Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 9:40 AM
Default How can I generate all different students and professors for uni campus?
As I play the different worlds and have Sims go through university, it gets rather dull to always meet the same students and professors regardless which world I play the university campus from. Is there a way to renew the students and professors so that my Sims get to meet different ones? Is there a mod that allows to wipe out/kill all the old students and professors pool so that new/different ones will be created? Or how can this be accomplished?

I use awesome mod and have tried therapture command which wipes out any humans except the one you are controlling (if you have made that Sim 'chosen'). This doesn't seem to make the game create any new students or professors though. The campus just stays empty and no one will come to the student union gathering at the beginning of the term.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 1:42 PM
What I usually do is use nraas's edit in cas with master controller and don't filter out the people. I select any sim I recognize and then take them into cas and do a combo of randomize, rename, and restyle. They'll retain their subjects and social groups, so keep that in mind when you redo them, but that's always been the easiest way for me to see new faces.

You could also easily do this with in game cheats and just select any sim you see. The difference with doing it with nraas is that you can do the entire town at once instead of trying to hunt them down.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 6:19 PM
However you've emptied the world out, the game is supposed to detect when there aren't enough (or any) fellow students and professors in Uni World somewhere before or around the time of Sunday morning's Meet & Greet and send batches of new ones over. As you have seen, that doesn't always work.

I use NRaas StoryProgression's Rapid Immigration to fill a world like that, it works the same in Uni World as any other except I find that they all land in off-campus houses. I have to move students around with MasterController to get the dorms and frat/sorority houses populated, then call for more with Rapid to refill some of the houses. I also have to promote some students to professors, one in each major, but that's easy also with MC as a professor is just a Career Level 2 Uni Student. Does AM have any of these capabilities?
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 7:19 PM
@igazor, if you repopulate like that, how do you do about fleshing out the social groups? Individually, or do you have a way of generating a random distribution of skill points across the new crowd?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
@igazor, if you repopulate like that, how do you do about fleshing out the social groups? Individually, or do you have a way of generating a random distribution of skill points across the new crowd?

Honestly, I don't bother, just let everyone start over at zero and have NRaas StoryProgression take over. But usually I don't empty out Uni World all at once. Maybe 1/3 or 1/2 at a time, so some of them are always returning students from a previous semester. I could see where that wouldn't make much sense if the player is returning there after an entire generation or more has gone by, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 8:14 PM
Thank you very much for your thoughts and ideas - I will bring them to use in my game