Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 9:16 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 9th Sep 2017 at 1:45 PM. Reason: re-categorizing

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Pets, Seasons
Default Installing eps out of order?
So I just installed WA a few months ago and already had seasons installed, I didnt realize you had to install everything in order does this mean i have to uninstall seasons and reinstall or uninstall the entire game and reinstall? Or should I leave things as it is?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 12:20 AM
You can install EP's in any order.
As long as your base and EP's are fully patched (up to 1.67. You don't want 1.69) and the content is showing in build/buy mode.
Just remember Generations and any pre-Generations packs have their own patches that will need applying.
Use the MTS Patch Downloader to simplify this whole process.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:56 AM
I never realized they had to be installed in order either.

I always went by what I wanted to play the most. ITF is always installed right after the Base game. So, what happens if you install them in order? Is there some sort of Easter Egg?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
You can install EP's in any order.
As long as your base and EP's are fully patched (up to 1.67. You don't want 1.69) and the content is showing in build/buy mode.
Just remember Generations and any pre-Generations packs have their own patches that will need applying.
Use the MTS Patch Downloader to simplify this whole process.
I have patch 1.69 is that bad or something?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I never realized they had to be installed in order either.

I always went by what I wanted to play the most. ITF is always installed right after the Base game. So, what happens if you install them in order? Is there some sort of Easter Egg?
yeah that's exactly what I did installed Pets, Seasons and World of Adventures, not sure but looked it up and some people said it's bad to install them in the wrong order, but other people say you don't have to install them in order any more, so I have no idea if I have to do a complete uninstall or not
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 12:47 PM
I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled various EPs in any sort of order - Seasons generally being the first, and most important, EP I install - and I have never noticed any issues.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled various EPs in any sort of order - Seasons generally being the first, and most important, EP I install - and I have never noticed any issues.
That's good then 😊
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 1:45 PM
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:09 PM Last edited by igazor : 9th Sep 2017 at 3:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
not sure but looked it up and some people said it's bad to install them in the wrong order

This would be what we call an Urban Legend. There may have been some truth to it back in 2010 when there were two EPs and two SPs or something like that, but certainly not since then.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This would be what we call an Urban Legend. There may have been some truth to it back in 2010 when there were two EPs and two SPs or something like that, but certainly not since then.

Ok thanks for replying glad i dont have to uninstall :D
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 6:07 PM
The official install instructions as per EA Help is:
Install base game
Patch to the latest patch (1.67 or 1.69)
Then install the packs

As soon as the base game is patched up it doesn't matter anymore what packs you install, because since the Generations EP the game has been changed to always run from TS3W.exe that is in the the base game folder, and patches now only change TS3W. Before that it was somehow necessary to install in order because the game would always run from the latest pack exe.
Site Helper
#12 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 2:48 PM
"Install In Order!!!" was for Sims 1. They fixed it for Sims 2, although the community was a bit leery for a while, but in sims 3 it's been a non-issue for so long that it's safe to assume that EA got it right.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook