Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 1:53 PM
Hi, I was wondering what is the best meshing program because i've been using Photoshop and i like it but i want my stuff to look better, i've been looking around and they say the best one is Milkshape and i don't want to pay that much money! I was wondering if there is a good one that is free?

Riiko

Harry better not die! Or Ron or Hermione! Don care about Ginny but keep the twins!Die Voldemort and Snape!

My view of the Deathly Hallows
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 3:17 PM
Hi, I split your post from the SimPE tutorial thread as it was not related to that at all .
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 8:59 PM Last edited by porkypine : 27th Apr 2007 at 9:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by riiko14
Hi, I was wondering what is the best meshing program because i've been using Photoshop and i like it but i want my stuff to look better, i've been looking around and they say the best one is Milkshape and i don't want to pay that much money! I was wondering if there is a good one that is free?

Riiko

Hi. Milkshape and Photoshop and entirely different animals but they both are used to create a mesh and the associated recolor.

Milkshape is a tool to create and modify the shapes of meshes. You only need it if you are going to create new meshes or modify the shapes of existing meshes for the game.

Unimesh is used within Milkshape to work with Sims2 stuff (Milkshape is a general 3D editor.)

Photoshop and other graphic programs are used to paint and texture the mesh. SimPE is used to insert your modified/cloned/whatever mesh into a Maxis original package file. It allows you to modify the programming and configuration of packages. i.e., change the genetics of a sim. Match a texture to a mesh. configure Uni majors and careers, etc.

If all you are doing is recolors of objects and clothes without changing their shapes, all you need is Photoshop or similar graphic program along with Bodyshop for clothes and hair and SimPE for objects.

The mesh is the SHAPE of the object or clothing and the TEXTURE or SKIN is what you see.... ie the fancy paint job...?

Milkshape does not replace Photoshop nor does Photoshop replace Milkshape.

I hope this clears it up for you. :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th May 2007 at 3:59 AM
photoshop is one of the best programs to use for any type of image editing/meshing period. Believe me it is very easy to use, there are tons of plugins, brushes, textures, etc you can use with photoshop to add to your meshes. It is worth the try.