Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 9:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Backing up and restoring expansions
I was wondering if it's possible to back up and restore expansions that were installed by disc. I want to install them on a computer that has a broken disc drive, but I have really bad internet and can't just download them off of origin.

I installed them using the discs and all the guides seem to only work for downloaded games. Is there a way of moving the files over so I can install them or will I have to try and download them?

Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 11:21 PM
Theoretically there should be a way to do this, but you will find yourself tripping over the game's DRM all over the place and then it probably just won't work. Wouldn't the path of less resistance be to acquire an external CD/DVD drive? They really don't cost very much these days.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:31 AM
Yeah your right, it just takes a few weeks to get anything. Thank you.