Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 8:19 PM
New Photorealistic Skin - Opinions
I made this today, it's only the face with no makeup on .. do you think it's worth finishing the whole body or is it not as realistic as I think..? .. Helaene has a beautiful set of skins, which means that realistic-looking skins are already out there..is mine really worth it? :monkey:
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 10:28 PM
I think it looks very natural and of course it's always worth experimenting like you do. The least you can do is to learn a lot from it and that's always good.

Nebulosa
"trying to keep the green mist as far away as possible from my nose"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 10:43 PM
Worth it definately.
Inventor
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 12:41 AM
I think it looks very good. I like realistic faces. I downloaded a skin set a long time ago that had realistic cleavage and collar bones and stuff but ignored the face totally.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 12:58 AM
Aazucaaar, this is excellent, and I would like to see a complete skin.
One suggestion: I would not include EYE makeup, as most simmers prefer to add their own, and I for one, rarely make up the sims eyes.
The lips are very lifelike (beautiful).
I have noticed most skins available have the eyebrows extending too far back towards the ears, so I have to conclude that this is a requirement of the MAXIS mesh(?). And many so-called "realistic" skins are too shiny and perfect to be realistic.
From what I see of the head, I'd rate this 9 out of 10.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 4:20 AM
Thanks for the encouragement (thinking about all the files I have to modify I relaly need it! lol) ..

Dragonfly, the skin has no makeup on the eyes whatsoever, it's maxis 3d shading on CAS that gives it that colour - the colour abouve the eyes is actually the same as above the lips and cheekbones (=bright).

What I really like about this skin is the tone.. it goes beyond the Maxis "mustard" one, although it does blend with the back of the head for bald sims with no appearent difference.

Ok then, this meams I should get back to work.. lol Have the rest of the female and male heads to do plus the bodies for the light skin tone.. we'll see about other complexions in the future..
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 4:36 AM
Yes, I think you should finish it, but I agree w/ dragonfly2004, don't add in the eye makeup.
Instructor
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 5:04 AM
I really think that looks great and very lifelike.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 1:25 PM
It looks very good and would certainly encourage you to continue. It looks very natural and as Dragonfly said, not too shiny. Look forward to seeing it completed.

You can find all of my creations here

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend" Robertson Davies
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragonfly2004
I have noticed most skins available have the eyebrows extending too far back towards the ears, so I have to conclude that this is a requirement of the MAXIS mesh(?).

It's actually the alpha for the eyebrows. I've made a few eyebrows of my own, they're like custom hair in that you have to select them from custom content, but it's really, really easy to change. The skins themselves don't have eyebrows at all, they're added when you select them in CAS.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 6:24 PM
can you tell me/show me how you make reallistic skin? please because im rubbish at skins.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 12:28 PM
very cool,, will ya upload it?

"Go on, the world is your canvas."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 12:49 PM
If I manage to finish it lol Problem is, u can see the details up close but from a distance the only difference is it doesn't look as shiny as the maxis skin.. and of course has boobs and all when naked.. hm..

I 've finished the heads, they turned out really nice. I had almost finished the woman body when my computer crashed (have I mentioned I HATE winblows?)... now I have to do it all over again sine I didn't save a .png and it needs fixing. Grrrrr...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 6:39 AM
Ok, ok, UPDATE!

I've uploaded the skin here:

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.p...2605#post782605

Go grab it ;-)
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 1:09 PM
Very nice! This is ways better the Heleane, don't worry bout that.
Going to download it (I'm a skintone whore :D)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 6:33 PM
Glad you uploaded. You did a great job from what I see. Heleane's are beautiful too, but I like to have variety. Looking forward to seeing what else you do.

Tracy

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
Our Angel
#17 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 8:15 AM
looks awesome