Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 4:37 PM Last edited by Angelique : 30th Apr 2017 at 4:48 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 UC - CC not showing up with lots
Hi,

I'm a long time TS2 simmer, I know my way around pretty well.
I got Ultimate Collection on my new computer and started working on my new Downloads folder. Body Shop content with downloaded Sims shows up fine, but NO CC shows up with lots. The downloaded lots are there in the bin, just no CC in them. All CC is just replaced with base game content.

CC that I have manually installed shows up fine too.

I have checked so that Clean Installer puts the stuff in the right place, and so it does. The CC for the lots are in the Downloads folder, in its neat little subfolder.
I've installed CEP.

Here's a crappy snapshot, just so you can see what it looks like. This is Allisas' 70 Middle Lane:

Notice the hillarious floating bookcase. I'm guessing it's the CC invisible placemats.

Anyone who recognizes this and can help?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:22 PM
I use UC and that has never happened to me, so UC is not the problem. I am going to assume that you have downloaded meshes where necessary and that you have the latest copy of the Clean Installer which is compatible with UC.

Because of that, I would guess that your computer does not read the cc for some reason. You say the cc is in a subfolder, so perhaps the path is a little long. Try to put the cc in its own folder and give it a short name. It is at least worth a try
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st May 2017 at 9:20 PM
A basic one but always worth checking - did you enable CC in the start up screen and restart the game?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2017 at 11:14 PM
Her other cc does show up, it is only those that included with lots.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd May 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Her other cc does show up, it is only those that included with lots.

Yeah but some CC turns up anyway even without CC enabled. EAxis set it to only exclude CC that does certain things (change game code behaviour for example, which is why nearly all hacks get disabled until you turn that on). Things like skins will turn up anyway because EAxis considered them 'safe'. I asked that because she was talking about UC and it sounds like a new install. People forget to enable CC quite often in that situation.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2017 at 8:26 PM
Hi!
Thank you very much for response!

It did work to move .package files from the sub folders to Downloads! ...sort of! Some items still flash blue, that usually don't have missing mesh problems, but I'm pretty sure I can fix that by re-downloading stuff.

It seems the game will only pick up 1 level of sub folder. At least when it comes to objects that come with lots Very strange, I never had these issues with my previous games.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2017 at 9:09 PM
Flashing blue meshes means they are slaved/repositoried meshes, and that they need the master mesh to work properly.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd May 2017 at 10:35 PM
It might be to do with the length of the filenames - if the total filename (C:/Users/YourName/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Downloads/SubfolderName/Filename.package) is longer than 256 characters, the game won't read them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2017 at 11:38 PM
That makes sense, especially as "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (tm)" is much longer than "The Sims 2"!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:08 PM
Glad it helped I have noticed with the UC that it pays to have shorter paths. (@maxon - I did not realise that, thank you for the info ).