Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 7:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CAW EiG not Working
(Sorry if I'm not posting this in the right place- I got a bit confused.)

So I've had this problem for a few days now (ever since I installed it) and I just haven't been able to figure out what the problem is. Basically I'll run the program, open my world (I've tried starting a new world too) and go to edit in game, but when I click it the screen goes blue/purple like it's loading, but then instead of running the game it just reloads the world ad nothing happens, no loading, no freezing, nothing...

I've tried so many things from removing the program entirely and reinstalling, to turning off my antivirus, running the Sims 3 and CAW as administrator, removing mods from the game, (as I mentioned before) starting a new world from scratch and I've run out of ideas.

My PC is new, 6GB RAM, 678GB hard disk space and quad core. I don't think it really makes a difference with this issue, though.

Please help me! I really want to finally get back to building my world. Dx
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PianoAshes

So I've had this problem for a few days now (ever since I installed it) and I just haven't been able to figure out what the problem is. Basically I'll run the program, open my world (I've tried starting a new world too) and go to edit in game, but when I click it the screen goes blue/purple like it's loading, but then instead of running the game it just reloads the world ad nothing happens, no loading, no freezing, nothing...

I've tried so many things from removing the program entirely and reinstalling, to turning off my antivirus, running the Sims 3 and CAW as administrator, removing mods from the game, (as I mentioned before) starting a new world from scratch and I've run out of ideas.

My PC is new, 6GB RAM, 678GB hard disk space and quad core. I don't think it really makes a difference with this issue, though.

If you are patched to 1.42, there's a good chance that's the problem. A lot of people have reported EIG issues, and I have them too. In my case, I can get EIG to load maybe 1 out of 5 times, so persistence was key, lol. I had tried everything before someone told me it was the patch! I reinstalled the game, reinstalled CAW, started my world over, everything.
Alchemist
#3 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PianoAshes

Did you remember to make your TS3WEP08.exe and CAW.exe files LAA (Large Address Aware)? And did you check that you're not experiencing a DEP crash?

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...e_Address_Aware
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...tion_Prevention