Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 187 (Who?), Viewed: 203536 times.
Page 6 of 8
Test Subject
#126 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:19 PM
Thank you, ripple again
Those really help me enjoying my Medieval life !
Test Subject
#127 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:12 PM
Thanks Ripple, can you make some more?
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 1:03 PM
Hey all. I can't seem to get this hair to show up in game:

http://www.rosesims2.net/sims3/Acce...ims3_acc016.htm

The second one from the bottom (the bob for the male).

I've made sure that it's set to "true" for all professions, I've made sure that the ages are all set right, and that it's set to "profession" in that third tree of options.

Is it just one of those hairs that won't turn up?

Also, some people were complaining about hairs that over-ride the colour of the eyes. I think what's happening there is that something in the hair makes it set so that it's a regular hair with an accessory that is to be coloured separately. Because of that, it gets all messed up. (Sorry if I'm not making much sense, I have a migraine).

I think this is something that can be fixed if someone has the know-how, unfortunately I'm not one of those people or I'd do it meself. <3

Awesims: My Sims blog with downloads, stories and more.
Test Subject
#129 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 3:09 PM
Still not Working
Test Subject
DELETED POST
16th Mar 2012 at 8:47 AM
This message has been deleted by mygreenstars.
Test Subject
#130 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 10:11 AM
Do I need to convert the rar to a DDS? I'm very new at this stuff and I don't quite understand why it won't work. I'm following the steps to a T and made sure to disable the original wrap and everything!
Test Subject
#131 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 10:25 AM
Sorry for multiple post but I just figured out what I was doing wrong LOL. I missed the most simplest step to begin with. Unpacking the RAR! Thanks for this great tutorial!
Test Subject
#132 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 12:33 PM Last edited by AlexanderFebo : 7th Apr 2012 at 10:39 PM.
I WANT SOMETHING TO SAY IMPORTANT SOME INTERESTINGS MOD A HAIRSTYLES TO TSM SOME FROM A NORMAL TS3 SO YOU CAN NOT CONVERT PACKAGES I'M TRYING THAT AND FOR ME WORK ALSO CLOTHING DRESS FOR FEMALES BUT THEIR STANCE IS LITTLE STRANGE
Test Subject
#133 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:56 PM
When it comes to the part to change the type and instance, the type doesn't change, only the instance does. I think I'm running the 64-bit version. Help please?
Test Subject
#134 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 6:48 AM Last edited by Jahlee : 16th Jun 2012 at 8:21 AM.
Default TS3 hair conversion to TSM
Hi all.

I have had success in converting TS3 hair to TSM - thanks to your tutorials and feedbacks - but I find that a lot of the hairs which work when I put them in the game individually, are replaced by another one if I try to put a bunch in at once. Is there a limit to the number of custom hairs you can place in the game? Or is there some code/number which tells the hair which CAS position it goes in?

Thanks for any help...



Hey it's OK... I think I've worked it out!

I make sure the female hair has a SortPriority of 1930, (found when opened CASP with s3pe, and clicked on Grid).
Then I check the 4 categories (Data Type, AgeGender, ClothingCategory, MedievalProfession) - ensuring especially that True is set for [00] - [0C] in ClothingCategory, hit commit.
Then hit Resource (make sure compress and use resource name are ticked), write in a name, and then hit FNV32 (I take it that is referring to the type of PC).
Then save.
That's all!

Now I just need to shrink hairs to fit better...
Guest
DELETED POST
2nd Aug 2012 at 5:53 PM
This message has been deleted by justmeee.
Test Subject
#135 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 8:23 PM
Default What?
I don't see a "Medieval professions" category at all, and it appears I'm not the only one. Where did I go wrong?
Scholar
#136 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shownoemoticon
I don't see a "Medieval professions" category at all, and it appears I'm not the only one. Where did I go wrong?


Do you have the CASPart Wrapper by Velocity Grass?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=440984

What do you mean, 'get a life'! I'm a gamer, I have many lives.
Test Subject
#137 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 9:04 PM
Hey, does anyone know where to find the basic head mesh? I've found the teeth, eyeballs, and the basic bodyshape, but somehow I keep missing the actual head. It'd make resizing a heck of a lot easier.
Instructor
#138 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 12:38 PM
I tried converting store items, the one that EA made and they actually turned out ok compared to other male hairs i downloaded and converted. although one of the hair has a bit of a texture problem at the back but it's not really that bad.


Screenshots
Test Subject
#139 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 2:16 PM
Default Help?!
When I click on the CASP file in the s3pe, it comes up with absolutely no information what so ever on the right hand side. and it will only let me hex, not value or grid. I've tried un-installing and reinstalling but its the same. I also re downloaded the S3PE medieval wrapper. I would post a picture but I don't know how too. Help? :/
Test Subject
#140 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 4:56 PM
Default help
i try to convert ts3 cc to tsm like the tutorial . and i put my mods to my folder mods(mydocument/The sims medieval/mods/packages.
and i try to play .
in game i cant look my mods in creat a sim , why ? and the orther mod cant read in game . please help me . my patch game 2.0.113
thx before

btw I am confused about how to put the files resource.cfg. and I have to use resource.cfg which one? for my patch game 2.0.133 . help me please to use mods the sims medieval
Scholar
#141 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 6:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_cuteface_i
When I click on the CASP file in the s3pe, it comes up with absolutely no information what so ever on the right hand side. and it will only let me hex, not value or grid. I've tried un-installing and reinstalling but its the same. I also re downloaded the S3PE medieval wrapper. I would post a picture but I don't know how too. Help? :/


Do you maybe have hex only checked at the bottom?

What do you mean, 'get a life'! I'm a gamer, I have many lives.
Scholar
#142 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 7:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemonghunter
i try to convert ts3 cc to tsm like the tutorial . and i put my mods to my folder mods(mydocument/The sims medieval/mods/packages.
and i try to play .
in game i cant look my mods in creat a sim , why ? and the orther mod cant read in game . please help me . my patch game 2.0.113
thx before

btw I am confused about how to put the files resource.cfg. and I have to use resource.cfg which one? for my patch game 2.0.133 . help me please to use mods the sims medieval



Your mods/packages folder doesn't go in my documents, it goes in:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval

If you see folders called 'Caches, Game, Game Data, Support and Thumbnails', you're in the right place. Put the 'Resource.cfg' file in here so it's sitting with these folders.

Then

Open the 'Game' folder

Open the 'Bin' folder

Put the 'd3dx9_31.dll' in there (needed for mods like Grims core mod)

You can get the correct resource file and the dll here

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments

What do you mean, 'get a life'! I'm a gamer, I have many lives.
Test Subject
#143 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieTeeta
Your mods/packages folder doesn't go in my documents, it goes in:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval

If you see folders called 'Caches, Game, Game Data, Support and Thumbnails', you're in the right place. Put the 'Resource.cfg' file in here so it's sitting with these folders.

Then

Open the 'Game' folder

Open the 'Bin' folder

Put the 'd3dx9_31.dll' in there (needed for mods like Grims core mod)

You can get the correct resource file and the dll here

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments


so i must put folder Mods and resource.cfg in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval ?
hmm not put them in my document huh ? :/
thx u really help me full :D
Test Subject
#144 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 12:46 PM
Is it possible to make the opposite thing: to convert from TSM to TS3? Could somebody help me with tutorial,please?
Test Subject
#145 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalevenstar
I seem to be having a couple of problems;

1. The eyes of my sim seem to be overridden with the 'accessory' color of the hair color.
2. The hair seems to be too large for my sims head

Is there anyway I can adjust those in the S3PE program or should I just re-adjust my sim's face in-game?



i just use contacts for the eyes, i have some hairs that do that to
Test Subject
#146 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuniculosa
Hey, does anyone know where to find the basic head mesh? I've found the teeth, eyeballs, and the basic bodyshape, but somehow I keep missing the actual head. It'd make resizing a heck of a lot easier.


i tried to clone the bald head and even the stubble, but the clone program keeps freezing when i do, i have used the bandage wrap as it is pretty tight around the head,

for resizing i use either .95 or .90 (all axes) depending on how big the hair is

that is all about i can do with milkshape though so its probably a bit of a noob answer :D
Test Subject
DELETED POST
10th Mar 2013 at 4:43 AM
This message has been deleted by amoredidanza.
Test Subject
#147 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 6:31 AM Last edited by amoredidanza : 11th Mar 2013 at 7:00 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroxy777

4. when you finish close the window and go to Resource and select it then select Details
and change the Type and Instance by clicking the FNV64 and FNV32 buttons and save your package file







This is where I think my issue is, When I hit those two buttons nothing changes the type, they both change the instance

The hair isn't showing up in game.
Scholar
#148 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoredidanza
This is where I think my issue is, When I hit those two buttons nothing changes the type, they both change the instance

The hair isn't showing up in game.


If all you want to do is get a TS3 hair to show in TSM you just have to edit the CASP. You don't change the type anyway, and changing the instance isn't neccessary.

What do you mean, 'get a life'! I'm a gamer, I have many lives.
Test Subject
#149 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 8:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieTeeta
If all you want to do is get a TS3 hair to show in TSM you just have to edit the CASP. You don't change the type anyway, and changing the instance isn't neccessary.


It says it is in the tutorial. If that's the case I don't understand it at all. I followed the tutorial and its not showing up in the game.
Test Subject
#150 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoredidanza
It says it is in the tutorial. If that's the case I don't understand it at all. I followed the tutorial and its not showing up in the game.


I finally got the hair to show up in game after a series of problem (mods weren't working since it was in the wrong section), but when I pick the hair in CAS it looks almost like how it does in Sims 3 minus a few clipping, but when in-game the hair is replaced with a bald head instead. I was cloning a hair from Sims 3 Late Night (just for my own personal use) for the record.
Page 6 of 8
Back to top