end!
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:36 PM
Just out of curiosity, have you tried any non-sexyfeet skins that are purely texture defaults? This is probably not the problem if the issue happens without any default skins, though.

One thing you can try is to cure them of being plantsims, and then turn them back. This mod might be helpful in that: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=283201

You should also try to delete the cache files, because they can sometimes mess up Bodyshop-related textures and meshes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:44 PM
1- like you said, it happens with the game's default.
2-this is the mod i use to turn them and i already tried cure and back..and back and cure.
3-I do this systematically, whatever the game I place.
It is mysterious, I tell you.
Last thing i could try, would be to remove all Bloom's sexyfeet default meshes, and my edits, and see if plantsims now works.
These are the only CC (bodyshop related) I have in this game.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 4:05 PM
I've just noticed that there's a mesh gap in the back of the toddler's neck. That suggests you've still got a mesh replacement in there, which may be what's causing the problem - perhaps it's been installed somewhere in program files, if you've tried taking out all your CC?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 4:16 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 24th Apr 2017 at 5:13 PM. Reason: adding pics & info
No toddler plantsim -skirt replacement in program files. As I never play them. That I am sure.
Yes, the toddler plant sim skirt mesh is my own edit of Bloom's, so is a default replacement. The adult plant sim is the adult female nude default of Bloom's (I have not edited any other age than toddler)
So mine or his..there seems to be a problem for the Plant-people.
I'll remove all sexyfeet meshes from this game, and try again, then.
In the meantime..if anyone else is using Bloom's sexyfeet..that would be useful if you could confirm that plantsims works in your game, or not!. So I'll know if I just downloaded bad files, or if they got corrupted as I was downloading them, or what.

So it still happens, without ANY defaults.
I tried first, with just my mesh edits of Bloom's (pubodynaked, pubodydiaper, pubodyleafy) and my pubodyleafy-skirt-green texture replacement.
I got all other sexyfeet out. See pic1
Then I got my own edits out, leaving just EA's...same deal.
Yes, I cured them both, then replant them (kindof a pun, intended) See pic2
Nysha, there is also a gap between neck & head on EA's as well, I thought you meant where the end of body neck meets head..but the gab is not on the body mesh, but on the head part, where it meets the face mesh. I haven't edit either of them. So my body mesh or EA's...the gab is elsewhere. See pic3.
And for a laugh, well yeah..I also need an alien toddler... See pic4
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 10:44 PM
How weird. Have you tried in a new hood? Do you have a replacement Freetime subhood default? If you never use plantsims, perhaps your Hobbies subhood is corrupted but you never noticed before. Try adding the cleaned up Freetime template and/or reverting to EA's template and spawning a new hood.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 10:53 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 26th Apr 2017 at 11:07 PM.
This is a new Hood. I would not even know which is FT subhood..or its name. lol
Where do I find a FT replacement if I have one, program files? I know I have stealth hoods...
Ok, so in programe files, I have F001 in my UnwantedNeighborhoods folders. so yes. I do have replacements.
You want me to try switching them? use the F001 in that folder, which is the original, with the empty clean one?
And why FT? Plantsims aren't from Seasons?
Oh..I have another question, I do have a EA Games folder backup(from program file(86))
Should I try it? (deleting the current one, then pasting the backup)
Both are 14.7 gig.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:51 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Apr 2017 at 1:03 AM.
Have you tried without any CC at all? Some custom skins and hairs can cause troubles with skin overlays.

Also try to make other sims into plantsims while playing without CC. That way you'll know if it's just that particular lot, or if it's a game-wide problem.

Before you start mesing about with replacing any files in Program FIles, you should check the Seasons folder in Program Files, and see if any of the Objects or Sims files in Res has been changed recently. (Path should be something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\3D). Mine all say 2007 (I have all EPs as single CDs). If they're not changed, they should have roughly the same date and time stamp.

Unless I misread, you don't say if you have the Ultimate Collection. If nothing else works, you may want to try a "fix game" via Origin.

(If you're afraid of corruption from missing critical fixes/hacks, you should do a backup of the entire "The Sims 2" folder in Documents before doing any of the above, before you go ingame).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 1:09 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 27th Apr 2017 at 2:06 AM.
I already said this happening without any bodyshop related CC. This is a folder in which I am testing my new map, so besides the few things I am testing there is nothing in there.
(the bodyshop content i am testing, was also removed from the game, and it happened, still)
I have disk version. I switched with my backup, same thing happened.
Everything says 2007, here too.

So..this is very strange. I went to play in Riverblossom Hills, first time loading this Hood in years...went to the Greenman's, Rose and Daisie are green all over, face included.
I then made Jason plant, used debug to..bug plants, have him spray them until he becomes a plantsim. He kept his normal face.
I cured Rose..turned her again, she kept her face too..so no plantsim face for her either.
I would not know where to look next.
@simsfreq you mentioned Free Time? Why...should I revert to the original F001 or not?
This is one thing I have not try.

I am trying to make sense of what i can find online..not much I'd say.
here, if you scroll all the way down, last reply is exactly what i am having..no solution though.
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:PlantSim

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:40 AM
Sounds like something got switched somewhere. If your objects.package is the right date, I don't know what else to suggest.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:49 AM
Any CC lurking in your saved sims folder or installation files?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:43 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 27th Apr 2017 at 2:47 PM.
Savedsims, no. And besides jawusa's Stealth hoods, and I have probably cleaned, replacement for N001, Noo2-3 because i have the originals in a renamed folder in my Base game files. (program files)
I just do not remember from whom...
So No cc lurking..
Me neither maxon, so I went and download unlocked plants sim skins, and unlocked plantsim hair...incase i really need that for pictures. I never cared about plant people, but now that it seems broken in my game..I want them. lol
Editing againdammit,
I was reading this new thread about werewolf sims..and I remember that it happens with that skin too.
In my old Hood, I had a graveskeeper, Raoul. Every time I saw a wolf, I would cheat it/move in. At some point, he got bitten...and his normal skin face showed up in all my playables' friends thumbnails. I went back to play him many times, switching from his household and my other playables. Only body skin would show up. Raoul kept his normal face.
That is...worrying.(worrisome?)

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#16 Old 5th May 2017 at 3:45 AM
have you tried changing appearance in the mirror?

It really sounds like a program files problem, if it is happening in essentially vanilla games.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:54 AM
Yes, changing appearance was the very first thing I tried
Maybe I could reinstall.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 5th May 2017 at 3:55 PM
Sorry - you're totally right that Plantsims came with Seasons. Okay. Then I'd try reverting your Seasons subhood, which is called Weather or G002.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:55 PM
Thank you, I'll try that.
Ok..wait a sec. In my Seasons/TsData/Res/User data I have a folder named UnwantedNeighborhood and there is a G001 in this..which is the original..
otherwise, the G002 I have in TsData/Res/Neighborhood template has not been touched.
So..should I revert back to the original G001 you think?