Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 12:44 PM
Default Glitch: Sims can't leave the Throne Room
Today I discovered a glitch involving every hero and (not really sure with this point) NPC Sim in my kingdom: Sims in the area around the throne room couldn't leave this area, and the others couldn't get there.
They were showing that waving animation as if sth was blocking their way. Unfortunately, I saved the game, as I had the Quest on platinum and hoped the glitch would vanish if I close and open the game.
I cancelled the quest and started a new one, hoping it would help, but it didn't: my bard Sim couldn't get near my monarch Sim.
I read about other people having this glitch after deleting something in buy mode. Although I hadn't deleted anything, but I remembered having been moving a Sim with moveObjects, I opened buy mode and placed a chair in the castle.
It worked. My bard Sim could talk to my King.
Now I want to ask whether some of you have expierienced this glitch, how it happened and how you dealed with the problem.

SorryForBadEnglish
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 7:02 PM
It sounds like a Sim somewhere in the shell got stuck, either by an interaction with an object not ending properly or simply a routing issue. Another solution could have been shift-clicking the Sim in question and using force reset on them (requires testingcheats enabled). If it was a hero Sim, you could have manually moved them in buy mode as well. However, that would require you to know which Sim that was stuck and that they were still clickable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
It sounds like a Sim somewhere in the shell got stuck, either by an interaction with an object not ending properly or simply a routing issue. Another solution could have been shift-clicking the Sim in question and using force reset on them (requires testingcheats enabled). If it was a hero Sim, you could have manually moved them in buy mode as well. However, that would require you to know which Sim that was stuck and that they were still clickable.

Force Reset and moveObjects didn't work. But I'm trying to find out if placing an Object in Buy Mode always fixes this error.