Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 10:11 PM
Default Play with Magic spell effects modding? (SN EP)
I've been wondering this for a while now, but is there a way to tune/script the Play With Magic spells so that only certain effects show up, depending on what flavor is used?

Like, there's the blue simlish, the green plumbbobs, the purple-ish smoke, the colorful sparkles, the yellowish sparkles, fire, snow/ice -- and the green glow when you're below Level 6 and the purple glow when you're like pass Level 7.
ep7wandspellpracticebubblez
ep7wandspellpracticefire
ep7wandspellpracticeplumb
ep7wandspellpracticering
ep7wandpracticefail_main
ep7wandpracticeglyph
ep7wandpracticeglyphs_main
ep7wandpracticeplumb
ep7wandpracticeprestidigitation_main
ep7wandpracticepyrosparkles
ep7wandpracticepyrotechnics_main
ep7wandpracticering
ep7wandpracticesmoke
ep7wandpracticesmoke_main
ep7wandpracticesparkles_main
ep7wandwaving_main
ep7wandwavinglow_main

But what if I only want to see the simlish effect? Or I want my sim to always have that green glow, even once they've maxed out the skill.

Is there any way to control what effects show up when sims use Play with Magic?

Or even better, scripting it so we can choose specifically what kind of effect to play with?

(Since EA was a douche and only gave us fire and ice spells. I wanted lightning so my sims could be Sith Lords. )
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 11:21 PM
Hi Murf! :D

So I decided to take a look at the XML code of the argent_wand in the gameplay.package, and it seems to have a VFX line:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<base>
<Current_Tuning>
<kBaseSuccessChance value="86">
<!--Percent chance that a spell cast with this wand will succeed, 0-100-->
</kBaseSuccessChance>
<kEpicFailChance value="45">
<!--Percent chance that a fail will be an epic fail, 0-100-->
</kEpicFailChance>
<kMotiveDrainMultiplier value=".9">
<!--Spell motive drains are multiplied by this number-->
</kMotiveDrainMultiplier>
<kGlowVfxName value="ep7WandGlowCyan_main" />
</Current_Tuning>
</base>

Or well... this line:

<kGlowVfxName value="ep7WandGlowCyan_main" />

Not sure what would happen if you changed that into:

<kGlowVfxName value="ep7wandspellpracticefire" /> Or the lighting FX which you should be able to find in the effects txt file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/awkwx...+the+Future.txt

Though do keep in mind that this is basically the 'Skilling up' VFX. Spells do have a different VFX in their scripts, not in their tuning files. Oh! And I would try to buy the right wand. So in this case, the argent wand
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 1:15 PM
Hiya, Green!

Hrm. I tend to never use the wands, as most of my sims have the Magic Hands LTW. Would changing specific wand data change the No Hands, too?

Quote:
Spells do have a different VFX in their scripts, not in their tuning files.

Urgh, I tried making script mods before and totally bombed, goshfrikkindarnit, EA.