Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 1:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Roof glitch
Hello everyone.. I couldn't find any results to solve my problem... the point is.. whenever I build a roof, it splits through the wall and appears inside the room of the house.. I did try everything to solve it.. but anything worked. Does anybody know how to fix it? Much appreciated! I'm anexing a picture of the bug. Thanks!

Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 2:05 AM
Roofs going into rooms is just how sims 2 is, you can't fix it. You can try other roofs or you can build dummy levels so your roof is higher, but sims 2 has limited roofing abilities.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 2:08 AM
You should not see roof inside if you do it properly. Add roof while on the proper level usually makes a roof disappear from inside, once you go up a level or else. When you play in live mode, you should not see them.
My second entry, Round 2..I had this happening. I could see the roof poking above the staircase corridor. Then I remembered what Peni gave for advices about roof. So I am passing it on.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:55 AM
Once your on level it should disappear, but I think they are talking about it being there at all, you can't stop it and if you know of a trick to prevent it please share Rosebine.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:49 PM
Well, when you place them, they seem to be poking in yes...I have no trick for this.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2017 at 6:04 AM Last edited by gazania : 4th May 2017 at 8:04 AM.
I just saw this on a quick build I was working on to test something. I got the same result. In my case, I was trying to connect a section covered by a long -gabled roof with a section having a short-gabled roof.

As far as I know, there isn't an obvious solution for this. I just went the cheap and easy route (since this was a quick build), and put a dummy wall on it, since it was bugging me at the moment and I could get away doing this without sacrificing routing or appearance. I'm starting to think that if the poking roof is bothersome to you, a dummy level or wall may be one solution.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th May 2017 at 9:57 AM
Seems normal to me.