Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 4:24 PM
Default The Prom: When does it happen & can it be forced?
So, usually, in real life the prom happens the night before or a few nights before you finish high school to go onto college. But is it the same for TS3? My teen has about 20 odd days until she is a YA (Because it is my favourite age to play, I set the age span quite long). And since getting Generations, I have been wanting all the sorts of new opportunities/events to come up for teens, e.g. Prom, teen party (No idea how to do this unless it's just a normal house party), graduation etc.

Also, I know there are a few mods that can force events and opportunities. I have MC and a few other Twallan mods, but I'm not sure which one forces events and how to do so.
So, when does the prom happen for sims? And if possible, how can I force the prom?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 4:37 PM
Is mine just all coincidence, or EA made it this way? All my proms (until now) were happened 3-4 days before graduation, and it's always on the weekend...

I'm not using MC, nor any core/master SP mod like that. So, I don't know how to force it to happen... Good luck!

Hey there! :)
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:31 PM
I use the Debug Enabler to force prom. It always schedules it to happen in 3 days. When I have teens I have 2 proms a week.

Also the option to have a teen party only comes up when you accecpt the free vacation opportunity, which sends all the adults on "vacation". They just disapear for a while. You can also force this by using the Debug Enabler.

Pretty easy to use, just click on the object or sim, go to Naas, DebugEnabler, options, a pop up menu, make your choice.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 7:26 PM
As for when it happens, there isn't any set time for it. The game runs a random chance each day as to whether it'll schedule a prom. Once the prom actually happens, it waits 14 days to start running that random chance again.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IHopeYouChoke
I use the Debug Enabler to force prom. It always schedules it to happen in 3 days. When I have teens I have 2 proms a week.

Also the option to have a teen party only comes up when you accecpt the free vacation opportunity, which sends all the adults on "vacation". They just disapear for a while. You can also force this by using the Debug Enabler.

Pretty easy to use, just click on the object or sim, go to Naas, DebugEnabler, options, a pop up menu, make your choice.

Great! I knew one of the mods I had did this, but I wasn't 100% sure which one.

Thanks for the info, I'll try it out now
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
Is mine just all coincidence, or EA made it this way? All my proms (until now) were happened 3-4 days before graduation, and it's always on the weekend...

I'm not using MC, nor any core/master SP mod like that. So, I don't know how to force it to happen... Good luck!

Mine usually occur on a Thursday or Friday. Weird really, because it should be on a weekend
Scholar
#7 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 6:02 PM
I have four different games going right now, two with premade families in Sunset Valley and Barnacle Bay, and two with custom families. It is entirely random. When Mortimer Goth aged up to teen he got the notice the next day that prom would be the next Tuesday (he aged up on a Saturday even with a short lifespan he still had about two weeks left until he aged up) and Bella called on Sunday right after she aged up herself to ask him to the Prom. With my premade Barnacle Bay family it happened the day before graduation. My custom families fell in the middle of the two.
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 4:57 PM
Default My teenage sim had 2 proms!
Hi! Didn't use any mods, but my teenage Sim attended two proms so far! I didn't force the event or anything. She even made it so far as to get voted Prom Queen twice! I have the tiaras to prove it... :-P I've been putting it down to glitching in Generations, but after reading this forum I've been wondering if it's because I chose an epic life span for her? Maybe it's possible!
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:53 AM
Are there any mods specifically built for prom? It'd be really nice to have one in order to sort of control whether teens get together or not during them, or at least give a yes/no choice! A couple times I've had a situation in which I wanted to play out a romance between teens, but as soon as prom hits and they ask each other out, more often than not they're catapulted right into a Going Steady relationship AND the First Kiss-- all within the rabbithole, so I can't get any decent pictures.
I've also had it where I've purposefully made Sims go by themselves and they end up getting together with a random Sim at the prom-- sometimes this is really cute, but other times it really messes up my plans! Again, I wish we had some say in what goes on-- all it would take is a couple of pop-up choices, right?

Alternatively is there a way to just turn off the prom via system or mod?
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
As for when it happens, there isn't any set time for it. The game runs a random chance each day as to whether it'll schedule a prom. Once the prom actually happens, it waits 14 days to start running that random chance again.

I find the first prom in a new game is called the day after the first child becomes a teen. This is really annoying because their best friend/potential date is often still a child. If they skip the prom, then they have to wait two weeks for the next chance to attend. If they attend, they end up in a romantic relationship with a stranger. It should wait a few days or a week before scheduling a prom.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?