Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 5:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Road ends and SC4 help!
I am having such a hard time with road ends.
I am trying to end a road in such a way, that I can place a 1x1 lot. But of course, I cannot just end it straight, it has to be round...and then no lot can be placed.
I found this , and thought I would follow it. Well, it does not seem to work! TS2 does not cut these parts, or..I am lame at doing this. I tried *elbows* at both ends..nope. It still ends round in TS2.
There must be a trick?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 9:56 AM
Can't you add road with Lot Adjuster? (Never tried it as so far the need's not come up for me, but thought I saw somethin like that sayin on there)

The other option is to do as your link says and to open the sc4 in Sim City. However, I think you want this done for a hood already in play .. yes?

Sorry I prob wasn't much help :P
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I am having such a hard time with road ends.
I am trying to end a road in such a way, that I can place a 1x1 lot. But of course, I cannot just end it straight, it has to be round...and then no lot can be placed.
I found this , and thought I would follow it. Well, it does not seem to work! TS2 does not cut these parts, or..I am lame at doing this. I tried *elbows* at both ends..nope. It still ends round in TS2.
There must be a trick?

Are you using two different roads in SC4 to make the bends?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 1:58 PM
Could you screencap what you're doing in SC4?

The different-looking roads at the ends in Criquette's tutorial are streets, which S2 doesn't read. So first you lay down your road, then you switch to streets (which can handle less traffic but are cheaper in SC4) to lay down the ends. Since S2 can't see the streets, the shape you make with them doesn't matter as long as they hook up to the end of the road you want to be squared-off. So you import it into Sims2, and the game ignores the street, but also doesn't get the code signal to make the round end, so it doesn't.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 2:44 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 29th Apr 2017 at 3:05 PM.
Oh..did I miss this in Criquette's image? There is no mention of switching type of road...I thought the ends were paler, to make us notice a difference...
But these are actually different type? Duh...lol
Thank you Calibrat, no..sorry I am making a new map from scratch in SC4. This is not a TS2 map me is working on. So Maxon..no. I am only using R for roads. Thank you. I would not even know how to switch to another type. Must learn though, as now I get what Criquette is doing..Thank you again, Peni. Now it make sense.
I could screen cap what I am doing in SC4, but now I think it is obvious. I am not using Streets at the end, I am still using Roads..so this is why TS2 does not cut it off.
How do you switch to Street? Alt + r! yay! lol

Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 3:13 PM
There's a bit of a learning curve on SC4! I always use the buttons on the left to pick the things I'm laying down. It has little mouse-over tags to explain what you're getting. I had no idea there were macros, and wouldn't be able to remember them all if I had.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 3:15 PM
Well, it works now of course! Now how do you add terrain paint? lol..Ok, maybe not. Thanks again. me should be all fixed now.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 7:02 PM
Apart from the roads and the shape of the terrain, I'd add everything else in TS2 once you import the map. Also bear in mind the following:

The map gets turned around and appears in TS2 the opposite way round - at least it always did for me. I had to make everything backwards to the way I wanted it (the switch is left to right).

When you place roads down in SC4, a space between roads of 1 tile will produce a gap of three tiles in TS2, a space of 2 tiles > five tiles and so on. Roads immediately next door to each other in SC4 will have a gap of 1 tile. If you want to build a town-like map, you need to put the roads close together.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 7:15 PM
Oh yes..that I have already experienced...
I am only adding roads in SC4. Everything else will be added in game, yes.