Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2012 at 5:21 PM
Default Mod to walk with legs closer together
The Sims 3 walk and stand with their legs so far apart. I REALLY want to know if it is possible to make them walk/stand with legs closer together. Basically, a more elegant walking animation...
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 3rd May 2012 at 5:59 PM
It probably depends how much modding experience you have, or how much time you have to spare for doing all the tutorials I am sure there will be a way, once you know all the tools.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 3rd May 2012 at 6:23 PM
The best way i guess is to create a slider that moves the feet close together, that way you can create each sim the way you like.
I know it is possible but its been a while when i used those tools.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2012 at 10:53 PM
Wow thank you!! So it is possible if there's a feet slider!
You know the way Sims stand when they're painting? (picture attached) Their legs are close together and it looks great, that's the walk pose I want them to have.

I don't know why my sim child has such big feet though. I guess it's because I used the height slider to make her taller.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 4th May 2012 at 8:59 AM
I hope you will share your slider when you have made it - good luck with your modding endeavours

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 4th May 2012 at 2:23 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 4th May 2012 at 8:24 PM.
Here you go.

Try it out and let me know,
I changed a existing sim with Nraas and it worked fine, definatly gives a adult female a more sexy walk.
There are however alot objects with their own footslot, if a sim uses those the foot will use the position of those slots.
You find it in the nose section when editing the face.(under misc, called footwidth and footrotation)

In your screenshot the child is prolly using one of the objects that use their own slots.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Bloom_Footwidth_slider.7z (899 Bytes, 1821 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th May 2012 at 7:01 PM Last edited by Sof_m9 : 4th May 2012 at 7:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Here you go.

I changed a existing sim with Nraas and it worked fine, definatly gives a adult female a more sexy walk.
There are however alot objects with their own footslot, if a sim uses those the foot will use the position of those slots.
You find it in the nose section when editing the face.(under misc, called footwidth and footrotation)

In your screenshot the child is prolly using one of the objects that use their own slots.

Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much! I was trying to do this but it came out awful! lol! I'm going to try yours right now.

Ok, I tried it out and there's a problem with the animation when they walk. I recorded it to show you. http://youtu.be/wnNB0GdXjjU Darn.. this mod is so amazing, I can tell that it gives a more elegant walk, if only it worked! Does it work fine in your game?
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 4th May 2012 at 8:22 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 4th May 2012 at 9:11 PM.
Ouch....
I only tested the width slider ingame, so im sure that one works.
The rotation is done with quaternion settings so im afraid i need to fix those....
You used the rotation slider on your sim right?

Edit,
I h8 to dissapoint you but i don't know enough how to use those quaterion settings so you got to stick to the width slider for now...
If some wizzard read this he or she might can help cos i dont understand....http://content.gpwiki.org/index.php...resent_rotation
I do know bout SIn/Cos and Tang and how to calculate those but thats about it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th May 2012 at 9:13 PM
Ouch....
I only tested the width slider ingame, so im sure that one works.
The rotation is done with quaternion settings so im afraid i need to fix those....
You used the rotation slider on your sim right?

Edit,
I h8 to dissapoint you but i don't know enough how to use those quaterion settings so you got to stick to the width slider for now...

I moved the feet rotation a bit to the left and it works now!! YAY!! It looks so much better than having all sims with legs too far apart! Thank you, can't thank you enough! You should upload this mod, it'll be featured for sure.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th May 2012 at 10:57 PM
The Ministry of Funny Walks approves!

Making the feet point outwards gave me some very nice slapstick performances I rofl'd
I'm gonna keep the width slider, really nice to see some variation in Town.
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 6th May 2012 at 5:32 PM
I can not get it to work, it works in each pose but not in the walking animation.
To make it up, here is a leg length slider.
Note that when you use it interactions between sims do not match.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Bloom_LegLenght_slider.7z (1.5 KB, 257 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 1:53 PM
Here you go.

Hi Bloom,

I just downloaded this and I only see the foot width, is rotation still in this package? I have NRaas-->MC so I was also thinking maybe I need more slots, I have alot of sliders.

Thanks
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mekia02
Hi Bloom,

I just downloaded this and I only see the foot width, is rotation still in this package? I have NRaas-->MC so I was also thinking maybe I need more slots, I have alot of sliders.

Thanks

I think this mod needs to be updated. It looks a bit weird while my Sims are running.
Sockpuppet
#14 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 8:13 PM
The foot rotation slider didn't work correctly, i took it back.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 8:57 PM
Here you go.

Hi, I just downloaded this mod and i dont have nraas, am i still able to use this mod? ive looked through all my sliders and have not found it anywhere, can anyone help?
Sockpuppet
#16 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 11:05 PM
Quote:

You dont need Nraas
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:02 PM
Hi. yeah i downloaded this mod and i cannot find the misc in nose editing. I don't know if it's me being stupid or if its the right game i'm looking at. Knowing me its probably a sims 4 mod and not a sims 3 mod
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 1:15 PM
Hi there!

Please don't dig up dead threads But to answer your question, since this download's from 2012, there is a huge chance that it's outdated. If not, you could try expanding the slider limits in nraas IF you have more custom sliders in your game ^-^