Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 6:28 AM
Default Sending children/toddlers to daycare?
Is it possible to do?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 8:13 AM
I think it's only possible to run a daycare but not actually send your own kids to daycare. I've never actually tried either of these, but I did read about some complaining about this issue.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:21 PM
Isn't it only toddlers in the day care profession anyway? I haven't reached the top of it yet but I've only seen toddlers so far. If that changes later, it'd be pretty win.

But yeah, like the poster above I don't think there's a way to boot your toddlers out the door and go PISS OFF TO DAY CARE I'M BUSY
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 1:27 AM
Is it possible to make a daycare on a different lot?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:03 AM
You can't send your own household's children/toddlers/babies to daycare, the only daycare available is the profession you're able to start on your home lot. But if you switch active households to say.. A family who's toddler goes to your daycare everyday, it acts like that daycare doesn't exist. :/ Rather silly, really.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Isn't it only toddlers in the day care profession anyway? I haven't reached the top of it yet but I've only seen toddlers so far. If that changes later, it'd be pretty win.

Yeah, you get kids in levels 4 and 5, IIRC.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 8:37 AM
It would be nice if a mod maker made this ideal happen and give us a daycare rabbit hole we could drop our children off at while we work.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 9:40 AM
What do you mean? Is it possible to send kids to daycare? Yes, it is. The most important problem is to choose a reliable one. We went to a kindergarten before the pandemic, but my kid did not like that, he cried every morning, but we could not stay him alone while we were at work. When the pandemic started and the daycare closed, our kid was so happy about that. Actually, we were not as happy as he was. We started to find a new daycare. Our friend recommended Little Scholars child early education Brooklyn. You won't believe it, but Tim enjoys every day he spends there. He does not want to leave it, and he wakes up early in the morning to go there.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clawz
What do you mean? Is it possible to send kids to daycare? Yes, it is. The most important problem is to choose a reliable one. We went to a kindergarten before the pandemic, but my kid did not like that, he cried every morning, but we could not stay him alone while we were at work. When the pandemic started and the daycare closed, our kid was so happy about that. Actually, we were not as happy as he was. We started to find a new daycare. Our friend recommended Little Scholars child early education Brooklyn. You won't believe it, but Tim enjoys every day he spends there. He does not want to leave it, and he wakes up early in the morning to go there.

euhm...It's about the game, not rl.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 8:02 PM
I believe Nrass Go here mod has settings to allow children to be sent to day care. Though I've never played around with them to know for sure how they work. It might only apply to inactive familys.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gittevdv
euhm...It's about the game, not rl.

and a thread that has been dead for years ....
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 4:43 AM
I'm reviving this thread because I have exactly the same question. I tried googling and could not find an answer. All I could find are dead ends - like the Tiny Prodigies lot being flagged by NRaaS Story Progression as unsuitable to use. I do not use rotational play and I don't want to play as the daycare provider.

I am playing the Homeless Challenge and using Riverview. My sim is in the early stages of the singing career. I selected a completely empty lot and my sim does not have enough money to build any room on her lot. (She also does not have enough money to hire the babysitter). She sleeps in bathrooms at Dogwood Playland, the abandoned junkyard and the bathrooms of the Riverview Fish Hatchery.

She has recently had a baby, which has aged up to become a toddler. I want to use the Kiddie Corner (Daycare House) from MTS as the daycare where my sim can drop off her toddler and start earning an income. I cannot get my Singer to deliver singing telegrams even when I literally put the toddler at her feet.

Has anyone found a way to do this and if so, how?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 12:36 PM Last edited by ani_ : 6th Dec 2022 at 4:22 PM.
Well you could just take the toddler to the lot where the daycare is, switch to the daycare family and add the toddler to that family. Then switch back to the mom. Then when you are done for the day you can reclaim the baby by adding them again to the mom's household.

I use awesome so switching families is as easy as right clicking the family I want to switch to (but it's not hard with nraas either).
And adding a sim to the active family is as easy as testing cheats enabled + shift click the sim you want to add (for this I'm not sure if this is an awesome interaction or default EA).
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Dec 2022 at 6:29 AM
Ani, you are a genius!

I was curious about the settings in the NRaaS Go Here mod and through a different combination of search words with a different search engine, I found this thread: https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox/topic7820.

I downloaded and placed the Kiddie Corner into Riverview and created a daycare worker for the lot. I gave the Nurturing, Neat, Family Oriented, Childish traits and the Surrounded by Family LTW to the daycare worker.

For two days I got the mother of the toddler to physically drop off the toddler inside the daycare centre and then carry out her duties delivering Sing-A-Grams. She was also able to audition for a gig at the coffeehouse. I checked the daycare lot at one point and the daycare worker changed the diaper, fed the toddler and left the toddler in the highchair, while she played with the dollhouse. When her Sing-A-Gram duties were completed, the mother collected her toddler from the daycare centre and they spent the night in the bathrooms of the Dogwood Playland to escape the heat of summer.

The next morning, the microphone icons started popping up again and my Singer went to the first job. The notice to call a babysitter popped up and when I clicked on it, the toddler was teleported to the daycare lot. Unfortunately, the toddler was teleported to the front door of the daycare centre lot and not inside it. So I added a gate to the back fence of the lot, but still the toddler could not go inside.

The only way I could get the daycare worker to teach the toddler to talk was to do as you suggested. After the toddler was teleported to the daycare lot, I used the Master Controller to make the daycare worker's household active and then used the testing cheats enabled method to add the toddler to the daycare workers family. I used the tagger to find the mother and then swapped over to her.

I'm wondering if this constant swapping of families and constant editing of the town while in an active game can cause corruption. I've only stuck to the one family lot. It doesn't matter if it has, because I might have to start Riverview all over again anyway to add cribs to the houses.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 3:51 AM
Please excuse the double post, but I ran into a problem with setting up an inactive daycare centre. I do not play as the daycare centre worker and I do not play the Sims rotationally.

Recently in Sunset Valley, my Sim went into the gym to complete an opportunity to work out for 4 hours. While she was there, I noticed that a sim I do not play had placed their baby on the floor next to them while they were pumping iron. When I went to look for the daycare centre lot, I found that it was now unoccupied. At some point in the game, the daycare centre worker I had created for that lot, had moved out of it. I had downloaded the Sunrise Daycare centre from MTS, added more cribs and the playpen, and had set that up as my daycare for the whole of Sunset Valley. However, when I was using it, my Sims's toddler was the only one in Sunset Valley.

Is there any way to stop the daycare centre worker from moving out or getting another job? Do I have to actively play as the daycare centre worker if I want to use the lot as a kind of pre-school where the toddlers of the town can get a head start by making friends while using the playpen?
Instructor
#17 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mtsimguy
Is there any way to stop the daycare centre worker from moving out or getting another job?

Twallan's Story Progression could do the trick. Click on your daycare sim - nraas - story progression - sim options - allow find job set to false.

Or click on town hall/computer - nraas - story progression - general options - careers. Turn these options off;
  • Allow investigation
    Allow stand alone part time jobs
    Assign dream job to employed
    Assign self employed careers
    Auto find job

For immigration/emigration, Twallan's Story Progression is able to disable it. Set emigration and immigration gauge to 0.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes