Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 11:22 AM Last edited by mistydoggoxo : 10th Oct 2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Solved
Default My Game is Blocked From Accessing Graphics Hardware
Alright, heres a clearer version, when i start playing the game, my screen goes black, after a few seconds, i get a message saying 'Application TS3.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware' I am now reinstalling through origin, and i keep being told that my installation is failing to install. I have a 5 expansions and 5 stuff packs. I have taken out my mods and save families but still, nothing.

Solved it. I just deleted a few files in Origin folder after talking to technical support
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:42 PM
Still no resolution, or still no resolution? Specify, please.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Still no resolution, or still no resolution? Specify, please.

Like I mean the problem hasn't been solved yet
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:41 PM
There is a way to get your game to recognize your graphics card and the instructions are on this site. I think that may be what you're asking. You can google getting your Sims 3 game to recognize your graphics card and it'll direct you back to Mod the Sims. Hope that helps. I don't know how to post links to this site or I would have done it..
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:34 PM
I remember this problem being quite common with Watchdogs 2 when that came out, apparently it's a Windows thing. You might have success adding the game as an exception to Windows Firewall (no idea why), but otherwise, there's no real definitive solution that I know of.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 7:31 PM
But this literally has no sense at all @Nysha (What GPU has to do with any Firewall, for 'ol gods' sake? Many programs nowadays presents bad behaviour of demanding not necessary and easy exploitable network connection but it has nothing to do with GPU - until that GPU is working on another workstation to which you're connected over e.g. LAN - is that seems to be nonsense enough? )

Anyway, for OP: what message you get and in what way. Exactly.

The game does not start and some strange alert is popping out saying "something is missing" or "something" else?
The game just crash after short period of trying to start?
Something else?

More specific description if I could ask, the message you provided is not helpful nor clear.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
But this literally has no sense at all @Nysha (What GPU has to do with any Firewall, for 'ol gods' sake? Many programs nowadays presents bad behaviour of demanding not necessary and easy exploitable network connection but it has nothing to do with GPU - until that GPU is working on another workstation to which you're connected over e.g. LAN - is that seems to be nonsense enough? )

Anyway, for OP: what message you get and in what way. Exactly.

The game does not start and some strange alert is popping out saying "something is missing" or "something" else?
The game just crash after short period of trying to start?
Something else?

More specific description if I could ask, the message you provided is not helpful nor clear.

Sorry about that, I have updated the post as clear as i can
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
I haven't the faintest idea - it's the only solution that I've seen work for more than one person, though it certainly hasn't done so reliably.

Scholar
#10 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 4:51 PM Last edited by ElaineNualla : 9th Oct 2017 at 6:11 PM.
I'd risk to second that nitromon sentence, though we still do not know from OP what system it is in which version and what hardware etc. So - it's guessing at best.

Is it repetitive (e.g.:
no game managed by Origin is installable?
other programs /games have this strange "GPU is blocked" ) ?

If it's Win 10 I'm in the void - someone with experience in that system should take the lead.
Othervise:
does Origin and later the (any) game is running "as administrator" Origin installations and obviously Origin itself, should be allowed to freely connect with EA servers - make exception in the firewall (yeah... it's wrong but it is as is)
does DirextX (run DXdiag) and drivers for your GPU are ok?
does the system is healthy (more or less), check with antivirus just for cause.

It's clearly possible that message is completely random and bogus and the real problem is elsewhere. As nitromon stated: the program has too low priviledges or you have problem with drivers (systems' or GPU itself). Which is also the case of the Watchdogs - I mean: the message had no sense at all.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Instructor
#11 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:32 PM
Based on the black/blank screen the OP's experiencing and from previous thread with the same problem, I don't think it was because of an old save game even after it's being deleted. I suspect the OP may not have the proper graphics drivers installed, causing both Win OS and TS3 doesn't recognized the graphics device, and may ended up with blank DeviceConfig and that's why it's blocking accessing graphics hardware.

Please post your DeviceConfig from TS3 Documents folder here so we can have a look, also please check your Device Manager and make sure it doesn't look like this;

The picture above is just an example what it looks like if there's no graphics drivers installed. If your Device Manager looks like that then your Win OS failed to recognized it and so does TS3 and that's likely what causing your screen gone black/blank.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Based on the black/blank screen the OP's experiencing and from previous thread with the same problem, I don't think it was because of an old save game even after it's being deleted. I suspect the OP may not have the proper graphics drivers installed, causing both Win OS and TS3 doesn't recognized the graphics device, and may ended up with blank DeviceConfig and that's why it's blocking accessing graphics hardware.

Please post your DeviceConfig from TS3 Documents folder here so we can have a look, also please check your Device Manager and make sure it doesn't look like this;

The picture above is just an example what it looks like if there's no graphics drivers installed. If your Device Manager looks like that then your Win OS failed to recognized it and so does TS3 and that's likely what causing your screen gone black/blank.

Would a new laptop help?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 8:38 PM
Probably, but it's a hell of an expensive way to solve a software problem.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Probably, but it's a hell of an expensive way to solve a software problem.

I just reinstalled my base game, but now my other expansions through Origin wont install, whats happening. Sorry if Im so needy, im very crap with technology
Instructor
#15 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mistydoggoxo
Would a new laptop help?

Not really, it's a yes and no answers, it's a yes from performance's perspective in general, but it's a no for TS3 in particular because new laptops came with new graphics, you would still need to make TS3 recognizes its new graphics, the bottom line with new laptops or PCs.. you'll need to make new computers to fit what TS3 needs not the other way around.

Quote: Originally posted by mistydoggoxo
I just reinstalled my base game, but now my other expansions through Origin wont install, whats happening. Sorry if Im so needy, im very crap with technology

Unfortunately for your problem there's no magic one step solution that would fix all, you'll need to go through the technical steps to fix the problem, even with new laptop it would still be the same, because you need to make your computer fits TS3 as I mentioned above.

If you know how to uninstall and reinstall your TS3 BG, and I see you did that already, then you should be able to do the same for your graphics drivers or software, anyone here would be able to help you step by step if you provided them with your computer's spec information like posting your TS3 DeviceConfig for starter.

To check if your Windows OS recognizes your graphics device(s), if you're on Win 10;

1. Right click on "Start" button and go to Device Manager
2. From Device Manager, open your Display Adapters to see what you have in there.
3. Take a screenshot of it by pressing the "PrtSc" button.
4. Open "Paint" from Windows Accessories menu.
5. Paste it from clipboard to Paint, and you'll see your screenshot in Paint.
6. Save it using "Save As" as a new image, and upload your screenshot or new image file to here to post it here.

To check if TS3 recognizes your graphics device;

1. Go to your Documents folder and open your TS3 folder in there.
2. Look for a file named DeviceConfig.log
3. Open it with Notepad, you can do this with right clicking it and choose "Open with" >> Notepad
4. Copy the first 40 lines from your DeviceConfig reports, and paste them here.

If you can provide any of the above or both of them here, anyone here will be able to help you to analyze and solve your problem with step by step what you'll need to do next, even if you decide to buy a new laptop, you'd still need to post your TS3 DeviceConfig to make TS3 recognizes your new graphics device.