Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 7:09 PM
Default Community lots crash my game
Over the span of the 10-12 years I've had TS2, I have gone through 3 computers. All were/are perfect for gaming according to the specs. But one thing in common with all three PCs? Visiting community lots often crashes the game. They can be completely unmodified Maxis lots, modified Maxis lots, or CC lots. - the crashing does not discriminate. I rarely have this problem with residential lots, no matter how much CC I have, no matter how many people are on the lot, etc. I just re-installed TS2 on my latest PC about 2 months ago, and sure enough, my teen got to the community park OK, was able to do many things and interact with other Sims, but the second I sent her home, crash! This is exactly how it would happen with other PCs. Any ideas? I don't want all my Sims to have to be homebodies :-(.

goderguy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 7:24 PM
Portal problem maybe?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Portal problem maybe?

Could you elaborate? I'm not sure what the conflict is/has been.

goderguy
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 10:07 PM
Did you try loading (and saving) the lots without taking a sim there (i.e. in build mode)?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Did you try loading (and saving) the lots without taking a sim there (i.e. in build mode)?

Yes I have, nothing adverse happens. At least with my old computers, it really didn't matter which lot. So far, with the current one, it's the big woodland park in Pleasantview.

goderguy
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 10:37 PM
Try a game regeneration. One time I had that issue, doing that fixed things.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#7 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 11:09 PM
I had the very same thing with this (win 8.1) and old computer (win 7). But after doing these things suggested by Jessa, I haven't had a single crash ever again (knocks the wood).

http://digitalperversion.net/garden...p?topic=21931.0 (I used the 4gb patch mentioned at page 5 of the topic)

May not be the same issue with OP, but that stopped my game crashing every darn time I entered a bigger communitylot than 1x1

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by goderguy
Could you elaborate? I'm not sure what the conflict is/has been.

No..sorry I cannot elaborate Since your sims seems to have trouble getting there or going back home, I assumed, it has to do with the portal not the lots...but I have no clue how it works. I never played with CC portal either. It just seemed logical to me?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)